Hello, senior members:

Indian resident here.
I need some guidance on buying the Liebherr.

For me, buying in India is not an option.
I have a short trip to Germany coming up in Dec (first half) and I can ask a local friend there to buy the Liebherr before that time.
However, current Amazon.de prices are around Euro430. I think that's expensive. 
Can you folks guide me on what should I do? Should I wait until end Nov to buy it OR will prices increase as Christmas comes closer?

I apologise in advance, if this is the wrong sub-topic to post but I am only looking at buying this specific Lego.

Thank you friends.

In my app, the boom lifting function is in the wrong direction. When I slide up, the boom lowers, and when I slide down, the boom rises. Does anyone else have this problem?

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

When I slide up, the boom lowers, and when I slide down, the boom rises

This is absolutely correct and follows the standard excavator controls.

2 minutes ago, efferman said:

This is absolutely correct and follows the standard excavator controls.

It feels counterintuitive though...

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

When I slide up, the boom lowers,

You should look at it in a different way

Up is away from you and that's what really happens

I was worried also because when I did the second phase test (rotating the bottom XL LAs), the LAs rotated in the opposite direction as that shown in the app. There was no room for mistakes in drivetrain, so I thought either the motor or the app had problems. Turns out everything works as they are intended to.

Now that I've finished the build, I can say that the whole building experience feels underwhelmed. The building experiences for the other two monster sets (42055 & 42082) feel very different.

- 42100 feels big, but it doesnt feel grand. The model feels like it's big for the sake of being big, not big because it's necessary. It's like a 8043 trying to be 42055. The sheer number of decorative and fluff details feel tedious. I totally support the inclusion of decorative details as they make the model more realistic, but those in 42100 are too much. I had to spend a fifth and more (the whole bag 5 and some parts in bag 2) for them, and many of them are repetitive.

- 42055 only has an eighth of the whole build (bag 8) for decorative piece, and it's big because it needs to be big. Most elements in 42055 are structural and hence feel necessary. I can kinda understand why a certain piece is there.

- 42082 also feels justified for its scale. The decorative details are moderate. The fluff piece contains a clever locking mechanism. So all in all it's a very well rounded model.

On 11/30/2019 at 9:15 PM, Gideon132 said:

is my  samsung a40 compatibel with 42100 and with the lego smart hub?

Why would it not be?

Just thought i'd add an issue i had with Control+ here in case it helps someone else... 

I'd initially put batteries in a hub and plugged the motors in, before i'd started the build, just because i'm impatient and like to fiddle. When it came to the first testing step nothing would connect. My bluetooth device list could see the hub, the light turned blue, but the app kept looping through 'click the green button'.. no connection, repeat. Very frustrating.. I'm used to problem solving tech issues as i work in i.t. - not so say i'm better with control+, but you'd expect me to be reasonably equipped to resolve it!!

The problem was because i'd broken the process it was expecting to follow and seemingly it couldn't sort itself out. Uninstalling the app and restarting it took me through the correct firmware update, then connection, then testing with no issues at all. In short it was my meddling that disrupted the roadmap of events it was expecting.

What i would say, is that first of all the app seemingly has no ability to recover from this scenario.. and its 230MB (Yikes! thats a bit phone app...) ..and secondly, i resolved it through trial and error. The documentation on problem solving is very, very weak. I could see this being a major headache for some buyers of this set.. and although i'm generally positive about control+ and this set, for the amount of money the documentation should be stronger, and the app should be able to recover - or at least tell you what the issue is. There is no on-screen information at all as to why it didn't connect. I've seen reviews where people are fuming about this, and to be fair, i understand their frustration. If you've spend £400 on a set for your kid and it doesn't work, with no documentation or on screen guide/recovery, i think you're aloud to be upset.

(and the lego website was saying 5-7 days to get a response... Mmmmm, maybe the documentation isn't good enough, too many support calls?!)

Anyway, maybe this will help someone else.

1 hour ago, TeamThrifty said:

Just thought i'd add an issue i had with Control+ here in case it helps someone else... 

