Kozikyo86

[MOC] A/SF-01 B-Wing Starfighter

Hi!

I want to show you my new project of B-Wing Starfighter!

I just finish design in LDD, maybe on 99%, I still working with details. There are +/- 1450 parts, I use only popular and easily availalbe on Bricklink, which influenced a few design decisions. Main engine was inspired on Inthert design, but I change many parts, colors and I've improved a few connections. Orange signs would be changed, I add this only for renders :)

Soon I'll make more renders, and start checking my parts to build real, final model! 

A/SF-01 B-Wing Starfighter MOC - soon on my YouTubeA/SF-01 B-Wing Starfighter MOC - soon on my YouTubeA/SF-01 B-Wing Starfighter MOC - soon on my YouTube

Nice and sleek. Glad to see you're building it with real bricks too! I don't think I'd fancy flying a b-wing in real life though. I'd say it would be easy to get airsick with all that gyroscoping around...

So far looking very good. My favorite style - sleek and smooth. I don't mind studs - they are the essence of Lego but hiding them where possible is a good direction. Of course not by all means and of course having in mind, that there are places where they are just the best way of detailing. Can't wait to see the finished model.
PS. What is this blaster doing in pilots hand? Isn't he supposed to be piloting the bloody ship? :D

Edited by barneius

6 hours ago, Retro said:

Nice and sleek. Glad to see you're building it with real bricks too! I don't think I'd fancy flying a b-wing in real life though. I'd say it would be easy to get airsick with all that gyroscoping around...

Thanks! I'm glad you like it! Of course I want build my every project in real, but I always start building in LDD - easier way to makeing a instruction and buy parts. Yes, in the real world, the B-wing would be difficult to fly :laugh:

3 hours ago, barneius said:

So far looking very good. My favorite style - sleek and smooth. I don't mind studs - they are the essence of Lego but hiding them where possible is a good direction. Of course not by all means and of course having in mind, that there are places where they are just the best way of detailing. Can't wait to see the finished model.
PS. What is this blaster doing in pilots hand? Isn't he supposed to be piloting the bloody ship? :D

Thanks! You're right, the pilot forgot to leave his blaster :laugh: for now he's learning to fly on the simulator :wink:

Nice MOC! Good detailing and sleek shape. It does feel a bit too "thin", but overall it looks great!

I decided to make the instruction in PDF,  this is my first self-adventure adventure with BluePrint, then editing in Photoshop and completing PDF in InDesign. Now, I have over 220 steps and 90 pages, so few day and it will be done! Probably I'll add this project on Rebrickable. All updates and informations on my YouTube movie - check description. 

Quick sample:

Sample of instructuon what I'm making to my B-Wing :)

2 hours ago, AfolFree said:

Very nice !

Do the instructions and inventory include the stand ?

No, I don't make the stand yet, I add free LDD file with list of parts after building, maybe this week I'll make this :classic:

Is the stand LDD/instructions available somewhere? I already bought the pieces for Intherts B-Wing (before this was made) but realized today that I need a stand for it. I don't have enough room for the vertical stand so yours (saw it on Flickr) should probably fit that one just as well. :) Thanks!

nice build

back to 1993 when I was playing the game X-Wing on my computer, the B-Wing was one of my favorite ship... until i saw the Resistance Bomber 

I have built your Kylo Ren Command Shuttle (for which i failed to install the stick for the wings) and I love it. As usual, nice work !

5 hours ago, danielwerner said:

Is the stand LDD/instructions available somewhere? I already bought the pieces for Intherts B-Wing (before this was made) but realized today that I need a stand for it. I don't have enough room for the vertical stand so yours (saw it on Flickr) should probably fit that one just as well. :) Thanks!

sorry, I don't have a display stand for this project. I don't have a B-Wing built so it's hard for me to design something :(

3 hours ago, macaron35 said:

nice build

back to 1993 when I was playing the game X-Wing on my computer, the B-Wing was one of my favorite ship... until i saw the Resistance Bomber 

I have built your Kylo Ren Command Shuttle (for which i failed to install the stick for the wings) and I love it. As usual, nice work !

Thanks! Check my other projects, I have many new :)

10 minutes ago, Kozikyo86 said:

sorry, I don't have a display stand for this project. I don't have a B-Wing built so it's hard for me to design something :(

Oh, but there seems to be a display stand in the pictures. Did you design one before? Perhaps there are more pictures of it so I can reverse-engineer it or something? :) Thanks!

Thinking of this one:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7870/46531320314_c9866b919a_b.jpg

Edited by danielwerner

29 minutes ago, danielwerner said:

Oh, but there seems to be a display stand in the pictures. Did you design one before? Perhaps there are more pictures of it so I can reverse-engineer it or something? :) Thanks!

Thinking of this one:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7870/46531320314_c9866b919a_b.jpg

it was a makeshift, he was barely holding on ;) The best option is something similar to the B-Wing from Brick Vault