1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

Well... saw an image of the GWP for this set. I can't say I'm a huge fan :sceptic:

Honestly I have to agree.  I want to like it, and the chariot’s nice, but the horses are a let down for me.

5 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Honestly I have to agree.  I want to like it, and the chariot’s nice, but the horses are a let down for me.

I wouldn't say it's bad, but I honestly feel like it's a bit of a missed opportunity and could have been bigger and better. I mean... even the Gingerbread house got a better promo...

3 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

I wouldn't say it's bad, but I honestly feel like it's a bit of a missed opportunity and could have been bigger and better. I mean... even the Gingerbread house got a better promo...

It's true.  I got the Gingerbread House miniature version promo last year when I got the Assembly Square.  It's a great little build with a substantial piece count.  I wouldn't have minded a miniature colosseum either.  At least something a bit larger...

Edited by Vilhelm22

So the prices for the Chinese New Year sets were revealed today. 160CAD for the garden, so pretty much on par with conversion rates. That gives me hope that the Colosseum won't pass the 800CAD mark (?)... :look:

Looking forward to tomorrow morning. I really want to get a bird's eye view of this thing.

Edited by Terrasher

Looks so much than the leaks suggested. It isn't overpriced, but just out of my budget...

Edited by JintaiZ

23 hours ago, Terrasher said:

So the prices for the Chinese New Year sets were revealed today. 160CAD for the garden, so pretty much on par with conversion rates. That gives me hope that the Colosseum won't pass the 800CAD mark (?)... :look:

Looking forward to tomorrow morning. I really want to get a bird's eye view of this thing.

The idea id fitting the garden between the other modular buildings is brilliant.

So we got the Colosseum and Old Trafford this year, a Taj Mahal rerelease in 2017, Big Ben in 2016, Sydney Opera House in 2013, Tower Bridge in 2010, the original Taj Mahal in 2008 and the Eifffel Tower in 2007.

Doesn't seem to be any clear schedule for landmark sets. I'd love it if TLG made them part of their yearly releases like the Expert Cars, Modular buildings and Star Wars UCS sets. It'll be a long wait until we get another one, I think, unless TLG takes advantage of their new 18+ branding to pump up the production of sets like these, which I doubt.

I love this picture from Zusammengebaut's review:

lego-10276-kolosseum-rom-colosseum-rome-

Old Trafford is already a pretty substantial set, but boy, oh boy, does it get dwarfed by the Colosseum.

That's a very interesting picture indeed!  How do the sizes of the two stadiums compare in real life?  Old Trafford is already a really big set in the 3k parts, 300 buck range, but it really shows that the Colosseum has nearly three times the part count!  Sometimes you can compare two sets of similar subjects, one with a much larger parts count, and you can't really tell where all the added parts have gone because the two builds are practically the same size, but not in this case!

Looking on this site recently, I noticed that there is listed on there set 10295: ?   Considering that the modular Police Station is 10278, that means we should get at least 18 Creator Expert sets next year.  Considering we got 2 in 2020 from 8 sets, I think that's a pretty good sign for landmark buildings in 2021....

Edited by Vilhelm22
forgot link

19 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

I noticed that there is listed on there set 10295:

Its probably a typo and should be 10285.

2 minutes ago, MartyMcFly said:

Its probably a typo and should be 10285.

I'm not so sure.  We're getting Flower Bouquet and Bonsai Tree, both completely new expert builds.  Who's to say the others won't be maintained in the same quantity?

On a different note, I reckon Old Trafford is going to have a relatively short lifespan, and will be replaced by something of similar size quite quickly, hopefully next year.  I'm not interested in football, never have been, never will be.  I've watched 1 match total, when England lost to Croatia in the World Cup Semifinal, so Old Trafford is a no buy for me.

Edited by Vilhelm22

It lists two sets, one for June and one for July.  Based on previous years, a Fairground set may be the June release, and last year we got a Train in July.

It doesn't list sets 10279 or 10284.  Another vehicle and Winter village set.  Although a like the vehicles, I hope they go back to just one release a year.  Two is getting expensive.  Unless maybe one normal car, and one movie based car.