I'd initially put batteries in a hub and plugged the motors in, before i'd started the build, just because i'm impatient and like to fiddle. When it came to the first testing step nothing would connect. My bluetooth device list could see the hub, the light turned blue, but the app kept looping through 'click the green button'.. no connection, repeat. Very frustrating.. I'm used to problem solving tech issues as i work in i.t. - not so say i'm better with control+, but you'd expect me to be reasonably equipped to resolve it!!

The problem was because i'd broken the process it was expecting to follow and seemingly it couldn't sort itself out. Uninstalling the app and restarting it took me through the correct firmware update, then connection, then testing with no issues at all. In short it was my meddling that disrupted the roadmap of events it was expecting.

What i would say, is that first of all the app seemingly has no ability to recover from this scenario.. and its 230MB (Yikes! thats a bit phone app...) ..and secondly, i resolved it through trial and error. The documentation on problem solving is very, very weak. I could see this being a major headache for some buyers of this set.. and although i'm generally positive about control+ and this set, for the amount of money the documentation should be stronger, and the app should be able to recover - or at least tell you what the issue is. There is no on-screen information at all as to why it didn't connect. I've seen reviews where people are fuming about this, and to be fair, i understand their frustration. If you've spend £400 on a set for your kid and it doesn't work, with no documentation or on screen guide/recovery, i think you're aloud to be upset.

(and the lego website was saying 5-7 days to get a response... Mmmmm, maybe the documentation isn't good enough, too many support calls?!)

Anyway, maybe this will help someone else.

Here you describe the one of the issues why I'm generally not very fond of any sort of physical items (toys or IoT-devices or whatever) that are supposed to be controlled with smartphones or tablets. All sorts of problems are bound to arise, and while that's to be expected as nothing works perfectly every time, very often the troubleshooting guides and other documentation are almost nonexistent. There are other problems (like hardware requirements) but half-assed software with no proper QA seems to be very common and I expect better from TLG.

I have been trying for 4 days to connect to the second hub.  The hub blinks white and my iPad doesn't show it as a Bluetooth device.  I was able to connect with the first hub and downloaded new firmware.  I am NOT a fan of the new control technology.  I tried displaying the 4x4 at a show.  I was able to connect during setup but after people started coming in I was no longer able to connect.  I have heard similar stories from train people and train shows.  The LEGO Bluetooth LE implementation is weak and should be redesigned.

On 12/28/2019 at 5:56 PM, howitzer said:

no proper QA

I agree with this. I was able to problem solve the issue.. and in fairness i caused it, but, many people will have done the same. What i would expect is for the app to recover gracefully from this. Or at the very least, identify the problem and guide the user.

Neither of these, plus very poor documentation could cause a lot of frustration..

That said, i love the working model and i'm a fan of the new technology - once its fully resolved! - at the moment it feels like a Release Candidate. I might be being a little harsh, but you get the idea. But generally, this will be a better option going forward.. 

On 12/31/2019 at 9:42 AM, Larry Andersen said:

I have been trying for 4 days to connect to the second hub.  The hub blinks white and my iPad doesn't show it as a Bluetooth device.  I was able to connect with the first hub and downloaded new firmware.  I am NOT a fan of the new control technology.  I tried displaying the 4x4 at a show.  I was able to connect during setup but after people started coming in I was no longer able to connect.  I have heard similar stories from train people and train shows.  The LEGO Bluetooth LE implementation is weak and should be redesigned.

Hi, I finished building 42100 yesterday, and also had some issues connecting to both hubs at the same time. Curiously I had no problems on my iPad, but on my iPhone 7 plus I could only connect to the lower hub (tracks and turntable) and not the upper hub that controls all the other functions. 

Ultimately I solved it by installing the Powered Up app 3.0 so I could update the firmware on the second hub.

I then went into the Control+ app, selected 42100, then went into the Settings screen, then selected the "Model Data Reset" option. It is a screen with an arrow that curves tot he left. I selected this option, then closed and reopened the app. After doing this I could finally connect to both hubs on my iPhone.

I agree that there are some teething issues with the app. One thing I don't understand is that when using the One Touch control mode everything moves faster, particularly the bucket opening and closing, compared to the regular driving mode. Is this because the regular driving mode is designed to emulate the movement of the real machine?

