2 hours ago, CSX9992 said:

How about using round 1x1 I have those in bulk for the bwe? Simulated gravel and it won’t damage the shovel

They'll bounce/roll/slide away quite easily because they are smooth and lightweight.

The best option is to use shapes that interlock. These won't bounce/roll/slide away as easily when you try to pick them up, even when they are lightweight plastic. Examples are those used for building sea walls such as these shapes:

69811699-concrete-shapes-used-as-sea-wal

uNldrk9e5Jwdti9rQoJffTBfZSNuTutWETRwzann

If you can find some plastic parts in these kind of shapes that would be cool. I have no idea where to find such things or if these are available at all.

Alternatively you can create some similar shapes with using just a few small lego parts.

1 minute ago, coinoperator said:

Maybe Knex parts?

That might just work. 

K90904.jpgK90903.jpgK909091.jpgK3010001.jpgK90911.jpg

Though some people around here might consider using Knex parts as blasphemy. :grin:

5 hours ago, CSX9992 said:

2x2 2x3 etc?

Will probably work a bit better than the round shapes since they can't roll away. Add in 2*2 corner bricks as well and I'd expect it to work even better.250x250p.jpg?1561403523.4306366

I constructed a very simple piece from 4 parts that I expect to work even better:

1 * Plate Round 1 x 1

1 * Plate 2 x 2 Corner

2 * Plate 1 x 3

Gravel.jpg

This piece can't lay flat on the surface, while it can interlock with other pieces.

16 hours ago, Enantiomeer said:

Though some people around here might consider using Knex parts as blasphemy

You see this wrong,
After all we are simulating the digging of DIRT :laugh:

Just now, Andman said:

Got the update too. Which PDF?

I suppose you were looking at the help page just like me

a short glance.... building instructions... slips away under a cookie pop-up and vanishes :ugh:

Edited by coinoperator

A bit offtopic, but has anyone tested the new hub (42099 since August) with the regular Powered Up App? I'am interested in whether the hub connects yet or not. For me it is a buy decision 'cause I will ofcourse use the hub for Mocs with PU app

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

@Timorzelorzworz the Powered Up app can't connect to the Technic hub yet. An update is expected for November/December that will enable the app to properly control the hub and the new motors, and hopefully will add multi-hub support as well.

1 hour ago, coinoperator said:

I suppose you were looking at the help page just like me

a short glance.... building instructions... slips away under a cookie pop-up and vanishes :ugh:

Of course... stupid me. Didn't think about the instructions. But TLG has one more day, since the release date is tomorrow :-)

1 hour ago, Andman said:

Of course... stupid me. Didn't think about the instructions. But TLG has one more day, since the release date is tomorrow :-)

I expect them to be in the box that will hopefully be delivered this week:drool:

(edit 1)
It may however take some weeks before they release the instructions on their website.
With the Aston Martin it took almost a month.

(edit 2)
Maybe that had something to do with the lepin copy's,
I remember even people on facebook that said they were missing instructions in the Aston set (yeah sure)

Edited by coinoperator

FYI: On sale at Toyco.co.nz in NZ for $799. Interestingly, not listed under the Limited Edition section, so likely will be 20% off within a week or two, as per their usual sales, and possibly 25% off in run up to Christmas. They don't yet have 42110 listed.

Here's my video with details from the building process, review and a field test in the quarry:

@kbalage That was really great approach for the review with the interesting bits! I vote for keeping this method. :thumbup: Enjoyed the video, and the new presentation elements in the video editing, keep up with the direction! 

5 hours ago, kbalage said:

Here's my video with details from the building process, review and a field test in the quarry:

Nice review. I very much like the practical digging tests with bricks, gravel & sand. I'll stick to (polished & washed) gravel since bricks clearly don't work and I don't want to take the risk of damaging the linear actuators with some fine sand grains.

Great video, @kbalage :wub:

I especially enjoyed the partial builds - you really made the experience feel more exciting, particularly with all the interlocking modules.

That part towards the beginning where system bricks are used inside a 3x11 panel - how effective do you think it is in adding to the section's rigidity?

Edited by suffocation

I started building my copy and noticed a few QA issues already... One motor was damaged and actuator rods look like they have corosion on the metal... Let's see what's the state at the end of the build.