Sign in to follow this  
Grover

[Book 3] Challenge IIC: The Dead Drop

A mysterious stranger nonchalantly sets down a sack laden with unknown contents. 

46031294165_fc3cf9ed09_z.jpg
46031294135_dbdb6d4134_z.jpg

After a few minutes, he walks away, leaving the sack behind. 

39980770383_403ec6f1a0_z.jpg

Within moments, another figure appears and, after looking about to see if he is being watched, picks up the sack and moves quickly away. 

39980770353_902c49d0c9_z.jpg

46031294085_a5f65c5706_z.jpg

What exchange has just taken place?  Historican politics are notoriously secretive…

Thanks!  This was kind of a quick throw-together for me, and I wanted to leave the story open to do anything with it that I wanted later, so this is what I came up with!  The photography is a little dark, but it was how I imagined it, since these guys didn't want to be seen... we shall see what they were up to in the future!

Nice little scene.  I like the way you are using lighting in the latest builds.  Good idea, kinda wish the build was a little bigger.  Will there be more to this story.  

Simple, short and intriguing enough. I guess I'd rather wanna know where exactly this is taking place, but I do appreciate the idea of keeping it short. Nice lighting once more, very appropriate. Looks like you got quite involved with lamps for this challenge! :thumbup:

Good use of lighting, and you did job of conveying your story effectively.  Nice work.

On 2/1/2019 at 8:10 PM, zoth33 said:

Nice little scene.  I like the way you are using lighting in the latest builds.  Good idea, kinda wish the build was a little bigger.  Will there be more to this story.  

Thanks!  I have been wanting to play with lighting for a while and this seemed like a good opportunity.  The size of this was restricted by my other two builds; I kind of ran out of time to make anything larger.  I was hoping to leave this open ended enough that I can add to the story later.

On 2/2/2019 at 4:22 AM, de Gothia said:

Lovely lightning that sets the mood for the story! Well done!

Thank you!

On 2/2/2019 at 2:47 PM, Basiliscus said:

A lovely little scene! Really liking the dark lighting and simple story.

Great job!

Thanks!  Hopefully I'll continue this little mystery.

On 2/4/2019 at 11:39 AM, en_zoo said:

Simple, short and intriguing enough. I guess I'd rather wanna know where exactly this is taking place, but I do appreciate the idea of keeping it short. Nice lighting once more, very appropriate. Looks like you got quite involved with lamps for this challenge! :thumbup:

It's technically in front of a food vending stand somewhere at the concert, but you can't really see the background that well.  I meant it to be in a crowded area, but kind of ran out of time.  I've been having fun with the lighting.  I think learning the camera helped, too!

On 2/12/2019 at 4:17 PM, Rogue Angel said:

Good use of lighting, and you did job of conveying your story effectively.  Nice work.

Thank you!

Good fig combos and night lighting :thumbup:
It would have been nice to see a couple brighter pictures to get a better look at the build though :classic:

I don't know if I like such an open-ended plot here, as it is so indefinite that I don't know what to expect. The build and scene looks appropriate, though. Is this happening at the concert, since it looks like a market stall in the background?

On 2/27/2019 at 6:32 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Good fig combos and night lighting :thumbup:
It would have been nice to see a couple brighter pictures to get a better look at the build though :classic:

Thanks!  Yeah, it turned out dark.  It's hard to portray nighttime without making things to dark, I think.

On 2/27/2019 at 12:10 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

I don't know if I like such an open-ended plot here, as it is so indefinite that I don't know what to expect. The build and scene looks appropriate, though. Is this happening at the concert, since it looks like a market stall in the background?

I wanted to do more with this build, but ran out of time, so I didn't write more of the story, just leaving it open-ended for fleshing out in the future.  And yes, it was supposed to be happening at or after the concert near the concession stand, but I didn't have time to build something larger.  Thanks for the comments!