24 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

News from Promobricks: 

10307 Eiffel Tower 

November 2022 release 

"Should be at least 1,30m in height. Much more detailed than the last version, build in (dark) tan. Retails for 630 euros/USD

And there will be a 40579 Eiffel's Apartment GWP

That sounds good. Not far off the 1:200 scale of The Titanic and Statue of Liberty.

Interesting that there's no mention of piece count. They mention that the set's price is "probably" 630 euros, like the Titanic, but I wonder whether it'll have more or less pieces, considering it's a much more skeletal structure, without as many opportunities to include large bricks or plates. It'll be interesting to see it in dark tan, since all official and MOC renditions have been in DBG or LBG. Shame that it's a remake, though, there are plenty of other landmark buildings around the world that are deserving of being turned into massive LEGO sets, but I get that the Eiffel Tower is one of the most famous monuments in the world and can reach a larger target audience.

The 10181 Eiffel Tower is 15 years old now.  Still it is one my favourites.  Mainly a classic build with very few snot or other advanced building techniques.  Interesting to see how a new version will be.  Still, there are other landmarks yet to do.

Is this going to be a regular thing now?  Lego releasing a large and expensive set every November?   That's another thing.  The original was about £150.  This new one will be £500 !

On 2/23/2022 at 5:46 PM, NoOneOfImportance said:

News from Promobricks: 

10307 Eiffel Tower 

November 2022 release 

"Should be at least 1,30m in height. Much more detailed than the last version, build in (dark) tan. Retails for 630 euros/USD

I just search for pile of dark tan bricks, and Im not sure it will be great colour for such massive set like Eiffel tower.

Grey is classic colour for me in terms of Eiffel tower, they are build in this colour in legolands.

Im interested, because I love look of Eiffel tower when I was in Paris. But 630 euros is really a lot and it must look perfect for this price and size.

I wonder if they’ll try to make it 1:200 scale with the Titanic and Statue of Liberty. This would make it around 1.5 meters tall… maybe the rumored height is a little off? Even if they don’t, I’m sure that it will be an impressive model and I’m excited to see it!

I'm not sure where i read it about this (probably that was post on instagram), but Eiffel tower will be bigger than colosseum. Maybe even more than 10k pcs. I'll try to find this info.

There's a new colour for the flying owl piece in a new City set as well. 

Edited by mark1991t
This post was meant to be for the HP-thread.

I hope they can add more Chinese culture in to this theme since I have seen there’s a lot of triditional garden  

On 3/4/2019 at 1:17 AM, ddavid said:

I could see either a detailed Eiffel Tower or a Chinese Temple happening.

I would like to see (but it won’t happen) is a recreation of the Neuschwanstein Castle from Germany. 

I'm absolutely Ecstatic! Even in 2019 I said wanted this to happen. Arguably it was an obvious guess as Lego loves to repeat stuff. I didn't get a chance to get the original one, so I'll grab this one. But the price is the one that will be VERY difficult to swallow.

On 6/1/2022 at 1:28 AM, Iron Man 24 said:

I hope they can add more Chinese culture in to this theme since I have seen there’s a lot of triditional garden  

Hm nah, I preer Japanese style one. :) I do hope they would do Edo Castle with cherry blossoms or a japanese garden. {

On 6/27/2022 at 4:57 PM, ddavid said:

I'm absolutely Ecstatic! Even in 2019 I said wanted this to happen. Arguably it was an obvious guess as Lego loves to repeat stuff. I didn't get a chance to get the original one, so I'll grab this one. But the price is the one that will be VERY difficult to swallow.

Same here, can't wait to see it.  I'm glad the color's going to be slightly more accurate this go around!

A lighting kit on it will look fantastic...and a giant lighted CITROEN logo even more so.

citroen-eiffel-tower.jpg

we got some new info from the lego eiffel tower 10307!!

it will now be 1.5 meters (59 inches) tall with a baseframe of 50 by 50 centimeters

with a piece count of 10001 pieces

the price is $680 / 680 euros

set to be able to pre-order 25 November 2022 during Black Friday!

Definitely doesnt have room to display this, or that amount of money to spend it on single set in this economic situation.

I definitely looking forward to another architecture sets like Giza Pyramid, thats perfect balance for me.

These ultra duper mega sets are not my taste...

Lego needs to balance, there are so many sets for 300 euro and above.

14 hours ago, Ondra said:

Definitely doesnt have room to display this, or that amount of money to spend it on single set in this economic situation.

