indexed.gif

A sea monster just wants to play with the sailors and their ship :pir-cry_sad:

bemyfriends.jpg

:pir-tongue:

Aww... How dare that sailor stab it with a flaming spear! :angry:

:skull:

Edited by Shoc

Awwww... priceless! :pir-skull:

Kind of reminds me of my Black Fantasy creature, with all those inside tires! Good job! :pir-classic:

Nyaaaw! That monster's so cute! :laugh: I love how you've done the mast with all those barrels. :thumbup:

~Peace

Best MOC I've seen all day! It's hysterical. :pir-laugh:

Great use of the crowns for the mosters eyes, they're my favorite detail. :thumbup:

-Tarfful

Aww... How dare that sailor stab it with a flaming spear! :angry:

:pir-skull:

I think it is supposed to be Blood gushing. :pir-grin:

Very good, like the Way you done the Hull, How can the Pirates protect themselves with no cannon ports? :pir-laugh:

That looks great SlyOwl, the inside-out tires are really effective, this seems to be a technique that is really taking off! :pir-sweet:

The eyes are so cute, they really make it seem like just a lonely sea monster, rather than a destruction-wrecking berserk! :pir-grin:

Nice job, really well done. :thumbup:

On the subject of lonely sea monsters:

The Tale of Two Prawns .

Far away in the tropical waters of the Caribbean, two prawns were swimming around in the sea, One called Justin and the other called Christian. The prawns were constantly being harassed and threatened by sharks that inhabited the area.

Finally one day Justin said to Christian, "I'm fed up with being a prawn; I wish I was a shark, and then I wouldn't have any worries about being eaten." A large mysterious cod appeared and said, "Your wish is granted". Lo and behold, Justin turned into a shark. Horrified, Christian immediately swam away, afraid of being eaten by his old mate.

Time passed (as it does) and Justin found life as a shark boring and lonely. All his old mates simply swam away whenever he came close to them. Justin didn't realize that his new menacing appearance was the cause of his sad plight.

While swimming alone one day he saw the mysterious cod again and he thought perhaps the mysterious fish could change him back into a prawn. He approached the cod and begged to be changed back, and, lo and behold, he found himself turned back into a prawn.

With tears of joy in his tiny little eyes Justin swam back to his friends and bought them all a cocktail. Looking around the gathering at the reef he realized he couldn't see his old pal. "Where's Christian?" he asked. "He's at home, still distraught that his best friend changed sides to the enemy & became a shark", came the reply.

Eager to put things right again and end the mutual pain and torture, he set off to Christian's abode. As he opened the coral gate, memories came flooding back. He banged on the door and shouted, "It's me, Justin, your old friend, come out and see me again." Christian replied, "No way man, you'll eat me. You're now a shark, the enemy, and I'll not be tricked into being your dinner." Justin cried back "No, I'm not. That was the old me. I've changed.".........

"I've found Cod. I'm a Prawn again, Christian".

I never saw a that impressive use of crowns before, very creative indeed and an overall very good diorama! :thumbup:

Has anyone else noticed that one of the pirates have bubbles (studs) by his behind? Is he farting? :pir-classic:

By the way excelent work! :thumbup:

Edited by mammymarf

Awww. she's such a pretty one. :pir-wub: All she wants is some love... :pir_bawling: Mean sailors. Love it! :pir-sweet:

Um, this is awesome! :pir-sweet::thumbup:

I love how the monster looks sad. His eyes are made of gold though, so he should look on the bright side. And those goofy Pirates shouldn't make their mast out of barrels and parrots if they don't want it to snap so easily... :pir-sceptic:

Very good. It has long been an admired skill to MOC a sea monster in an original way, so we all admire you and your efforts!

Regards, Captain Zuloo :pir-laugh:

Has anyone else noticed that one of the pirates have bubbles (studs) by his behind? Is he farting? :pir-classic:

I thought those were bubbles from him splashing into the water, or just there to show the movement of the water as he swims away. Though I could be wrong. Take a whiff and find out! :tongue:

~Peace

I would think it was hostile.
Very good. It has long been an admired skill to MOC a sea monster in an original way, so we all admire you and your efforts!

Well, it actually started off as a fully blown evil sea monster epic designed to show off the hull technique, but then when I was experimenting with the eyes, I rediscovered the crown+tyre technique that I was going to use in my steampunk impulse MOCs but never got round to, and when I held these over the neck, the inside of the tyre looked like a smile, so I took it from there :pir-wink:

Very good, like the Way you done the Hull, How can the Pirates protect themselves with no cannon ports? :pir-laugh:

Who says they're Pirates? I deliberately said sailors and missed out any firearms to compensate for this :pir-wink:

Yes, I developed this from "Look! Bubbles!" on the Brother's Brick when they blogged my Pirate vs Islander. Sounded like farting to me, so I just stuck it in :pir-laugh:

Mean sailors.

Look who's talking :pir-grin:

And those goofy Pirates shouldn't make their mast out of barrels and parrots if they don't want it to snap so easily... :pir-sceptic:

Have you got a problem with that? :pir-tongue: Now, to get a Hagrid face off BL...

And to Phred: Ha! Only 3 studs this time! :pir-laugh:

Wow, this is a really brilliant MOC! Why does no one like the monster? I think it looks quite cute! Just a bit too big to take it home with you. :wink:

And to Phred: Ha! Only 3 studs this time! :pir-laugh:

LOL! :pir-laugh:

I like the parrot for the broken mast look! :thumbup:

Your monster is on its own page in the Vig portion of Index of Land-Based MOCs to keep it from breaking anybody elses MOCs. :pir-tongue:

I like the originality of this MOC and I think we should frontpage it on Classic-Pirates.com in the near future :thumbup: