Bob De Quatre

[MOC] Customized Resistance B-Wing

Aala Krien was a skillful B-Wing pilot during the rebellion against the galactic empire. When she joined the resistance, her renown allowed her to be given the head of a T-70 X-wing squadron, acoomplishing hit and run missions. While the X-wing was quite efficient, she soon missed the firepower of her old B-wing and the control provided by its ion cannons. She asked the resistance engineers to remodel a B-wing into a starfighter capable of fullfilling her missions. They made her custom B-wing lighter, faster with upgraded engines and thrusters, and easier to control with the ability to embark an astromech droid.

Hope you'll like this MOC as mush as I liked building it. It's been a while since I wanted to do some kind of an evolution to the B-Wing, so I thought what could a B-Wing be like during the Resistance era? How would they have upgraded it? How would they they have dealt with its obvious flaws?...

39965928133_a0358fe381_c.jpgCustomized Resistance B-Wing by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr
39965943853_f53d8eddbb_c.jpgCustomized Resistance B-Wing by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr
46878321152_c4352f3ddd_c.jpgCustomized Resistance B-Wing by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr
46930488931_189d86ec27_c.jpgCustomized Resistance B-Wing by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

Holy cow Bob, I love it. Angles look great, the intakes and engines are fantastic.  Great job man, really well done!  Looks like a beefily updated B-Wing. :)

Spectacular!  Everything is updated and enhanced just beautifully.  The split engine configuration is sweet, and the greebling on the main wing is excellent.  Fantastic all-around!  :sweet:

This is fantastic! Looks like a more modern and beefier version of the old B-Wing. 

I really like the exposed details on the leading edge of the bottom wing, especially the golden piping. Overall a very clean look and your choice of parts for the two smaller lateral wings makes them look like genuine aerofoils which is no small feat in Lego. :)

The only thing that's bugging me a bit is the cockpit's positioning, which gives the whole craft the appearance of a hunched back.