34 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

Box Layout is available. Again no B model :/

I find this really disappointing! In the case of the Porsche and Bugatti I can understand why they do not create a B-Model, but why not for the 42099 and 42100 sets? @Grohl has shown that is perfectly possible to create a decent B-Model for the 42099. Without a B-Model the value for money of a set drops dramatically in my opinion.

23 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

..i'd not seen it before, so to me it was new.. thanks @I_Igor ! I enjoyed the new-to-me pics.. i'd not the inline clutch in two pieces before. Interesting..  Such a shame those planetary's don't look like they're any good for inboard use. Can't get them tight enough to the diff... Mmmm

You're welcome. New planetary hub have only one negative feature; instead towball I would prefer a pin hole at the same place so you can decide to have pin for live axle or pin with towball for independent suspension

Just now, WvG_853 said:

Without a B-Model the value for money of a set drops dramatically in my opinion.

I know this is personal opinion, but for me a b model has zero effect on how i value a set. I value it based on what the set looks like, and what it adds to my moc options. 45% the set, 55% moc options. A b model is just a bunch of instruction pages, no extra value for me.

Just now, I_Igor said:

New planetary hub have only one negative feature

..and its not an axle type input. If it was an axle, and it was the right length, it could slot straight into a diff... But mustn't grumble!! 

4 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

..and its not an axle type input. If it was an axle, and it was the right length, it could slot straight into a diff... But mustn't grumble!! 

I understand that but I think using new CV can compromise that in lots of situation

8 hours ago, WvG_853 said:

I find this really disappointing! In the case of the Porsche and Bugatti I can understand why they do not create a B-Model, but why not for the 42099 and 42100 sets? @Grohl has shown that is perfectly possible to create a decent B-Model for the 42099. Without a B-Model the value for money of a set drops dramatically in my opinion.

I’m pretty sure that the folks at Liebherr, like Porsche and Bugatti, don’t want some non-existing Liebherr branded B-model. This is most likely not TLG’s decision.

I could not care less btw. For me, the set is about the main model and parts.

Regards the new hub having tow balls, as the new CV joint is larger than one module you couldn't fit the hole needed for a pin.

I’m hardly surprised it doesn’t have a B-model though. It’s the first batch of Control+ sets, and has a very complex control profile. I think for now it’s a good option to focus on a single model, because having two sets would just dilute the quality. I’m sure they considered it at some point.

Edited by Bartybum

On Friday, August 09, 2019 at 11:00 PM, Andman said:

Lego accidently send me the new actuator 15-23m. Pretty much the same like the older one. Just longer ;-). The shaft is less loose. The two parts of the housing seem not to be glued together. But i didn't manage to disassemble it.

actuator.jpg

Lucky man! So they are 15 studs retracted and 23 full extended?

On 8/10/2019 at 11:08 PM, sbonas said:

Andman any ideas how to get those actuators from Lego a lot of grove mobile crane owners are to keen to upgrade their boom

Since it was send accidentally, I don't know how to get them before the set is released. By the way, according to the delivery note it will be sold for 8€ per actuator.

1 hour ago, mpj said:

Lucky man! So they are 15 studs retracted and 23 full extended?

Exactly.

EDIT: Typo

Edited by Andman

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I’m hardly surprised it doesn’t have a B-model though. It’s the first batch of Control+ sets, and has a very complex control profile. I think for now it’s a good option to focus on a single model, because having two sets would just dilute the quality. I’m sure they considered it at some point.

Actually, I am. As already mentioned in this thread, they could at least use the backhoe configuration for the b-model. No change in the whole main structure needed (like the b-model for 42082). Nearly no change in the App needed, same actuators used. The bucket just has to be turned around and the backside completed with the already present panels in dark bluish gray.

This surely will be one of the first mod somebody will do (not me :-D ).

Just now, 1963maniac said:

There are two small actuators on the back of the shovel. Has anyone discussed what these do?

They open the shovel.

3 hours ago, Jundis said:

Actually, I am. As already mentioned in this thread, they could at least use the backhoe configuration for the b-model. No change in the whole main structure needed (like the b-model for 42082). Nearly no change in the App needed, same actuators used. The bucket just has to be turned around and the backside completed with the already present panels in dark bluish gray.

This surely will be one of the first mod somebody will do (not me :-D ).

Oh shit, I actually totally forgot about this. I see B-model and think of an entirely different model, not just a modification of the A-model. Yeah that would've really been nice :cry_sad:

Will the control apps be specific to model I.e the app for 42099 will work for 42100 or it will have its own app I ask because I have the technic app for iOS?

Just now, CSX9992 said:

Will the control apps be specific to model I.e the app for 42099 will work for 42100 or it will have its own app I ask because I have the technic app for iOS?

It will be the same app (Control+) with different profiles for each model.

1 minute ago, CSX9992 said:

Ok how will I go about getting profile?

Lego will release new profiles (via app update), when they release new C+ models.

Just now, Andman said:

Lego will release new profiles (via app update), when they release new C+ models.

Thank you just now gotta wait to find out how much in USD.

5 minutes ago, knotian said:

I'd suggest that  Eurobricks have a "B" model contest.

Do you expect adoption of this set to reach critical mass of contest level? It is not cheap and I think there is some hesitation regarding PUp... it may take some time if ever....

Edited by aol000xw

3 hours ago, aol000xw said:

Do you expect adoption of this set to reach critical mass of contest level? It is not cheap and I think there is some hesitation regarding PUp... it may take some time if ever....

Excellent point! Do you think there is enough ' hesitation ' to convince TLG to stay with the PF? I'd sure join the protest. I do mainly static industrial models that do not need 'RC'. Extension cables for both PF and EV3 do a fine job. 

Looks like it's gonna be a massive box, it's a shame there is no flip up lid for this flagship. Maybe it's because there's no b model to have to show off on the back. Hopefully it'll return on the 2020 flagship.