Just now, suffocation said:

Just colourblind, actually.

Sometimes it is not bad to be colorblind so you do not experience color vomit :grin:

Liebherr has correct color scheme as real machine :thumbup:

I wonder, will these new larger sprocket wheels acually help building larger scale "regular" excavators (like the Volvo CE EC range) or are the current track elements too small in width for them to look realistic?

7 minutes ago, zoo said:

Unfortunately, I think you need to calibrate your screen. They appear to be orange over here.

From where I'm sitting, image no4 the 2 bushings are orange and the technic pins with hole are yellow. If you say the pins are orange then what color are the 2 bushings in image #4 ? Theres a distinct difference in color.

4 minutes ago, Fieldtest said:

From where I'm sitting, image no4 the 2 bushings are orange and the technic pins with hole are yellow. If you say the pins are orange then what color are the 2 bushings in image #4 ? Theres a distinct difference in color.

Sorry, but I'm not following. I'm saying there are 3L pins with bushing that appear to be holding the linear acuators in place and these looks to be orange.

Just now, zoo said:

Sorry, but I'm not following. I'm saying there are 3L pins with bushing that appear to be holding the linear acuators in place and these looks to be orange.

Yes correction, 3L pins are orange here as well. 

It looks like the orange pins are used to easily disconnect the boom and 4 LAs while leaving the 2 boom lift LAs attached to the machine in the same way the real machine is assembled. 

At least I hope that’s the reason for the color...

I think I see some 3L orange pins holding the swivel mechanism together too. 

Edited by supertechnicman

25 minutes ago, efferman said:

The small LA? Seems to open the bucket.

Yes and I think for this bucket

https://www.liebherr.com/en/usa/latest-news/news-press-releases/detail/liebherr-australia-delivers-the-first-custom-made-r-9800-hp-bucket.html

29 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

What a joyful not to know what small L.A.s doing in the machine, be a machine lover is not good sometimes..

Small LAs are for opening this bucket (if I understand correctly)

https://www.liebherr.com/en/usa/latest-news/news-press-releases/detail/liebherr-australia-delivers-the-first-custom-made-r-9800-hp-bucket.html

4 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I know how these machines work since I was a child, it was a joke, I wished not to know it and be happy discovering it. Be ironic and sarcastic in a good way is usual in Spain but is hard to do it here, I would need the tone and the gesture.

Edited by jorgeopesi

Just now, jorgeopesi said:

I know how these machines work since I was a child, it was a joke, I wished not to know it and be happy discovering it.

Sorry for misunderstanding...

I think earlier theories that the lego model itself is modular like the real machine can be (at least partly) disproven with these photos - the superstructure looks like a solid whole to me. Though the boom, turntable, and tracks may still detach relatively easily.

So, these are presumably the hubs:

exc.jpg

Anyone want to guess whether they are the same as the Spike Prime one?  (Different colour, obviously).

lego_spike.0.png

18 minutes ago, aeh5040 said:

So, these are presumably the hubs:

*snipped pics*

Anyone want to guess whether they are the same as the Spike Prime one?  (Different colour, obviously).

I don't think so - we've been told the Liebherr has 2x 4-port hubs. The SPIKE Prime set has a 6-port hub. Also I think the SPIKE Prime hub is more advanced - full Bluetooth as well as BLE, USB connection, program storage and recall, etc.

Edited by Mr Hobbles

4 minutes ago, Mr Hobbles said:

I don't think so - we've been told the Liebherr has 2x 4-port hubs. The SPIKE Prime set has a 6-port hub. Also I think the SPIKE Prime hub is more advanced - full Bluetooth as well as BLE, USB connection, program storage and recall, etc.

Thanks.  It makes sense that they are not - Spike Prime is a programmable system after all, while this is a RC model.  Where did you get the "4-port" information?

Edited by aeh5040

Called it ages ago - the hoses do nothing!

Also, to anyone who's actually seen it in person, how big was it compared to 42055? Going by the size of the tracks relative to the body and arm, it seems like it’s gonna be almost as large.

2 hours ago, aeh5040 said:

Thanks.  It makes sense that they are not - Spike Prime is a programmable system after all, while this is a RC model.  Where did you get the "4-port" information?

At the time the set was announced, it was stated during the press conference. Page 3 of this thread by a guy who was at the press conference. :)

8 hours ago, pleegwat said:

I think earlier theories that the lego model itself is modular like the real machine can be (at least partly) disproven with these photos - the superstructure looks like a solid whole to me. Though the boom, turntable, and tracks may still detach relatively easily.

So it's a good idea to dust off our 42009's for the assembly:laugh:

What do the red barrels / canisters on the back of the superstructure hold? Hydraulic fluid? Diesel fuel?

Edited by ShowsOn

On 4/16/2019 at 5:24 PM, ShowsOn said:

What do the red barrels / canisters on the back of the superstructure hold? Hydraulic fluid? Diesel fuel?

They look like fire suppression cylinders.  They are used to stop fires so that they do not loose the whole machine should a fire start. 

Edited by HRU_Bricks

Just now, HRU_Bricks said:

They look like fire suppression cylinders.  They are used to stop fires so that they do not loose the whole machine should a fire start. 

So they're full of some sort of fire retardant foam?