10 minutes ago, suffocation said:

The new actuators cost €10 a piece :wall:

Wow, when I got it, it was roughly 2€ cheaper.

16 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

[...]and noticed a few QA issues already... One motor was damaged and actuator rods look like they have corosion on the metal[...]

Markus said in Sariels interview from today that they had these actuator already for quite a while. Could be en explanation (but not en excuse).

15 minutes ago, suffocation said:

The new actuators cost €10 a piece :wall:

Exhibit 4324 why price per piece shouldn't be a thing.

@agrof thanks, I also enjoyed this new approach. I'm afraid it won't work with smaller sets as there're less interesting steps to show but we'll see :classic:

@Enantiomeer you're right, I still have to disassemble and clean the set and I really don't feel motivated :laugh: 

@suffocation it made the beams surprisingly stable, I really like the approach and will definitely try to use it in the future.

58 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

I started building my copy and noticed a few QA issues already... One motor was damaged and actuator rods look like they have corosion on the metal... Let's see what's the state at the end of the build.

The actuator shafts in my copy of 42081 look a bit scruffy as well. Scratches and grey/white marks on yours, by any chance? And that motor - total shite.

Edited by Maaboo35
That space shouldn't have been there...

On 9/30/2019 at 9:44 AM, CSX9992 said:

Got it! Now where is the pdf lol

I just downloaded the pdf instructions of both Liebherr & Landrover from TLG site.

I only found the instructions when I searched for "421". If I search for "42100" or "42110" I get "No results for .....".

15 minutes ago, Enantiomeer said:

I only found the instructions when I searched for "421". If I search for "42100" or "42110" I get "No results for .....".

Oh wow, what a hack, I have been refreshing that link daily, thanks for the heads up, much nicer building from my iPad Pro 12.9, than the book taking up half my space.

6 minutes ago, rekreK said:

much nicer building from my iPad Pro 12.9, than the book taking up half my space.

Totally agree

btw, the Landrover instuctions can now also be found when searching for 42110, however the Liebherr instructions still can't be found when searching for 42100. I guess this will change soon as well.

1 hour ago, rekreK said:

Oh wow, what a hack, I have been refreshing that link daily, thanks for the heads up, much nicer building from my iPad Pro 12.9, than the book taking up half my space.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I like the fact that building a set is one of the few things I do where I don't have to look at a computer screen of some sort. Turning physical pages and manipulating the pieces is therapeutic. 

18 minutes ago, ShowsOn said:

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I like the fact that building a set is one of the few things I do where I don't have to look at a computer screen of some sort. Turning physical pages and manipulating the pieces is therapeutic. 

Don't worry, you're not old fashioned, you just have personal preferences. I prefer a book because there's no artificial light to bother me, and I can attest to it being therapeutic. There's definitely a sense of tranquility.

However, sometimes a book takes up a really annoying amount of space, and if it isn't ring bound then the spine crease sticks out like a mountain, and the booklet can then sometimes slip shut. I can totally understand why some people prefer screens, even if I don't.

Edited by Bartybum

I'm a bit confused as to why the Liebherr nor Land Rover are not yet available where I live. In Lego's own online store they are shown as "coming soon" and can be ordered but deliveries won't begin until later. Local retailers don't have even that, just the summer releases (spider crane etc.) In Amazon.de the Liebherr is listed as a preorder, availability beginning from 4.10. and Land Rover is nowhere to be found. In UK Amazon Liebherr seems to be available right now, but no Land Rover there either.

I really like this modell, and would love to own it... but the dependency to smartphone/tablet without physical controller, + fiddling with battery charger is unfortunately no go for me. I am not saying it is bad, because in some perspective it gives more accurate representation of the real machine operation, and really admire the smoothness and power of this beast. It is just not for me unfortunately, or luckily - as I just saved a lot of money. :classic:

Great hint with the BI @Enantiomeer, already got my copies, thank You!

Edited by agrof

I still wonder, why the need for the new linear clutch? There are ample space to include a 24z white clutch gear somewhere in the drivetrain for both tracks and the turntable.

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I still wonder, why the need for the new linear clutch? There are ample space to include a 24z white clutch gear somewhere in the drivetrain for both tracks and the turntable.

From what I have seen I think the new clutch is triggered at a (much?) higher torque. Someone made a comparison. Not sure if it was Sariel.

The old 24t clutch is an absolute dog.  As Lego parts go, it's one of the worst.  Totally useless :classic:

Clutch is an essential safety feature in some models, but it has to carry *some* torque before slipping.  The white 24t clutch does not :classic:

I have hit an issue in my build, any ideas?

I have tried:

iPad Pro
iPhone X
Hub from 42099
Motor from 42099
Different battery packs
No motor connected

The first hub did a firmware update when I connected for the first time, this one has not prompted me for that.

1 minute ago, rekreK said:

I have hit an issue in my build, any ideas?

I have tried:

iPad Pro
iPhone X
Hub from 42099
Motor from 42099
Different battery packs
No motor connected

The first hub did a firmware update when I connected for the first time, this one has not prompted me for that.

Connect all motors to the second hub. This bug was mentioned in one of the reviews. Here is the video with time stamp: 

Edited by Andman
added video link, typos

3 minutes ago, Andman said:

Connect all motors to the second hub.

Woot! Thanks man, I remember seeing that in the review now, but pretty sure I said to myself "It will be fixed before release" so disregarded it.

Just now, rekreK said:

Woot! Thanks man, I remember seeing that in the review now, but pretty sure I said to myself "It will be fixed before release" so disregarded it.

I was pretty confident it'll be corrected in the public version, reported the bug like 3 weeks ago :hmpf_bad:

I'm kind of perplexed by the weight of this thing - 4.4 kg seems like a lot. My telescopic crawler crane is more cumbersome, has 9 motors and yet weighs in at only 4 kg, give or take a few grams.

2 hours ago, Andman said:

This bug was mentioned in one of the reviews

What a brilliant model. The "dumb" customer pays 450 EUR and there are bugs on release. Interesting what will be happen in 5 years when the app is full of other models and profiles and will reach up to 2GB.

And the lack of B-model is a bod joke. Whats the problem to make another app profile, maybe for a cool tracked loader like 8043 B?. This is the first "flagship" in newer Technic history without alternative model and this decision makes me sick. The next TLG decision will be to save the instruction book and replace it with digital building only. "Hey, the fanboy customer needs anyway his phone or tablet to control this model, he also can build it on digital device - why we include a instruction book here". This model is far away from beeing a worth Technic flagship as Andromeda from Milkyway - and this model is far away from what Technic should be.

Just now, Timorzelorzworz said:

The next TLG decision will be to save the instruction book and replace it with digital building only. "

This, unfortunately, is very likely :wall:

The last thing I want to do when I'm building is to look at a bloody screen.

Just now, Timorzelorzworz said:

[...]Whats the problem to make another app profile, maybe for a cool tracked loader like 8043 B?[...]

Just lack of time due to the amount of parts and expected complexity of the b-model according to Markus (the designer) in Sariels interview. Personally I don't care since I rarely build b-models. But that's of course just my personal opinion.