2 hours ago, tmctiger said:

Hi Folks,

today finally my R 9800 arraived, but I was quite surprised as I noticed that my Excavator started excavating already in the box.*huh*:facepalm:

It seems that Lego is heading towards a packaging problem again (remember the Porsche, another premium set) :thumbdown: :

*snip*

*snip*

*snip*

At least nothing except the box was damaged. But for a 450€ Set, this is unaccaptable! Imagine the bucket got another oriantation in the box: it would be definitly be bent or worse...

It'd be interesting to see if your case was just a freak accident or if it's more frequent.

2 hours ago, Rygar said:

And so Devastator was born...

They blurred away the emergency operator :laugh_hard:
Ow well, when I was the owner I would have insisted on some kind of emergency stop.

31 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

It'd be interesting to see if your case was just a freak accident or if it's more frequent.

Didn't this also happen with 42081? TLG needs to use thicker boxes to withstand hits from large bucket parts...

14 hours ago, tmctiger said:

Hi Folks,

today finally my R 9800 arraived, but I was quite surprised as I noticed that my Excavator started excavating already in the box.*huh*:facepalm:

It seems that Lego is heading towards a packaging problem again (remember the Porsche, another premium set) :thumbdown: :

At least nothing except the box was damaged. But for a 450€ Set, this is unaccaptable! Imagine the bucket got another oriantation in the box: it would be definitly be bent or worse...

BR, Guenther

See if you could get a replacement bucket then use both when you build it!

1 hour ago, weavil said:

If nothing was damaged then I don't think they'd send him a new bucket

4 hours ago, weavil said:

Oh please dont. Those little things drive up the costs for all off us....

I almost finished building this set (~100 pages left) and am really enjoying the build. Very impressive model and some interesting new build techniques I had not seen before, which I can definitely use in my own MOCs.

While test driving the model I noticed a slight 'electrical whine' from some motors and I was wondering if this is to be expected. It's most notable when you press the joystick to rotate the upper structure but don't really rotate it yet. Before the motors start there is some electrical noise coming from the motor. It happens for the 2 motors which control the tracks as well, though it's less noticeable there. Do you guys have this as well?

19 hours ago, weavil said:

Why should I, nothing was damaged. Ok the box, but I am quite shure they won't send me an empty replacement box. :tongue:

14 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Oh please dont. Those little things drive up the costs for all off us....

I agree, requesting replacements when you actually do not need one, is quite a dumb idea and makes the stuff more expansive for all of us - or the worst: they stop the quite relexed replacement part handling ...

Anyway, I wrote an email to Lego informing them of the issue. I am curious what they will reply to me.

12 hours ago, Marno said:

I almost finished building this set (~100 pages left) and am really enjoying the build. Very impressive model and some interesting new build techniques I had not seen before, which I can definitely use in my own MOCs.

While test driving the model I noticed a slight 'electrical whine' from some motors and I was wondering if this is to be expected. It's most notable when you press the joystick to rotate the upper structure but don't really rotate it yet. Before the motors start there is some electrical noise coming from the motor. It happens for the 2 motors which control the tracks as well, though it's less noticeable there. Do you guys have this as well?

It's called Pulse Width Modulation and it's perfectly normal with proportional control.

Here's a link to the article on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse-width_modulation

I get lots of questions regarding motor whine on BuWizz support too, because users are not used to proportional control, since Lego only used bang-bang controllers until now.

3 hours ago, tmctiger said:

Why should I, nothing was damaged. Ok the box, but I am quite shure they won't send me an empty replacement box. :tongue:

It would look like a giant mouth and all you would need is googly eyes.

Hi Folks,

I got mail from Lego regarding my issue with the packaging of the 42100 (see above). The told me, that tey will look into the issue and try to prevent this in the future (and thanked me for the photos). So far so good, but now the real surprise happend: they granted me a whole bunch of VIP points to compensate for my inconvenience! *oh2*
That is really a great service!

It was my concern to tell this story in a time where it looks like everybody (at least in germany, due to some events) kicks against Lego. I am not sure if any arbitrary clone brand would react the same in such a case :wink: ...

