1 hour ago, Yevhen said:

Do you set up 5 legs, when it's enough to set up 4 or even 3 legs to support a table?

Your point?

I like a long build process e.g. for Extreme Adventure, Arocs, and Rough Terrain Crane. I'm a bit concerned that the mechanics may be simplistic in 42100 given the 1 function per motor.

I think it is possible that they wanted a set with 2 hubs and 7 motors as the initial Control+ set because it means they can start mass production of the parts in order to benefit from economies of scale so each individual motor and hub becomes cheaper to manufacture. This will effectively bring down the cost price when the Control+ hubs and motors are included in smaller sets in the future, which means those sets will become more profitable.

I doubt future Control+ flagships will have 7 motors. 2 or 3 plus complex gear boxes seems more likely. Remote controlled gear boxes driving automated pneumatics would be great.

I don't know.

It feels to me that the ability to drive many functions at the same time, is kind of the whole purpose of control+. If you look at PF sets, those that are remote-controlled tend to have multiple motors; each driving a single function (with some exceptions, e.g. 8043 or 42070). 8275 and 42030 come to mind. I'd say that sets that have those gearboxes, benefit relatively little from control+. They just use the motor as a replacement for endless knob operation.

I do know neither... I use gearboxes for fun but when the MOC is a wheel loader or a dump truck I have fun too even without using them... maybe I would have to build a more than 4 functions MOC without gearbox and see how I feel, the MOC would be much better no doubt and maybe I would find the fun in another parts I love like linkages or reinforcements. The obviosly first problem it cames to my mind is that I do not have a single one wire extensor and I go further, do I buy old ones or I wait to see the new ones?.

Edited by jorgeopesi

I've only built one fully remote-controlled set, with nine ten independent functions you can operate all at the same time (provided you have enough finger coordination:laugh: ). The challenges are there for sure, especially on a large model where you need everything to be structurally sound but also as light as possible; but it's not something I'd do again, because I realised during the build that I really missed figuring out complex, efficient gear configurations.

Edited by suffocation
Innumeracy.

17 minutes ago, suffocation said:

because I realised during the build that I really missed figuring out complex, efficient gear configurations.

That is my fear, in a 4 functions MOC, I build so small than the challenge is in the space and I need the less gears as possible but having room I will miss them...

Going off-topic I think, sorry...

Edited by jorgeopesi

For my POV the only license on the set is the sticker! Bcoz thats the only printed item that has the Logo of the license  on it! And you will buy the set! It cost additional 20%+?! And about the looks...not so convincing ???

I hope and i wish that Lego will produce a one(1), only One Technic printed license  pc. ?

Edited by Dylan M

Sorry guys, I am not sure if anybody spotted that. In the promo video of Liebherr at the toy fair, you can see on the smartphone, that when the person is controlling the lego set when its driving uphill, an icon can be seen of a slant angle, and it is varying (20-25°). Do you think it will have some kind of a mechanism or sensor, or it is not gonna be an indicator, just random meaningless, cool looking feature? 

Boost Hub has tilt sensor built in, so good chance the Control+ hub in the Liebherr will also feature tilt sensor.  Previous pages of this thread might have more info :wink:

Yes it has a tilt sensor. Well that is so long as the promo video that Lego used is the final model. The app itself look to display pitch and roll monitors that were feeding data from the hubs to the app. Also if the hardware and software has been developed in Boost and Powered Up it would be easily deployed in Control Plus. I

On 4/17/2019 at 1:53 PM, jorgeopesi said:

Two new buckets could used to build a harbour crane to download ships.

You probably mean a material handler, but this new bucket is not designed to use as clamshell. It is the same if you try to use two Volvo-Buckets (42030) for clamshell - it will not work.  But anyway it would be nice to see a new clamshell buckets of this size.

1 minute ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

You probably mean a material handler, but this new bucket is not designed to use as clamshell. It is the same if you try to use two Volvo-Buckets (42030) for clamshell - it will not work.  But anyway it would be nice to see a new clamshell buckets of this size.

For those who like MOCs that can be sat in? :wacko:

Looking at the front of the superstructure, you can see the sheer weight of the machine... (some LGB beans bending slightly towards the middle)

47738488562_2c8ce2abf1_m.jpg

Edited by Magical Duck

I build the Liebherr R 9800, using the video and photos above.
I didn't buy any additional bricks, so I had to find a solution for a lot of missing bricks.
I works with 2 SBricks and 8 motors.
It's not completely finished. After 3 month of building, I had no desire to continue.

R9800-A.jpg
R9800-B.jpg
R9800-C.jpg
R9800-D.jpg
R9800-E.jpg
R9800-F.jpg
R9800-G.jpg
R9800-H.jpg

@Pruimke I think that you could try to make it with rear 42095 sprockets to make it more appropriate size, but based on video we saw it is really good effort from you :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

This picture contains the image of the new CONTROL+ hub.

lego-422100-technic-liebherr-bauma3.jpg

If my eyesight is correct, I see one hub in superstructure and one in the base (based on those faded white lines)

11 hours ago, incognito said:

According to promobricks.de the release will be postponed to october according to some resellers and lego store employees.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-42100-technic-liebherr-r-8900-verkaufsstart-oktober-verschoben/80286

Interesting. According to the article the delay is due to some parts taking longer to produce. I wonder if it's the control+ elements, some of those are also in the 4x4 SUV thingy, but no mention of that being delayed also. Could it be the bucket or the LAs? Those seem like comparatively simple parts to make compared to the control+ elements. Anyway, better to delay and get it right than release it before it's ready.

Just now, allanp said:

Interesting. According to the article the delay is due to some parts taking longer to produce. I wonder if it's the control+ elements, some of those are also in the 4x4 SUV thingy, but no mention of that being delayed also. Could it be the bucket or the LAs? Those seem like comparatively simple parts to make compared to the control+ elements. Anyway, better to delay and get it right than release it before it's ready.

I heard it was due to problems with CONTROL+ itself.

Just now, allanp said:

Could it be the bucket or the LAs?

XL LA is also present in the spider crane, which is due for release in August.