4 hours ago, suffocation said:

But yeah, it's cooler to be skin-deep and shit on everything the whole time.

Certainly seems to be....:roflmao:

There's complaints of lack of realism because its all motors and no gears... well the real thing is all hydraulics, so nothing short of pnuematics are realistic. The thing moves slowly, not sure its an issue.. many reasons why that might have been designed in, I know i'm glass-half-full and maybe a little to keen to overlook weak points, but this is a hell of set! It needs to get some more love...

My first set was 851 in the late 70's... lets appreciate how amazing it is that we have sets like this and can control it from a phone (stop moaning!! There are estimated 2.5 billion of them on the planet.. hardly edge-case, niche technology!), its got multiple axis gyro's, and all kinds of nice features, wrapped up in an awesome giant (its too big!) model... these are cool times for technic...

3 hours ago, gvo25 said:

[awesome rope shovel excavator prototype]

That looks terrific :wub: Where can I find more pics of it?

2 hours ago, CSX9992 said:

What is the significance of the yellow bushings on liebherr? Cosmetic?

They're so each section of the machine can be lifted into place.

15 hours ago, suffocation said:

That looks terrific :wub: Where can I find more pics of it?

They're so each section of the machine can be lifted into place.

In my old WIP topic there are some pictures

[WIP] Electric Rope Shovel

Isn't the real thing slow but nimble? The tracks go kind of slow but the bucket can work at a decent speed if I remember correctly.

On the Lego set it's quite the opposite, it moves at a surprising speed for its size but the LA's are painfully slow.

37 minutes ago, aol000xw said:

Isn't the real thing slow but nimble? The tracks go kind of slow but the bucket can work at a decent speed if I remember correctly.

On the Lego set it's quite the opposite, it moves at a surprising speed for its size but the LA's are painfully slow.

You are right.

the real R9800 is much faster When its empty. 

But when the bucket is full, its very slow.

Empty

I think the best way is to change the gears for a little bit faster movement.

you cant really work with the lego R9800, so the hub should not shut down the motors with a faster gearing

Amazon Germany offered the set yesterday morning for 335€. Ready for shipment on October 4th. 

I’ve preordered the set, so i‘ll get it with a 25% discount at release date, which is an acceptable price for me. 

Soon after i placed my order, it got unavailable and meanwhile it is listed for retail price (449,99€), again.

Amazon actually displays the set with LEGO’s confidential name, which is “Elephant”.

Here is the ASIN, if someone is interested: B07NDBGW4G

Edited by Danee

why is it that it can be preordered in the UK and EUR but not in the US 

Edited by CSX9992

3 hours ago, Danee said:

Amazon Germany offered the set yesterday morning for 335€. Ready for shipment on October 4th. 

I’ve preordered the set, so i‘ll get it with a 25% discount at release date, which is an acceptable price for me. 

Soon after i placed my order, it got unavailable and meanwhile it is listed for retail price (449,99€), again.

Amazon actually displays the set with LEGO’s confidential name, which is “Elephant”.

Here is the ASIN, if someone is interested: B07NDBGW4G

So did you managed to preorder it for the 25% off price, or did you have to pay the regular price?

17 hours ago, mpj said:

So did you managed to preorder it for the 25% off price, or did you have to pay the regular price?

Yes, I’ve ordered it for 335,29€  

And the order is correctly processed with estimated delivery on October 5th. 

Edited by Danee
Added some more information

So it’s up on S@H, for $750AUD. I’m happy to say that’s much better than the $850 I was personally fearing a couple months back :grin:

7 hours ago, Bartybum said:

So it’s up on S@H, for $750AUD. I’m happy to say that’s much better than the $850 I was personally fearing a couple months back :grin:

And it will 600 on sale in no time... Big-W it'll be even cheaper. The 4x4 was on sale a few weeks after it came out

You know, something irritates me about the price. But not for this set. This set costs what you'd expect as set with 4108 parts to cost, about $450. So, why can't 42099 cost only $90-120? Or even better, the recent tracked racer things. Why can't they be like $50? The massively inflated prices of those sets make little sense if this set does not have that RC tax added to it. Or, maybe there's something I'm missing here.

@Saberwing40k  41099 has a lot of expensive parts relative to its part count. 4 new hubs, 2 turntables, 4 big wheels and a lot of all new electronics (which should get cheaper for us in time). But still, count yourself lucky you don't have the Disney tax. The price of the new UCS set is.....questionable! 

Edited by allanp
Stupid auto correct!