It's a bit confusing why there still isn't an official announcement yet... but I guess it makes sense because large sets are usually announced late.

On 10/23/2020 at 10:41 AM, Vilhelm22 said:

Can definitely agree with that.  I would guess it’s the same size box as the UCS Millennium Falcon & Star Destroyer.  Looking forward to the reveal - can’t be far off now!

I'd say even bigger box!!!

On 10/17/2020 at 2:50 AM, Calvinw said:

Seems like nobody is interested in Colosseum...I'll definitely give it a fair chance.  Personally I've liked all the Landmark sets so far, so we'll see how this one turns out. 

I just think the price is an issue...

50 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

It's a bit confusing why there still isn't an official announcement yet... but I guess it makes sense because large sets are usually announced late.

I just think the price is an issue...

The is definitely a shocker compared to the rest of the Landmark Sets.  But this one also includes more than double the pieces of those sets.  I'm really curious about the overall scale of it to be honest. Cost is high no doubt but we all know Lego isn't cheap.  And if you want a set with this many pieces, it's not going to come cheap.  Regardless of the size or types of pieces.  Since this is more than likely a late November release, I'd expect a reveal maybe a week and a half before then?

11 minutes ago, Calvinw said:

The is definitely a shocker compared to the rest of the Landmark Sets.  But this one also includes more than double the pieces of those sets.  I'm really curious about the overall scale of it to be honest. Cost is high no doubt but we all know Lego isn't cheap.  And if you want a set with this many pieces, it's not going to come cheap.  Regardless of the size or types of pieces.  Since this is more than likely a late November release, I'd expect a reveal maybe a week and a half before then?

I'd expect an official reveal sooner since I thought it was supposed to release on Nov 1...

4 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

I'd expect an official reveal sooner since I thought it was supposed to release on Nov 1...

I can't see Sesame Street, The Child, and this coming out on the same day.  I'm pretty sure it'll be a mid to late November release.  

Edited by Calvinw
grammar correction

17 minutes ago, Calvinw said:

I can't that Sesame Street, The Child, and this coming out on the same day.  I'm pretty sure it'll be a mid to late November release.  

The Child comes out Oct 30

4 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

The Child comes out Oct 30

My mistake!  Still with only a few days before the release date, I can't see it being released on November 1st but I hope I'm wrong!  I'd love to see what this model has to offer.

On 10/27/2020 at 6:40 PM, Calvinw said:

I'm really curious about the overall scale of it to be honest. Cost is high no doubt but we all know Lego isn't cheap.

If you want to see the set and the packaging, go to Instragram, search for #legoleaks.

Wow. Re-visiting the page after a few days and nobody added a comment. Diagon Alley had at least a dozen new pages in a similar time span. The Colloseum seems be doomed, no interest at all...

Edited by legotownlinz

Eurobricks is not representative of the LEGO-buying public as a whole. Seems pretty silly and shortsighted to say a set is "doomed" based on how much discussion is or isn't happening in any given echo chamber.

Alright, Ecto-1 is revealed. What's left for 2020? Just the Colosseum, right? Rumored Black Friday release? I can't imagine we'll get any info before the Ecto-1 release on the 15th, so I'm not expecting anything until about two weeks from now.

I expect a Colosseum reveal around the same time as the Ecto-1 release.

Edited by Vilhelm22

New pictures of the box leaked on Instagram!

The front and back are both shown, as well as the measurements:

59 cm (23.5 in) wide x 52 cm (20.5 in) deep x 27 cm (10.5 in) tall.

9036 pieces 

EUR 499,99

I'm seriously hyped...

Oooh, there's the money shot from the side. So far looking good - starting to show a bit more texturing on the taller side of the Colosseum. Only complaint I have is that I wish TLG focused more on getting the oval shape right, since it looks very round as is.

As much as I appreciate the concept, choice of any historical site, and texture techniques, I can’t help but instinctively yawn ? at the eye-clawing boredom I anticipate in actually building this ancient arena of bloodlust. Assuming I’d even drop 500 notes on it when there’s so many other sets way ahead of it in my mind’s (and wallet’s) queue.

Edited by Lucarex

There's a post on Instagram of a real life pillar and a message in Italian. There's also the date November 13th at 15h (but what time zone? I'm assuming in Italy).

Do we have our reveal date? Or is TLG going to pull a Fiat and make that the release date, too?

On 11/6/2020 at 11:42 AM, Terrasher said:

There's a post on Instagram of a real life pillar and a message in Italian. There's also the date November 13th at 15h (but what time zone? I'm assuming in Italy).

Do we have our reveal date? Or is TLG going to pull a Fiat and make that the release date, too?

We don't have a reveal date yet...

2 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

We don't have a reveal date yet...

There are posts credited to aclego.03 on Instagram about a teaser with the date November 13th. Is it a reliable account or might it be fake?

3 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

There are posts credited to aclego.03 on Instagram about a teaser with the date November 13th. Is it a reliable account or might it be fake?

Think the release date is confirmed... but the reveal date isn't yet...

Saw it posted again on insta today.  15:00 Italy is GMT+1 or EST+6.  So 14:00 GMT, 9:00 EST...  Looking forward to November 13th!

Well... saw an image of the GWP for this set. I can't say I'm a huge fan :sceptic:

Boring GWP, TBH. Molded horses would have been better, of course, but I guess it might be fun to try to integrate the chariot into the Creator Carousel.

Hoping for a <800CAD price on this one. For 600USD, 780CAD would be on point.

I wonder how popular it'll be? This can't possibly be as popular as the MF, Star Destroyer or Diagon Alley, which both had considerable queues before stores opened.