4 minutes ago, Anio said:

I have the same feeling.

+1

Well, if they need time to iron out bugs then so be it. I’d rather have something that works as intended, not another 42070

Forgive my crude modification of this users image.  These 3 (probably 4) yellow pin with axle holes to me appear a bit pointless.  They don't appear to add any value.  There is no way Lego would include pieces unless they had to.  I'm kind of wondering if they are a new piece with a double length pin on them?

So like this, https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=15100#T=C but overall 3 long similar to this: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=32054#T=C

This would then made a little sense as they would be connecting the corners of the model together?  Or do others think they serve another purpose?

63810828_2264991480245724_54991329702434

Edited by paul_delahaye

Weren't the yellow pins something to do with the way the real vehicle is delivered and then assembled? The answer may lie way back in the thread but looking for it sounds like a job for someone else

Wow, i have some catching up to do... too much work, not been here...

First thoughts - this is a big beautiful beast, but i'm dreading the price.

The app controller for Control + (?) is way beyond what i expected. Looks brilliant. I'm so far behind on all the different controllers that people are mentioning might be compatible, need to catch up!! If there's a few bugs to iron out, thats ok.. as a developer i've released my fair share to unsuspecting users, so its only right i'm forgiving to others!!!

Its a brilliant control + parts pack, bundled up in a fantastic and brutal set, but some of the prices mentioned are eye-watering.

Not going off topic, or at least not too much, it might be that 42099 is in pole position for me, which is a terrible shame as i love a big scale flagship.. maybe once its out and the stores discount it, it will be a bit less salty. (how awesome are those planetary's by the way?!!) 

11 minutes ago, ukbajadave said:

Weren't the yellow pins something to do with the way the real vehicle is delivered and then assembled? The answer may lie way back in the thread but looking for it sounds like a job for someone else

Yes, they are the lifting points

16 minutes ago, paul_delahaye said:

Forgive my crude modification of this users image.  These 3 (probably 4) yellow pin with axle holes to me appear a bit pointless.  They don't appear to add any value.  There is no way Lego would include pieces unless they had to.  I'm kind of wondering if they are a new piece with a double length pin on them?

So like this, https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=15100#T=C but overall 3 long similar to this: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=32054#T=C

This would then made a little sense as they would be connecting the corners of the model together?  Or do others think they serve another purpose?

they are the lifting points for the real machine, thus they are there for details

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

No. I smell a bit of a cover-up there. TLG has had no problem releasing big sets like these side-by-side before, so why now? I still point the finger at teething problems with CONTROL+.

The only cover up is splitting the 2 very large price tag sets that way there is two hype runs and people have forgotten the price of the 4x4 by the time the 42100 comes along. Lego does not make production errors, the only way production gets behind is they miss interpret the demand and have to schedule more of a certain set of they loose a factory.

1 hour ago, HRU_Bricks said:

The only cover up is splitting the 2 very large price tag sets that way there is two hype runs and people have forgotten the price of the 4x4 by the time the 42100 comes along. Lego does not make production errors, the only way production gets behind is they miss interpret the demand and have to schedule more of a certain set of they loose a factory.

That is legitimate thinking, and it makes sense. But we should not forget that TLG doesn't produce the Control+ unit. So they depend on their supplier.

31 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

In the bottom shot, the 36z gear seems to mesh with the 16z gear. Any idea how the two gears are arranged?

I think that's one of the new 28z gears rater than a 16z one. The teeth look similar.

3 hours ago, HRU_Bricks said:

The only cover up is splitting the 2 very large price tag sets that way there is two hype runs and people have forgotten the price of the 4x4 by the time the 42100 comes along.

I think that is the likely reason. If there were issues with the Control+ stuff, they likely would say something like "we want to further optimize the experience" or something, and not just say they want to make more money with the new release schedule, which is pretty much what they said in one of the videos I saw.

