Seems like a new bent liftarm (sorry if this has been discussed already):

liftarm.png

Oh no, never mind.  I think it is just a 5L lined up with a 3L behind it.

Edited by aeh5040

Why's there a constant chatter about replacing Control+ with PU? The motors are the same internally, so the power and torque are the same (+/- gearing). C+ comes with all the gyro stuff and rpm, which is a great addition - @Sariel review of 42099 said he wasn't sure what practical use it was, and he maybe right, but what practical use is a lego Merc truck, or a lego bugatti.. none, but thats not the point of lego - so in my view it is a great addition (to what is actually a toy...).. Its bluetooth, thats an improvement on every level too. So you need a phone or tablet to control it... so what! there's over a trillion connected devices on the earth, should Lego have stuck with the 'old way' just to please the Luddites? No of course not. 

I see something new and i want to embrace and see what possibilities it has, not work out how to backwards engineer it into 2010... "everything was better when everything was worse"...!!  I can smell lego moc's being an internet of things device, its probably do-able now... how awesome is that?!

The set isn't due out for another 2 months, why not wait until someones actually built it before deciding its fate.... who knows, maybe it will convert the doom mongers!! 

15 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

The set isn't due out for another 2 months, why not wait until someones actually built it before deciding its fate.... who knows, maybe it will convert the doom mongers!! 

Well, the set looks stultifyingly dull to me, so I'll probably never be converted to its cause. It will be interesting to see how it works with the app though.

Finding it dull is different to the whole C+ junking thing and the stream negativity that comes with it... I find cars dull, i wouldn't buy the bugatti if it was £20, thats personal preference and thats totally rational and normal. I'm not saying this set is the most exciting i've ever seen (no gearboxes), but i don't get the desire to go back to PU thats worse in most ways, just because 'change is bad'... I buy sets to enjoy the build, look at use them for a month-ish, then take to pieces for mocs. I never keep anything built, so the lack of gearboxes is a shame, but the host of new components is a reason to rejoice, not an excuse to reinvent the stone-age out of shear stubbornness.

I'm generally staggered everything 6 months when the new sets come out and the haters start hating. 

If there still is doubt about the price of this beast, I've just picked the new July to December catalogue here in Denmark. The retail price is 3399,- DKK, almost the same as the Chiron, which has a price tag of 3199,- DKK. 

Edited by mortenm

2 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

Why's there a constant chatter about replacing Control+ with PU?

There isn't? :classic:

One person posted about using PU (I think they meant legacy PF) instead of C+ so they could use the C+ in their MOCs?

Somebody else talked about getting Spike for their MOCs, and somebody else confused that with replacing C+ in 42100 with Spike?

Lots of non-native English speakers, lots of posts about different topics all in one thread, stuff happens :pir-classic:

Related: I think the new platform is a winning idea from TLG. 

But the naming is helping no-one: Control+, Powered Up, Spike, Boost, it's confusing. :pir-murder:

Edited by andythenorth

The dependency on a mobile device Is a hassle in my opinion.

Nothing easier than picking a remote and go, specially for the younger.

I really want a true RF system, not some bluetooth variation. Guess in the end I'll need to craft it myself.

I guess I'm a little put out by the possible discontinuation of PF. It's a great system and I hope TLG will continue to work with it. C+ in my opinion complements the available options, but I hope it doesn't replace any of them.

On 8/2/2019 at 10:41 PM, TeamThrifty said:

£415.. ouch. 30% off is where i want it.. not impossible.

We have a retail chain here in DK - Bilka.

3 or 4 times a year, they have 35% off every LEGO set. Their selection is not that great though. But the "mainstream" Technic sets are on the shelfes.

5 hours ago, mortenm said:

they have 35% off every LEGO set

Thank you, i will keep a watch out... thats the beauty of the internet!

22 hours ago, mortenm said:

We have a retail chain here in DK - Bilka.

3 or 4 times a year, they have 35% off every LEGO set. Their selection is not that great though. But the "mainstream" Technic sets are on the shelfes.

I worry that this set is so expensive that a lot of the regular stores may not carry it. It may be a special order. The suggested retail price in Australia including 10% tax is going to be $750. This compares to $400 for the recent Technic flagships Rough Terrain Crane, 6 x 6 Tow Truck, and Bucket Wheel Excavator.

The Chiron was $600 so many department stores here simply didn't carry it, and you could only get it by special ordering.

1 hour ago, ShowsOn said:

I worry that this set is so expensive that a lot of the regular stores may not carry it. It may be a special order. The suggested retail price in Australia including 10% tax is going to be $750. This compares to $400 for the recent Technic flagships Rough Terrain Crane, 6 x 6 Tow Truck, and Bucket Wheel Excavator.

The Chiron was $600 so many department stores here simply didn't carry it, and you could only get it by special ordering.

It's a bit funny, because they've never had the Porsche, but they have the Chiron - they are actually having 35% this week, and the Chiron is less than 2100,- compared to 3199,- with the normal pricetag.

So it's hard to say if they'll sell the R9800 when it arrives.

Edited by mortenm

Lego accidently send me the new actuator 15-23m. Pretty much the same like the older one. Just longer ;-). The shaft is less loose. The two parts of the housing seem not to be glued together. But i didn't manage to disassemble it.

actuator.jpg

3 hours ago, Andman said:

Lego accidently send me the new actuator 15-23m. Pretty much the same like the older one. Just longer ;-). The shaft is less loose. The two parts of the housing seem not to be glued together. But i didn't manage to disassemble it.

actuator.jpg

Many applications for these, but one of the first that comes to mind are mobile cranes - parts for lifting the boom.  This was one of the complaints i had for 42009, was that the angle for lifting the boom was only like 45-50 degrees.  Maximal lifting stability occurs at more like 80 degree or so. This part will make that more easily achievable. 

15 hours ago, Andman said:

I have 2 XL yellow sprotckets from one 42095 bought on discount that has some damage (which can be covered by dish 6 x 6). Perhaps Lego could send me dark bluish gray ones as exchange :grin:

Edited by I_Igor
Autocorrect issue

Andman any ideas how to get those actuators from Lego a lot of grove mobile crane owners are to keen to upgrade their boom

3 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

That thing has been around since June.

And my browser says that article is 13 hours old...there is something owfuly screwy going around Google ...

Thanks for info.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

That thing has been around since June.

..i'd not seen it before, so to me it was new.. thanks @I_Igor ! I enjoyed the new-to-me pics.. i'd not the inline clutch in two pieces before. Interesting..  Such a shame those planetary's don't look like they're any good for inboard use. Can't get them tight enough to the diff... Mmmm