CommanderJonny1

[MOC] Imperial Cargo Speeder

The catalyst behind me making this was simple- I had a pair of Imperial Hovertanks that I wanted to use in a more combat-oriented context. Therefore, I needed to make something that was a low level hauler (i.e. something like a flatbed truck, at most a few studs off the ground) capable of holding two of Lego's Kyber crystal containers. I remembered from some older books that in the EU, they had 'floats'- basically small speeders capable of even going inside buildings. This inspired me to make a small cab attached to a low flat bed, going back to the 'truck' mentioned above.

While the bed is exposed except for the side railings and the rear ramp, I wanted the bed to have at least nominal protection, hence putting heavy doors when doors aren't particularly needed. I also forwent a wide open windscreen for a smaller enclosed one for similar reasons. The idea behind this is that A) the pilot/driver would be protected from rocks and debris, and perhaps even shrapnel (protection from small arms is up in the air); and B) the cab area can be separated from the rest of the speeder (specifically the bed) and be used on other vehicles.

45827653065_b43f844df0.jpgSW Imperial Cargo Speeder #1 by Jonathan Wallace, on Flickr

45827655765_980cbaa922.jpgSW Imperial Cargo Speeder #3 by Jonathan Wallace, on Flickr

45827657235_23b6c8ffa2.jpgSW Imperial Cargo Speeder #5 by Jonathan Wallace, on Flickr

31801645027_40eb7e4d7f.jpgSW Imperial Cargo Speeder #2 by Jonathan Wallace, on Flickr

45827656485_a1d6da5b56.jpgSW Imperial Cargo Speeder #4 by Jonathan Wallace, on Flickr

Another function is as a small squad transport (Filing Out at Bay 10). Other uses could be placing a crane or some kind of weapon in the back. I'm not sure if a communications center would be a good fit or not. Also, with other things besides cargo or troops in the back, the rear ramp can be removed. I'm sure the bed can also be extended without it be overly long as well.

46197775114_05c38d88e2.jpgSW Imperial Cargo Speeder #6 by Jonathan Wallace, on Flickr

A rough picture of the ICS being ambushed by the Scorpius MRV (coming soon).

46197776084_f163b73d1d.jpgSW Rebel Scorpius MRV (Multi-Role Vehicle) #3(R) by Jonathan Wallace, on Flickr

Any feedback/comments would be appreciated.