Dover Castle could be cool to see at a decent scale.

And as something more close to my country : Dam Square - Amsterdam.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, LucyCol said:
On 3/12/2019 at 8:14 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

@Digger of Bricks I think TLG might want to wait till they have actually finished building it   :laugh:

1 hour ago, Dragunov2 said:

Every year u get extra bricks in your mailbox :D

That's pretty good @Dragunov2:thumbup: :head_back:

Leaks suggest that in 2020 there will be 7 Creator Expert sets:

10270 (16+) - 2504 pc - Modular Building

10271 (16+) - probably Vehicle

10272 (16+) -Fairground ??

10273 - Landmark ??

10274 - ??

10275 - Winter Village

10276 - ??

4 hours ago, VanIslandLego said:

10276 is Roman Colosseum for release in Nov

Wow, very excited for this and curious to see the scale. Was a bit surprised to not have an Architecture set yet for such a famous landmark, and a large 18+ set will be even better!

6 hours ago, VanIslandLego said:

10276 is Roman Colosseum for release in Nov

Around 9000 pieces I have heard

I hoped for some modern architecture, but the Colosseum is also quite a remarkable structure, but unfortunately very repetitive. 

2 hours ago, mark1991t said:

*oh2*

May be an instant buy if this is true! Would be nice to see a landmark building reclaim the title of largest piece count.

7 hours ago, mark1991t said:

Did you get that from a reliable source? I'm not seeing any info on this in legoleaks.

Just now, Terrasher said:

Did you get that from a reliable source? I'm not seeing any info on this in legoleaks.

Yes. This source is right about many things, including latest fairground ride: Haunted House, which he knew about in early March ;)

Edited by mark1991t

What about the leaning tower of Pisa for the next one after the Colosseum? That would be neat to see how TLG would create the lean.

Edited by 387Brick

On 7/31/2020 at 4:41 AM, mark1991t said:

We need to know more about this...  That's a massive amount of pieces!

33 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

@calvinw Its all I know right now :pir-bawling:

Well I hope it's true but not going to lie a 9,000 piece set for that is hard to believe...

That does seem very surprising. It's 50% more parts than the Taj Mahal. And even coming in at 5c / 5p a piece like the Taj Mahal, that would be $450 / £450.

Plus would they really knock the UCS MF off top spot?

45 minutes ago, MAB said:

That does seem very surprising. It's 50% more parts than the Taj Mahal. And even coming in at 5c / 5p a piece like the Taj Mahal, that would be $450 / £450.

Plus would they really knock the UCS MF off top spot?

The price I'm sure would put a lot of people off buying it but at the same time, a lot (including myself) wouldn't hesitate depending on how the set actually looks.  But I'm really struggling with the piece count...something has to knock the UCS MF off at some point as far as the most pieces in a set though.  But will it be this (if it's even true haha).

Come to think of it , Colosseum was on the box art for the Fiat 500, and the painting in that set.

Edited by TeriXeri

I wouldn't be that surprised if the Colosseum claimed the title of largest set / set with most pieces. The Taj Mahal reigned supreme until 2017 when the 2nd UCS MF came out. It would make sense for the Colosseum to be colossal.

After all the surprises we've had this year - the rebranding of Creator Expert, the Nintendo partnership, the art theme and the whole concept of marketing sets directly to adults - a new largest-of-all-time set would be the cherry on top of the cake.

Let's just hope this rumor is 100% real, piece count and all. After the debunked UCS Imperial Shuttle rumor, one tends to be more skeptical of rumors that are just starting to spread.

Good to see the topic I started but thought was dead returning!  

The colosseum sounds amazing, and a would be awesome alongside the others.  I can easily see the MF being knocked off the top spot as a possibility - and would be glad of it. In my opinion, licensed themes isn’t what Lego is about, and a licensed set holding top spot is insanely annoying to me.  Looking forward to a building reclaiming the throne!

Also, does anyone else think Old Trafford was a rubbish choice?

One person on instagram claiming it's 700€ with 9035 pieces. Other posts just saying 4000+ pieces (which I imagine would be substantially cheaper). I'm hoping for the former's piece count, but also the latter's price.

Still want to tread with caution. Don't wanna take for granted the veracity of these rumors.

4 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Also, does anyone else think Old Trafford was a rubbish choice?

2/3rds of Manchester agrees with you! However, large portions of Asia probably do not agree.

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

This will definitely be a must buy. I’m curious if it will be the Colosseum how it appears today or the Colosseum during ancient Rome 

I'm hoping for the present version. I prefer the ruined look instead of the clean-cut aesthetic. There's more potential for build diversity and detail among the rubble.

-------

9035 pieces? I hope so. The big dilemma for the second half of 2020: Diagon Alley, Mos Eisley or the Colosseum...?