Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[MCTC: Salida Este] Boardinghouse

Some of the natives of Ferro Azure have developed a very entrepreneurial spirit, in keeping with their Eslandolan friends. Here in the New Town sector of Salida Este is a boardinghouse owned and operated by a native family.

angle_high.jpg

Hasan is the family patriarch. He spends much of his day sitting on his bench, greeting passersby and providing a low-key pitch for his boardinghouse.

couple.jpg

His daughter Natalena makes sure everything is in order in the boardinghouse, including cleaning of common areas and cooking meals. Here she has taken a break from her chores to say hello to a passing town guardsman. We also see one of the boarders heading out for the day.

front.jpg

Hasan’s son, Budi, is helping his sister with the garden, and is picking vegetables for dinner. Hasan hopes his son will find a paying job with the Eslandolans to provide more income for the family.

gardenside.jpg

Here’s another look at the boardinghouse.

angle_low.jpg

To be licensed as a medium artisan. All C&C welcome.

That is a lovely use of the green with white trim. 

Is that a home-made sign?

The whole build compliments itself well simple architecture but an astounding effect with the green and white! 

17 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

That is a lovely use of the green with white trim. 

Is that a home-made sign?

Thanks. And yes, it is.

16 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

The whole build compliments itself well simple architecture but an astounding effect with the green and white! 

Thanks. I was limited by the brick choices in the medium green color and decided to see what I could do with it.

15 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Yo ! What a lovely color !!

All those white moldings makes me thought about stucco trim.

Pretty one !

Thanks. It is a great shade of green! @Elostirion and @Kai NRG had been using some cool colors in their Salida Este builds, so I wanted to try something similar. (And thanks to them for their feedback during the build process!)

2 hours ago, Fraunces said:

pretty building. Very amiable ambiance.

Thanks. I think the balcony and the garden were the keys to getting that feel.

A really nice color combination, very much in keeping with the Salida Este spirit!  I really like your sign too, and the other details like the bench, monkey, and raised rows in the garden!