20 hours ago, Blakbird said:

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

Over at TLG headquarters they are bringing out the booze and party poppers.  They r gonna party like its the 80s. Their mission is achieved....

20 hours ago, arijitdas said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before already - do we know if the cooling fans will be powered or are they just static decorative elements?

In the YouTube video Markus points at them briefly. My impression was they looked printed (they also didn't move or wiggle), so my take is: decorative only.

Or just the start of a new generaties of controlled gearboxes. New motors can be used as a servo motor.

On 6/26/2019 at 12:55 PM, Dylan M said:

With new control hub , its the End of gearbox ( 1motor = multiple functions) ?

No.  Lego is working on a "dumb" battery box for use with the be motors. The reason why is to lower the price point so you can have range at a power functions price point.  The cost of the controller and 4 motors is high thus lower units sold. So to be cover costs of development you need to sell more.  

@Tomas TECHNIC Save for the multicolour treads, it's quite nice. I really like how the brick-built shoulder LAs operate. Your MOC is a testament to just how enormous the actual set is gonna be *oh2*

@Tomas TECHNIC first of all welcome to eurobricks forum, your Moc looks very nice, perhaps you should start your own topic.

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

@Tomas TECHNIC, nice job! Quite a beast. :thumbup:

Thank you

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

@Tomas TECHNIC first of all welcome to eurobricks forum, your Moc looks very nice, perhaps you should start your own topic.

Thank you and sorry for my mistake. It won't happen again.

42 minutes ago, Tomas TECHNIC said:

It's ok. Despite I'm not admin I'm trying to give suggestions to make new users easier to participate in forum 

Kind regards

47 minutes ago, Tomas TECHNIC said:

Thank you

No problem! But please start that topic. Looks interesting!

I like where they going with these sets that are clearly targeted towards AFOLs. I'll probably pass on this one though. Even aside from the sky high price, I prefer sets with interesting gearing and mechanics like 8043 as opposed to just having everything run off its own motor, which is what they seem to be doing here. The Control+ system looks really nice though, as do the long linear actuators.

Just now, CSX9992 said:

Will the control app come out the same day as liebherr?

The control app will probably come out around the same time as 42099, which is being released earlier (August).

4 hours ago, CSX9992 said:

Will the control app come out the same day as liebherr?

it should be at least come out when 42099 is release, but maybe the Liebherr part will be added later, since each set has its own interface inside the app.

On 6/15/2019 at 4:48 PM, Magical Duck said:

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already, but are those new red wire clips? Very handy.

Very handy indeed, but only if you plan their use in advance... I've tried to use them on the Porsche to hold a wire from front to rear under the chassis, but it's quite a bad fit: in that usecase, the axle connector would need to be parallel instead of perpendicular.

I can't wait for this beast of a lego set to come out. It's gonna be expensive but I love large scale construction equipment. Real life and in scale model form it's all awesome to me. It'll be interesting to see mods and alternate builds built from this set. Looks like a bunch of useful parts if someone decided to build a c model. I'm not worried about any flaws regarding the powered elements. My plan is to build it as a display piece.

9 minutes ago, CSX9992 said:

I am curious will liebherr have the standard battery pack or a usb charging option

This set has 2 control+ units with batteries.
This is old news.