I definitely looking forward to another architecture sets like Giza Pyramid, thats perfect balance for me.

These ultra duper mega sets are not my taste...

Lego needs to balance, there are so many sets for 300 euro and above.

I will buy it because unlike you I like the big scale builds,

but I also agree with you that LEGO needs to cooldown with the big products and big pricing.

Just imagine the sheer size of the build and the box that comes with it!

it will be bigger that most pre-teens!

43 minutes ago, RemcoLegoLover said:

I will buy it because unlike you I like the big scale builds,

but I also agree with you that LEGO needs to cooldown with the big products and big pricing.

Just imagine the sheer size of the build and the box that comes with it!

it will be bigger that most pre-teens!

I love looking at big sets, but I rather buy more decent sized sets because of variety of build and theme of sets.

I think Eiffel tower build will be very repetetive. Like first creator set was, this will be same but more polished.

Any day now for a leak, right? UCS AT-AT was the big Black Friday set last year and the first picture leaked November 9th. I'm anxious to see this thing and find out if I can save $680 or if I need to seismically shift my budget around.

A photo of the Eiffel Tower Set 10307 box has leaked on Reddit and it is magnificent. It is a major improvement on the previous model. I’m looking forward to seeing it fully built. I’m sure it will be out of stock on the Lego website for a while after it is released on Black Friday like the Titanic was. If you intend to buy it as a Christmas present or to build during the Christmas holidays you will probably need to order it right away. It is rumoured to be £589 in the UK and it will be expensive in other countries like Canada and Australia too. The set is a lot of money. Hopefully it will be out for a couple of years so it gives people the chance to try and save up for it if they can. I’m going to be putting my Christmas and Birthday aside for it and will hopefully get it next year when there is a Lego VIP promotion on.

56 minutes ago, grahamrc351984 said:

A photo of the Eiffel Tower Set 10307 box has leaked on Reddit and it is magnificent. It is a major improvement on the previous model. I’m looking forward to seeing it fully built. I’m sure it will be out of stock on the Lego website for a while after it is released on Black Friday like the Titanic was. If you intend to buy it as a Christmas present or to build during the Christmas holidays you will probably need to order it right away. It is rumoured to be £589 in the UK and it will be expensive in other countries like Canada and Australia too. The set is a lot of money. Hopefully it will be out for a couple of years so it gives people the chance to try and save up for it if they can. I’m going to be putting my Christmas and Birthday aside for it and will hopefully get it next year when there is a Lego VIP promotion on.

It looks spectacular. I'm always surprised at how much bigger these sort of sets are in person than they look in photos. Imagine the difference for this one - it already looks gigantic in the box pic already. The Eiffel's Apartment will make it tempting to get on day 1.

Well I see I’m just a bit late to report this myself!

I’m stunned - it’s amazing!  And vast.  I now need to justify spending that much considering I’ve got travel plans as well.  Really like the box art saying Paris, France as well.

I don’t know about others here, but I consider this to be the largest ever set in reality, as I feel World Map only sort of counts - it’s got so many just dots.

Best,

Vilhelm22

On 2/24/2022 at 3:16 AM, NoOneOfImportance said:

News from Promobricks: 

10307 Eiffel Tower 

November 2022 release 

With only two years to go until the Paris Olympics, I think this should be of adequate size for the Eiffel Tower model (10307).
52490046411_a5513e438e_k.jpg

Made with just 4x4 curved tiles!:grin:

Promobricks says the minifigure for the Eiffel's Apartment GWP isn't exclusive, FYI. It's Obi-Wan's head and Cedric Diggory's tux, with plain black pants and plain gray hair. That makes the GWP immensely less-appealing, personally. 

Eiffel's Apartment GWP is on Promobricks now too. Looks nice, but I won't be terribly sad to miss it. Pleased for those that buy the Eiffel Tower though. The tower also looks fabulous, but I don't think I could find room for such a large model!

On 11/9/2022 at 3:05 PM, Vilhelm22 said:

Well I see I’m just a bit late to report this myself!

I’m stunned - it’s amazing!  And vast.  I now need to justify spending that much considering I’ve got travel plans as well.  Really like the box art saying Paris, France as well.

I don’t know about others here, but I consider this to be the largest ever set in reality, as I feel World Map only sort of counts - it’s got so many just dots.

Best,

Vilhelm22

Exactly how I feel too. The World Map is a kind of cheater biggest set. I’m counting the Eiffel Tower as the first official set to hit 5 digits. 

Really interesting sets, but truly out of my league for room and what i see as fun build.