Wow - really surprising that this is so big, but I'm not complaining! I'm just curious as to how well this does - the UCS Falcon had the Star Wars license to carry it, but this is more of a general thing with less appeal than SW. Could there just be a ton of smaller parts to make it more detailed? When this was first announced, I was picturing Manchester United Stadium size, but apparently it'll be much bigger.

5 hours ago, Terrasher said:

One person on instagram claiming it's 700€ with 9035 pieces. Other posts just saying 4000+ pieces (which I imagine would be substantially cheaper). I'm hoping for the former's piece count, but also the latter's price.

Still want to tread with caution. Don't wanna take for granted the veracity of these rumors.

I hope I'm wrong because a new piece count record would be amazing, but I probably won't believe it until Lego officially announces it themselves.

It would be super amazing if they did an ancient colosseum with 10-20 minifigures! I would buy that!

I can’t imagine them doing an ancient version of the Colosseo, considering the full context of that structure. It will have to be a representation of the current state of the landmark. I know it’s not modern violence or war, but that building was used for slave fights and the slaughter of animals. IMO it would be extremely hypocritical to drop the Osprey but then glorify slavery and gladiator fights in the same 6 months.

Edited by autolycus

6 hours ago, autolycus said:

IMO it would be extremely hypocritical to drop the Osprey but then glorify slavery and gladiator fights in the same 6 months.

They have done gladiators and Roman soldiers before. They have done violence in Star Wars, Superheroes, Indiana Jones, and many in-house themes.

Their policy is about modern warfare. An ancient building is not modern warfare. Some people alive today will have know people affected or killed by modern military aircraft. Nobody will have known people killed in the Colosseum. 

I also expect it to be the current state, as that is what people know.

I'm certainly not 'expecting' or 'knowing' anything, but wouldn't it be cool to have a double build option, where one could choose the current or ancient version? It should very well be possible to do so with that insane amount of pieces...

or they just made all the walls from little 1x2 plate 'bricks', stacks up to thousands of pieces very fast...

This is a welcome development.  I doubt that this set will have mini-figs (good).   Other large landmark sets didn’t. A 9,000+ piece adult oriented set would be great. As far as price goes, at least licensing fees won’t have to be built into the cost. It will be interesting to see how the 9,000 pieces are selected by the designers.  Will 2 or 3 pieces be used when a larger piece could be used with no loss of detail? I’m also interested in the price point study that Lego would do concerning the retail cost (but, I’ll never know).  Note, once it’s released, the ‘price’ is a ‘price’, it’s not a ‘price point’.  They’re different.  You’re welcome. 

Edited by Options

9000+ piece count sounds fabulously optimistic.

I would prefer an ancient version with minifigs myself rather than the modern ruin though that I suspect we'll get.

This sounds incredible! I’m really glad I didn’t buy the Grand Piano now. It’s a bit of an odd choice for the largest set ever made to me but I’m excited to see how it’s designed and how big it’ll be...

I really hope this rumor is true, and I hope the ppp is about the same as the other Landmark sets, which is around 7.5 cents CAD, at worst. I'd drop 700CAD for a 9000-piece Colosseum, but if the 700€ rumor is true and we end up with a 900 - 1k CAD price tag, it might just have to wait in the store for a long while.

900CAD for a 9000-piece set that I assume will have a ton of 1x1s would be ridiculous, though. That'd put it at 10 cents / piece. Big Ben, Taj and the Bridge all hover around 7 or 7.7 cents.

Looking forward to more info, but it's best to forget about this for a while IMO. I don't want to be on the edge of my seat eternally until November or mid October waiting for more leaks or more info like with the Diagon Alley...

Taj Mahal rerelease 10256 is £300 in UK.  I think I would probably expect £500 for this.  Looking at other currencies, I’d guess US$600, and €550.

Edited by Vilhelm22

For Euro prices in my counrty.

Hogwarts (licensed) was 7.5 cent a piece at ~6000 pieces

Taj Mahal was 5.9 cent a piece at ~5900 pieces

Old Trafford was 6.9 cent a piece at ~3900 pieces

So this set if it had 9000 pieces, probably would end up around €550 - €650, possibly more depending on the true scale of course.

Edited by TeriXeri

34 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

US$599.99 and 9035 pieces is confirmed for 10276.

Really? By a reliable source?

Hot dang, I've gone from careful anticipation to full-blown excitement. These will be three long months for LEGO leaks and rumors. I'm hoping for 700CAD at best and 800CAD at most.

https://jedijacpenguin.com/everythingweknowaboutLEGO2020.htm

I got the info from here.  Honestly didn’t notice the question mark until now, but I can’t think of a single time I’ve seen this site be wrong.  I’m also a subscriber to Bevin's Bricks on YouTube and he said this as well (though probably from the same site).  It’s generally reliable when people start publicising news like this on YouTube.

Go to 1:50 in the video - before that he’s discussing 10274/10275 (rumoured Ecto-1 and Elf Clubhouse sets).

Edited by Vilhelm22

On 8/7/2020 at 10:03 PM, Options said:

will have mini-figs

Gladiators with nets and axes, spears
Slave munging lions
.. and offcourse Julius with his thumb down.:thumbdown:
Hmmm I see Cleopatra, Asterix and more coming along in a great vision:laugh:

On 3/12/2019 at 9:49 AM, Vilhelm22 said:

I think at the moment my favourite would be St. Basil’s Cathedral in Moscow.  Has that even been done in Architecture?

Religeon is against LEGO's policy

When do you imagine we'll get a teaser or an announcement for this set?

If the info we have so far is true, I'd imagine TLG would want to release at least one teaser (or more), considering it would be the largest set by a wide margin.

A picture leaked.

Shape looks perfect, but I hope we get more pictures from different angles soon. I really want to see this thing from the same angle as it is on the Fiat's box.

I hope official pics do it more justice, because right now I imagine a lot of the texture and details get lost in the blurryness.

Anyone can make sense of the size of the set? I can't see any studs to count, but following a rough estimate of the slopes that form the base, i'd say the set is at least 64 studs on its longest side.

49 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

A picture leaked.

Shape looks perfect, but I hope we get more pictures from different angles soon. I really want to see this thing from the same angle as it is on the Fiat's box.

I hope official pics do it more justice, because right now I imagine a lot of the texture and details get lost in the blurryness.

Anyone can make sense of the size of the set? I can't see any studs to count, but following a rough estimate of the slopes that form the base, i'd say the set is at least 64 studs on its longest side.

Where could we see the picture?

So it's confirmed to exist now, but do we have any further info to back up the piece count rumors? I think that's going to be the deciding factor for me.

On 8/6/2020 at 9:08 AM, Terrasher said:

I'm hoping for the present version. I prefer the ruined look instead of the clean-cut aesthetic. There's more potential for build diversity and detail among the rubble.

-------

9035 pieces? I hope so. The big dilemma for the second half of 2020: Diagon Alley, Mos Eisley or the Colosseum...?

That's an easy choice !... I don not like Star Wars at all, and Diagon Alley I just finished yesterday evening (watching the latest COVID news on TV);... I just really hope it won't be $700.00 like mentioned before, I have to set a limit somewhere ?...:look:

@Terrasher heh there's always the 5ķ~ piece ninjago city gardens coming in like jan/feb.

I've seen the box for the collosium and unfortunatley cannot even begin to see how that is 9k parts. It's a load of 1x1 thick walls made of 1x1 round tiles, 1x1 bricks and 1x4x2 arches.

I hope i'm wrong of course.

Edited by SNIPE