And that's legitimate from my point of view. The "close to Christmas" argument probably also makes sense. Personally, with the new schedule I might get both sets, with the previous it would probably only have been the Liebherr. So I'm pretty sure their strategy works. My son thinks it's better this way, when Daddy gets both of these sets, so one more happy customer :-)

4 hours ago, paul_delahaye said:

These 3 (probably 4) yellow pin with axle holes

They are used to lift the tracks by crane from the delivery truck to the assembly theatre
On youtube you will find a few assembly movies.

Edited by coinoperator

20 minutes ago, coinoperator said:

They are used to lift the tracks by crane from the delivery truck to the assembly theatre
On youtube you will find a few assembly movies.

Thanks for the video. Fascinating to see the size and the modular build process!

Actually this is a quite quick overview
If you search a bit you will find much more extended video's about the building of the R9800

58 minutes ago, henning47 said:

Personally, with the new schedule I might get both sets, with the previous it would probably only have been the Liebherr. So I'm pretty sure their strategy works.

Same for me ... I had only planned to buy the crane and the Liebherr. If I find a decent deal I may buy the 4x4 as well to explore the new controls.

On 6/17/2019 at 3:42 AM, WvG_853 said:

Same for me ... I had only planned to buy the crane and the Liebherr. If I find a decent deal I may buy the 4x4 as well to explore the new controls.

I am in the same boat.  There is a high chance I'll buy the 4x4 then the liebherr 

On 6/17/2019 at 2:37 AM, henning47 said:

And that's legitimate from my point of view. The "close to Christmas" argument probably also makes sense. Personally, with the new schedule I might get both sets, with the previous it would probably only have been the Liebherr. So I'm pretty sure their strategy works. My son thinks it's better this way, when Daddy gets both of these sets, so one more happy customer :-)

I would say that I am more likely to get them both now

On 6/17/2019 at 12:27 AM, Jim said:

That is legitimate thinking, and it makes sense. But we should not forget that TLG doesn't produce the Control+ unit. So they depend on their supplier.

Interesting addition.  When you mention that TLG does not make the Control Plus hub are you referring to the electronics? 

It is a possibility. That idea would flow onto miss interpretating the demand.  The 4x4 will sell well,  but the 42100 will spike at the start then at the first sale then it will sit on the shelf due to the price.  The interest is there but the price kills it. 

On 6/15/2019 at 2:17 PM, coinoperator said:

Are those ribbon cable supposed to drag like that or will there be a way to tuck them away?

But still, it seems, they needed to include some two cable holders more, to keep those cables in place.

Not really. Like I said, those cables can just be pulled taut to move the slack elsewhere.

Edited by Bartybum

On 6/16/2019 at 11:19 AM, kbalage said:

The Spike Prime hub can store/run apps and the Boost hub will have something similar as the Star Wars Droid set needs it. The devs are planning to put a virtual machine on the smaller hubs as well (PU AAA hub / Control+ hub) so they can run apps on they own and not only by receiving commands from the app/remote.  

That would be great if it is true. And even if it's not the case I'm sure some smart people out there in the big digital world will very quickly find a way to do that.

There are six cable holders in that picture off the underneath of the model, 2 red 2 green and 2 yellow. I would say possibly even more hidden inside of it

Wow! What a beast, MK Flagship Work at last! Now i know why he only make small 42079 last year! 

It looks like the control is fantastic... But my eyes are watering at how much this thing is probably going to cost! It is probably going to blow the cars out of the water in terms of cost? Though if it doesn't it will be a very likely purchase for me

1 hour ago, Alternator said:

It looks like the control is fantastic... But my eyes are watering at how much this thing is probably going to cost! It is probably going to blow the cars out of the water in terms of cost? Though if it doesn't it will be a very likely purchase for me

Oh you can definitely count on that. I'm preparing for a worst case estimate of $500-550USD, where:

[~4k pieces * $0.074pp (based on 42082)] + ~$175 (between 150-200) in electronics + 10-15% for licensing = $300 + $175 + ~$50 = $525

Of course add 10% and then round up for an Australian estimate, which brings it to $850AUD.

Time to save :wink:

I wonder if Canada will get an unusually ripper deal like they did with the 42083 Chiron?

Edited by Bartybum