Hello all, like many, I'm sure, I got my start in Lego as a child in the late 80s, lost all interest once I got older and recently rediscovered it. It's a strange story, my wife and I started collecting CMF with series 16 because I saw the Wildlife Photographer with a camera and a penguin and I had to have that! We aren't serious collectors, we just collect the ones we like. 

She's always liked Harry Potter so in 2015 I dove into BrickLink to get the parts to make some of her favorite characters as a holiday present and it went over well.

We're American, but she works for a Govt agency and so we've been overseas in Japan since August 2017. Lego is scarce and expensive here. We were relocated recently (from Tokyo to Kyushu) and when you're homeless and stuck on base, it can get boring, and we had some great friends buy us the Whomping Willow set to do while stuck in the hotel bored. That turned into the entire new wizarding collection and as luck has it, I had to have a surgery in December that makes my usual hobbies (hiking, birding, woodworking) very difficult to do for a few months and so, well, here we are.

I grabbed my Lego from when I was a kid from my parents' house before we moved here and I had maybe a couple hundred pieces. Over a third were knock-off and the only "sets" I had were the 1994 sets paired with Kellogg's promotion (Stunt Club - 1560 through 1563), everything else were just bricks. Lego is expensive and I'm happy to have had what I had - I didn't even know I had Tyco and Coco bricks until I tried putting my inventory in rebrickable. As a child, I didn't even really know why Lego sets existed, it was always MOCs for me - a car, a plane, whatever.

Anyway, hello all.

Welcome to Eurobricks, Raystafarian.

I hope you continue your rediscovered interest in Lego and join us all here again and again.