BR,

Guenther

Edited by tmctiger

29 minutes ago, tmctiger said:

So far so good, but now the real surprise happend: they granted me a whole bunch of VIP points to compensate for my inconvenience! *oh2*

Sorry for off topic but, care to define "a whole bunch"? I got an email from LEGO the other day saying I've got 1800+ VIP points. "Not too bad" was my first throught, "maybe I should make use of them and buy someting from the LEGO online store" was my second. To my disapointment those points can only buy me a discount of €5 for my next purchase. Realy? Was the VIP point return of investment always this bad?

1 hour ago, zoo said:

Sorry for off topic but, care to define "a whole bunch"? I got an email from LEGO the other day saying I've got 1800+ VIP points. "Not too bad" was my first throught, "maybe I should make use of them and buy someting from the LEGO online store" was my second. To my disapointment those points can only buy me a discount of €5 for my next purchase. Realy? Was the VIP point return of investment always this bad?

Actually 1800 points are >10€. :wink: You can get 2x 5€ discount, you can use multiple discounts on one order. :wink:

Anyway I got 3750 points which is worth >20€ ... So at first I do think this this is a very generous gift, for just a damaged inside-box. At second, the VIP points return of investment is the same as before, just the scaling of the points is different (And of course, the ease of use, thats the only negative point I see so far).

Edited by tmctiger

30 minutes ago, tmctiger said:

Actually 1800 points are >10€. :wink: You can get 2x 5€ discount, you can use multiple discounts on one order. :wink:

Anyway I got 3750 points which is worth >20€ ... So at first I do think this this is a very generous gift, for just a damaged inside-box. At second, the VIP points return of investment is the same as before, just the scaling of the points is different (And of course, the ease of use, thats the only negative point I see so far).

I guess €20 is alright as compensation. Yeah, I thought it might work that way but wasn't sure since there are different levels, all being the same ratio of discount. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll see if I can find some use for those points before they expire.

I say this set at my Lego store this weekend and it looked great! Looking forward to getting it! (Probably next year sometime lol)

The Control+ app was updated to 1.0.3, the connection bug at phase 2 testing is fixed. The app can now connect to the second hub with a single motor attached.

On 10/25/2019 at 5:49 PM, kbalage said:

The Control+ app was updated to 1.0.3, the connection bug at phase 2 testing is fixed. The app can now connect to the second hub with a single motor attached.

Hopefully, I'll have no issues with mine when I get it for xmas!

On 10/25/2019 at 9:19 AM, kbalage said:

I have updated my S10+ to Android 10 and i cannot install the app at all. It crashes during installation ... :( Well its BETA OS for S10+ so this might happen. Im glad that my wife phone is still on Android 9 :) cuz i would not be able to test after building packages 1.

e9dbdfdc13115.jpg

b42e49adedcf2.jpg

4c77ff77a67bb.jpg

On 10/8/2019 at 12:25 PM, Bartybum said:

In my set I found that the sides of the bucket were bend inwards,
I put in an piece of wood that pushed the walls slightly outwards for multiple hours to get it back in shape.

No problem for me but Lego does have a packing problem here.

On the other hand, this set was the first in years that didn't mis pieces.
RTC, BWE, RC, all had missing pieces.

22 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

@coinoperator Maybe I haven’t had any missing pieces in my sets because I live in Australia. We have generally strict consumer laws here

I doubt TLG would package a set differently just because it goes to Australia... They don't know final destination of sets hey manafacture anyway.

21 hours ago, Bartybum said:

@coinoperator Maybe I haven’t had any missing pieces in my sets because I live in Australia. We have generally strict consumer laws here

I doubt if this has anything to do with consumer laws.
Maybe there are multiple assembly facilities and maybe these work not all the same way and maybe it's just me that had bad luck.

but lego always provided me the missing parts

45 minutes ago, coinoperator said:

Maybe there are multiple assembly facilities and maybe these work not all the same way

That's my theory too. 

I have never been missing pieces in new sets. 

Somewhere in this very long thread there was some questions posed about the new clutch gear. Someone wanted to know how much torque they can achieve before slipping. I ahve just ordered some from Lego, and in the description on the order confirmation, it states 7.5-20 Ncm, so considerably more than the previous white clutch gear.

Enjoy :)

Brian