I also had some issues getting my bucket to close fully. It now closes with a snap at the end, and takes a while to start opening. I guess it is possible that my bucket piece is a bit bent? I think it is very important to look at how far extended the linear actuators are meant to be when installing them. There are 1:1 diagrams that I didn't pay enough attention to.

Other than that, the model looks fantastic, and the functions are great and move quite quickly. The long linear actuators look really cool, but what I'd love to see is Control+ integrated with an automated use of pneumatics :)

I think 42100 and the Land Rover mark 2019 has a great Technic year, but this is just the start of Control+ so I can't wait to see what second half 2020 brings.

Hooray, at least I have purchased mine for $323 + $41 shipping. Hope it will arrive soon from Norway to Belarus :)

So cheap price is because VAT are excluded for me, but I have to pay custms fee at about 48 Euro :cry_sad:
Was waiting for it for a very long time.

I have a question for the bucket control.

There is no issue to connect to the Control+ App, and the calibration passes without issue too. And then, there is no issue controlling the set. 

However, the bucket can only be opened once. When I open the bucket, it can still be closed with the Control+. However, after that, the bucket cannot be opened. In the App, it shows that the bucket is always in the 45 degree open position after one open/close cycle. As such, there is no way to open it since in the app it is in the open position even if it is closed. 

After re-calibrate the set, the bucket can be opened/closed again for just one cycle, and then the problem again. 

When connect the set the first time, there is a function testing section. In the bucket testing section, the testing should just test an open and close cycle. But I noted for the testing, the bucket opened a larger degree then closing. For example,  if I keep testing the bucket function, eventually the bucket will be opened wider and wider.

The bucket is controlled by the D port in the upper hub. So I also switch the cable for ports B and D. After that there was no issue for the bucket control ( which is connected to port B). But the function connected to D has a similar issue.

Does anyone have the same issue?  

On 10/8/2019 at 9:50 AM, tmctiger said:

Hi Folks,

today finally my R 9800 arraived, but I was quite surprised as I noticed that my Excavator started excavating already in the box.*huh*:facepalm:

It seems that Lego is heading towards a packaging problem again (remember the Porsche, another premium set) :thumbdown: :

*Snip*

*Snip*

*Snip*

At least nothing except the box was damaged. But for a 450€ Set, this is unaccaptable! Imagine the bucket got another oriantation in the box: it would be definitly be bent or worse...

BR, Guenther

Late response, but i recently bought the Liebherr Excavator and I have the exact same problem,
The bucket dug itself into the box holding the motors and hubs.

Unfortunately, my bucket got warped. Tried to fixate it for 24 hours to get it straight, but no luck.
I just reported it to Lego, so now we wait for their response.

IMG-0126.JPG

IMG-0125.JPG

Edited by Realer1275
Remove quoted pictures

Bring back PF, instant playability.

Switch on battery boxes, pick up tactile controllers and play.

30 minutes ago, Doug72 said:

Bring back PF, instant playability.

Switch on battery boxes, pick up tactile controllers and play.

Nah, the stuffup was the PoweredUp controller wasn't 4 channel, and didn't natively support the C+ hub.

On 2/8/2021 at 9:00 AM, Realer1275 said:

Late response, but i recently bought the Liebherr Excavator and I have the exact same problem,
The bucket dug itself into the box holding the motors and hubs.

Unfortunately, my bucket got warped. Tried to fixate it for 24 hours to get it straight, but no luck.
I just reported it to Lego, so now we wait for their response.

Today the replacement shovel arrived. Filled in the online form on Lego.com and 9 days later i received an email that the new shovel was sent to me.
No questions asked. I anticipated some questions regarding proof and/or pictures, but nothing, they just sent a new one.

4 hours ago, Realer1275 said:

they just sent a new one

Credit to TLG. I've always had great support from Customer Services. Awesome service.

On 1/29/2019 at 12:31 PM, ifilin said:

Sheo built simillar excavator TerexRH400 early. It was on Rebrickable as MOC-1874, but now can't find it.

P.S. I've got the instructions for it.

Untitled.jpg

have you built this moc ?