Sign in to follow this  
de Gothia

CHALLENGE II: Category B: Samhradh in Benoic

When spring meets summer festivals are held all over Avalonia. They are called Samhradh and celebrated to life, the light and love. Maypoles are seen in every village and in Benoic there is no execption. 

46217187144_407c67c0aa.jpg

46889511112_b49f4506ab.jpg

46889506882_71417d2ecb.jpg

46889506262_dc3a54bb07.jpg

C&C as always welcome!

Edited by de Gothia

Very nice outdoors festival.  I like the wreaths hanging from the green cross.  The vegetation and path are nice (I especially like the army men base in the path for an irregular green bit)  The musicians and food  on display are great and the whole scene has a strong village celebration vibe.  The flags and stands with bunting and shades also are done really well.

I'd like to see more close ups in the post to see more detail.  The overall shot looks great but some bits, like the goats I would like  to  see more of.

Thanks muakhah! 

Some more pics would indeed be great, but as always time was against me!:look:

Very nice!  I love your builds.  The Avalonia you portray is very lush and vibrant, and you seem to do it without having an insane amount of weird vegetation pieces somehow.  It looks great.  I think one of the things that really stands out is how you manage to get subtle elevation changes that help give the piece some life.  The irregular shaped positioning of the poles and people (i.e., not right angles for everything) helps distract from the studs and the grid they are naturally laid out on.  The flowers, plants, and other flora look very natural as well.  Very nice job!

Great job on the hanging wreaths, a fairly simple way to achieve them but also pretty brilliant!  The whole scene looks nice and festive. :thumbup: 

It looks like a lively scene - a great variety of minifigs and activities.

Great work on the maypole, those new leaf pieces are incredibly useful.

I agree that more close up shots would be really helpful to see the details.

Lovely festivities, I really like the variety of figures you've put in there :thumbup:
Great Midsummer feeling you’ve managed to capture, seems like an occasion when people have laid down their daily toils just to enjoy themselves for a while? I assume that these kind of occasions is what's keeping the Avalonian population growth going? :wink:

Very nice, dG. I think you really captured the atmosphere of a spring festival! I love all the activity, a lot of details but not too many, colours are nice and relaxing :thumbup::thumbup:

Great festival scene. I do especially like the Pole, it is really well build and gives a lot of atmosphere to the scene. Minifigs variety and posing are good. I also like the angled elements in the build. Very nice.

Edited by Bracari

Thanks for the comments! Have to think about some closeups as I do put some effort in to making some facial expressions and putting the figs into intresting positions. 

Gideon; as we have in Sweden, many kids are born nine months after some holidays!:laugh:

Excellent work on this one DG!  Great execution on the maypole, your spacing around your build works well with the goats, the cart, the feast - it looks full but not overcrowded.  I like the tent, the stringline and your strategic use of greenery.  Great job!

Everyone looks to be having a good time at this summer festival! Beautiful use of color with the various greens and pops of brighter colors from the tents and figs :thumbup:

I like that large barrel stand using inverted arches, and will have to remember it for my own builds. Quite a herd of goats too :wub:

Thanks guys! glad you liked it!

3 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Everyone looks to be having a good time at this summer festival! Beautiful use of color with the various greens and pops of brighter colors from the tents and figs :thumbup:

I like that large barrel stand using inverted arches, and will have to remember it for my own builds. Quite a herd of goats too :wub:

Glad to hear SK! I´ve borrowed so much interior designs from you and your brother so that wReally glad that you let us see how you do and share your designs and ideas!

Lovely Avalonian countryside scene! I like all the details of the celebrations, especially all of the food on the tables and the Maypole. The pastoral nature of the scene is quite peaceful. Nicely done!