56 minutes ago, m3eu said:

Thx Jim, I'm curious about any updates.

I got a response that it has been taken down. Which apparently it has (again).

Another video, found on YT (from Gamescom by Olli)

Edited by agrof

It actually moves faster than I previously thought. The turning of the upper structure as well as the base seems also quite nice, good weight distribution right there :-)

Give it a 30% discount we are talking :-D

Edited by Jundis

14 hours ago, CSX9992 said:

Does Conrad have a English site?

Not to be a  jerk or something, but did you even try conrad.com?

On 8/27/2019 at 7:32 AM, Jim said:

Not to be a  jerk or something, but did you even try conrad.com?

On 8/27/2019 at 7:32 AM, Jim said:

I was on there but couldn’t find English translation 

Edited by CSX9992
Deleted

For certain reasons (which will become clear in October), I'm going to be able to show my 42100 review 2 weeks earlier than other reviewers:

september.jpg

Edited by Sariel

Just now, Sariel said:

For certain reasons (which will become clear in October), I'm going to be able to show my 42100 review 2 weeks earlier than other reviewers:

Whee!

1 hour ago, Sariel said:

september.jpg

i-like-it........-i-like-it-alot.jpg

I'm interested to know if the build is interesting. With each motor close to each functionality, I guess that there won't be a lot of gears to put in place.

On 8/25/2019 at 3:26 PM, m3eu said:

It's online again….and it's available for online purchase. Wondering if this is a publishing mistake, anybody placed an order yet?

It's also available at the Dutch Conrad site for € 15 more (@ € 465,= incl. VAT) than the German site version. Delivery dates between 30-8 and 31-8.

I actually ordered it. When I now try to access this order on their website I get an error "Order niet gevonden. In verband met een technische storing kunnen we geen informatie weergeven over deze order. Onze excuses voor het ongemak.". Translation: “Order not found. Due to a technical malfunction we cannot display information about this order. Our apologies for the inconvenience.”.

Since they took down the set from their site they'll probably ship it the moment they are allowed to.

One interesting thing about Conrad's site is that they show actual amount of stock of all items. And it mentioned something like > 40 available. That would suggest that it's already in their warehouse.

There are also other shops that claim it will be available August 30 (but without being able to order it yet). So, I'm still hoping that they'll ship it tomorrow so that it arrives here on Friday. Probably that's a bit silly of me, but I don't care.

On 8/29/2019 at 2:43 AM, Sariel said:

september.jpg

d8q450s-00e096ca-3aa2-4778-b104-187e1064

C-O-N-G-R-A-T-S! :grin:

On 8/28/2019 at 9:37 PM, Enantiomeer said:

So, I'm still hoping that they'll ship it tomorrow so that it arrives here on Friday

Very curious about a follow up on your Conrad order. Did you get any order/ shipping confirmation, or perhaps a cancellation? Ofcourse I hope you'll be lucky and receive this set before most people do!

4 hours ago, m3eu said:

Very curious about a follow up on your Conrad order. Did you get any order/ shipping confirmation, or perhaps a cancellation? Ofcourse I hope you'll be lucky and receive this set before most people do!

When I placed the order (21 August) I did get an order confirmation with an indicated shipping date of 30/31 August.

As was to be expected nothing happened today/yesterday. What will probably happen is that they'll just hold my order back until they are allowed to start shipping. So, it's effectively become a pré-order and I expect to get it the first day of the official release.

On 8/30/2019 at 6:45 PM, CSX9992 said:

How do I delete posts?

Hopefully I am allowed to reply to this in this forum and not in 'general site disgussion' since that will take longer for him to get a reply.

You have to send a private message a moderator asking them to delete it.

You could also report your own post asking for it to be deleted, but maybe if too many people do that it would be a bad thing athough it may be quicker than a PM.

I'd ask @Jim what is the the best method.

Editing your own post with “deleted” is sufficient.

thanks for video.

it looks great, but it seems so sloooow and jerky. maybe if it would not be so enormous in size it would be much better, considering it can "only" do what 8043 can do to, I hope its size is not its own enemy. I am afraid it might be.

I would be happier with smaller scale and better performance.

I am very curious about Sariel's review. So far I really do not like it is "screen" operated, if there would be manual option it would be big plus for me (like either or - play with it either way you want).

maybe Sariel will do "strip down" light version without decoration of tubes, and "filters" and will tell us it is faster and smoother if just the core is built. Maybe that might be my project, to build it reduced to minimum and thus lighter. 

I am still not decided if I am excited or disappointed with this set. Maybe I am both. Is it possible? 

For me Technic is optimization more than nothing so I will do my 9800 smaller, with the big L.A.s but without those electric components and bucket, even so thank to Lego for the new pieces and the money that saves me. I know I will pay 6 big L.A.s like gold... but they will be fun for many machines.

12 hours ago, J_C said:

I am still not decided if I am excited or disappointed with this set. Maybe I am both. Is it possible?

I'm totally in love with the set and disagree with some of your opinions, but you're definitely allowed to be both. You can like a set but still be disappointed with some of its features, and vice versa.

9 hours ago, CSX9992 said:

with all the motors will the tracks be independent so you can turn it rather it moving laterally 

In my opinion, this thing turns and drives quite fast (just look at the video from agrof above on this page).

The movement of the arm on the other hand is a little bit slow, because of the use of the linear actuators. I think Michael Kossmann did a very good job here. I'm really looking forward to this model, so I'm with Bartybum.