Hmmmmm must be partly powered by electric power since the actuators are hydraulic.
That means that Liebherr uses both
Diesel electric AND Diesel hydraulics

can you give us a clou why they choose for this?

Because there are so big. 

Its cheaper and easyer to get that power you need with diesel electric engines. Like big trains. They also uses big motors powerd by diesel and they use that energy with transformers for electric power and that runs the wheels also you have the power for any electric part. 

Same by the Liebherr. The pumps are powerd by electric motors. So you have one big Aggregate that powers all the Functions you need. You dont need a direct connection from the motor to pumps. Just take a cable and give that pumps the power where you want and where u need them.

I am driving excavators every day, so iam very excited by this set.

Edited by Lh_Dredger

I hope LEGO makes 42100 a modular build like I did with this RH400 I made in 2011. I like the way they’ve been making the instructions mirror the building process of the real machines lately. 

Would it be that none of the 3 new frames of the Spike Prime set is in 42100 or the other 2H sets? I can see only regular frames in the available 42100 footage. I know it maybe hidden inside but I'm not optimistic about this ?  I hope the eye spotting guys can find something.

7 minutes ago, Samer said:

Would it be that none of the 3 new frames of the Spike Prime set is in 42100 or the other 2H sets?

The 7x11 frame in white is right behind the stairs. You can see it on the other side as well.

Thank you!  Good news. Perhaps grey ones are in the bases then and other colors in the other sets. I'm optimistic now :classic:

On 3/29/2019 at 2:44 PM, Jockos said:

Back on topic, as this Liebherr Will be present on bauma, I hope its (presumably) B model Will also be there! :D

It seems like there is no 42100 at Bauma. 2 members of a german lego forum were looking for it yesterday, but couldn't find it. Only MOCs.

I guess there would have also been a press release if it was there.

Edited by incognito

30 minutes ago, incognito said:

It seems like there is no 42100 at Bauma. 2 members of a german lego forum were looking for it yesterday, but couldn't find it. Only MOCs.

I guess there would have also been a press release if it was there.

I was there yesterday, too, but couldn't even find where these models were...

9 hours ago, Jockos said:

I was there yesterday, too, but couldn't even find where these models were...

As its somehow related to the 42100; Liebherr showed a new dump truck at the bauma:

Liebherr Bauma (at around 4:24)

Maybe this one will be the next model complementing the 42100? On the other hand, as the 236 is the smallest of the Liebherr dump trucks, maybe the bigger T264 will fit better according to the size: Data Manual T264

On 4/9/2019 at 10:47 PM, keymaker said:

Bauma is there, any news?

I was at bauma today. Impressive showcase by Liebherr and overall at the fair. There was a R9200E to see but not R9800. I did imvestigate all around the information booths of Liebherr and finaly got some news on the LEGO model. A friendly fan shop manager lady told me that the LEGO model is infact displayed here on Bauma, but not for general public - only for bussiness partners and higher clearance visitors...siuts and ties so to speak :-(

So we have to wait further...

I can say that I did saw one version of the R9800 - it was a fine detail metal model which was rather big (i believe 1:50) and cost 395 euro in Liebherr fan shop. But Lego model should be larger than this one and as far as we know more expensive...

56 minutes ago, MajklSpajkl said:

I can say that I did saw one version of the R9800 - it was a fine detail metal model which was rather big (i believe 1:50) and cost 395 euro in Liebherr fan shop. But Lego model should be larger than this one and as far as we know more expensive...

This one?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwFmjSGl4BW/

We're the Anti-Social Network, b!tch! :laugh:

Anyway, this is not the first Liebherr-themed set TLG has produced. It may not have had the license, but this particular model bears a few hallmarks:

lego-8295-technic-telescopic-handler-%5B

See the resemblance? The lettering on the engine cover is especially similar.

wheel-loaders-l-566-xpower--liebherr.jpg

25 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

See the resemblance?

Except that clawy thing on front and colour? Not.
Even the chassis is different, Liebherr has articulated one, while that B model has 4 wheel steering.

20 minutes ago, M_longer said:

Except that clawy thing on front and colour? Not.
Even the chassis is different, Liebherr has articulated one, while that B model has 4 wheel steering.

It's really more the branding (namely, Alfredo's AP4WS printing) that resembles that of Liebherr. Plus it wouldn't have been possible to make 8295-B articulated since it's an alternate of a rigid-chassis model. Even in the A model, though the main colours would suggest Caterpillar or similar, the grey wheel hubs and, again, the AP4WS design, suggests Liebherr.