Another landmark so soon after the Colosseum?  It could be possible.  If so, a smaller one for sure I would think.

Edited by MartyMcFly

4 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

A new stadium of some kind is rumoured for 2021, thanks to @VanIslandLego!

Brickfanatics reporting this.

If I had to guess, I’d say either Barcelona’s Camp Nou or the Allianz in Munich.

3 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Brickfanatics reporting this.

If I had to guess, I’d say either Barcelona’s Camp Nou or the Allianz in Munich.

They could also go with an American Stadium this time?  Personally I'd love to see one of the classic Baseball Stadiums.  I bought Old Trafford immediately just because I was excited about a Lego Stadium finally being done.  If the new ones sells well, we might get one of these every other year which would be pretty awesome.  

Just now, Calvinw said:

They could also go with an American Stadium this time?  Personally I'd love to see one of the classic Baseball Stadiums.  I bought Old Trafford immediately just because I was excited about a Lego Stadium finally being done.  If the new ones sells well, we might get one of these every other year which would be pretty awesome.  

Thought did cross my mind (Fenway, which would then lead to Anfield) but it’s very niche sport other than US and maybe Japan. Limits sales.

Then again, OT isn’t exactly iconic by any standards and a crumbling wreck, so who knows.

On 1/21/2021 at 12:21 PM, Calvinw said:

That would make a lot of sense to go with an American stadium.   I had to sit and think of some iconic stadiums that might make a good set.  In addition to the aforementioned Fenway, the ones that crossed my mind were:

Rose Bowl --  though that might be too close in design to Old Trafford.  
ATT Stadium -- Just because the stadium is so well known
Skydome -- First Retractable roof stadium which could make for an interesting build and display.
University of Phoenix Stadium --  the field that moves in and out of the stadium

They could also do a regular dome stadium like US Bank Stadium and have the roof come off so you can see the field.  

18 hours ago, MSY-MSP said:

That would make a lot of sense to go with an American stadium.   I had to sit and think of some iconic stadiums that might make a good set.  In addition to the aforementioned Fenway, the ones that crossed my mind were:

Rose Bowl --  though that might be too close in design to Old Trafford.  
ATT Stadium -- Just because the stadium is so well known
Skydome -- First Retractable roof stadium which could make for an interesting build and display.
University of Phoenix Stadium --  the field that moves in and out of the stadium

They could also do a regular dome stadium like US Bank Stadium and have the roof come off so you can see the field.  

Personally I'd probably be interested in all of those with the exception of the Rose Bowl due to the reason you stated.  I can see them doing a Yankee Stadium as well.  Even if you aren't a fan, no many people haven't at least heard of them.

The Rose Bowl looks absolutely nothing like Old Trafford. Most obviously it has no roof and it is a continuous oval, rather than a rectangular stadium.

That said, it’s also not a particularly interesting stadium design for a small scale set.

7 hours ago, VanIslandLego said:

The next stadium is European

I'm actually pretty pleased about this, as I have no interest whatsoever in American sports like American football and baseball, and there was a chance it would be one of those if it was going to be a US stadium.  I'd like Wimbledon Centre Court or Roland Garros Court Philippe Chatrier, as Tennis is basically the only sport I really have any interest in.

47 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

I'd like Wimbledon Centre Court or Roland Garros Court Philippe Chatrier, as Tennis is basically the only sport I really have any interest in.

That's a nice idea. I'm not a huge fan of sports grounds just as buildings without competitors (although I did once run around on the grass in the empty Kensington Oval in Barbados just for fun), but a tennis stadium would be fun. Even better would be to include a few mini/micro figures of real players, but difficult to do without starting arguments! Maybe just Federer and Navratilova for Wimbledon, as holders of most titles...

1 hour ago, Vilhelm22 said:

I'd like Wimbledon Centre Court or Roland Garros Court Philippe Chatrier, as Tennis is basically the only sport I really have any interest in.

Great idea. I’d like to see the complex of CC and the circular C1. Didn’t even occur to me though as I think tennis is still regarded as a more elitist/affluent sport rather than football/soccer which appeals to a much wider demographic.