Fraunces

[SR - FB] Alfie's Place - The Sereen Cay

On the main island of the Rock very close to the first island known as The Sereen Cay, a small settlement emerged due to the minor island being full. 

The first building of note was for sure Alfie's Place, where Alfie Fraunces owned an office to keep track of the family business. The Rock, having a very nice climate and lying between some trade routes, was an excellent spot to set up shop. The monks of the minor island where one of the first suppliers, as they had trouble selling their monastery-made beer to pirates and other scum passing through the cay.

Alfie's Place

Many men came testing the triple-lager in the tavern under Alfie's quarters. 

Alfie's Place inside
Spoiler

One more photo:

Alfie's Place

OOC: I needed a headquarters for my characters, but I also really wanted to make my own version of the tavern I saw in the moc Puerto Brico  from @BaronSat

Hope you guys like it.

17 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

I like it! It looks very Caribbean. I think the colors go very nice together as well.

Thanks, exactly what I was trying to get. 

16 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Really nice one !

Thoses shutters are well done !!

I am very surprised with the pier design... I never thought of that technic, but IT WORKS !! :thumbup: I like it !

Thanks a lot, for the pier my brown pieces were almost up, so I had to use whatever I had still left. I just really wanted a small dock to finish it off. :pir-grin: Need some more bricklink orders immediately :pir-devil:

Nice! interesting technique with the baseplate to techincally support the second floor. 
But the shutters are really on point. 

18 hours ago, Bart said:

Nice! interesting technique with the baseplate to techincally support the second floor. 
But the shutters are really on point. 

Thanks Bart. 

I really like the feel to this...  Has that classic 89 pirates feel the shutters look good...  I may borrow that sometime ... Are they functional or static?    There's a couple funny scenes built into this as well good job! 

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. I really like this MOC. Fantastic shutters, and good job with the awnings and roofline details. Nice level of minifig activity, and an interior! :thumbup:

On 2/1/2019 at 10:42 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

I really like the feel to this...  Has that classic 89 pirates feel the shutters look good...  I may borrow that sometime ... Are they functional or static?    There's a couple funny scenes built into this as well good job! 

Thanks!! I really love the 89 pirates and always try to get a little bit of the feeling those old sets had.. The new Pirates line was good as well, but that happened in my dark age. The shutters are static.

On 2/1/2019 at 10:56 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. I really like this MOC. Fantastic shutters, and good job with the awnings and roofline details. Nice level of minifig activity, and an interior! :thumbup:

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Fraunces said:

Thanks!! I really love the 89 pirates and always try to get a little bit of the feeling those old sets had.. The new Pirates line was good as well, but that happened in my dark age. The shutters are static

Haha I know the feeling exactly lol.   I never seen any pirates beyond the mid 90s lol