15 hours ago, suffocation said:

Not sure whether or not this has been mentioned already, but I wonder if the B model might be a PR776.

I think it was already mentioned in the forum, and also my oppinion: You can build a face showel (Model A) and a backhoe variant (Model B). Like the 42082, the main chassis would stay the same, just the arm is built differently.

17 minutes ago, Jundis said:

I think it was already mentioned in the forum, and also my oppinion: You can build a face showel (Model A) and a backhoe variant (Model B). Like the 42082, the main chassis would stay the same, just the arm is built differently.

Well that's just dull. :hmpf_bad:

For B model we are limited in choices by no wheels and no strings. I think that leaves not many options,  such as another excavator or some  LEGO fantasy "Futuristic ...." model.

4 minutes ago, Samer said:

For B model we are limited in choices by no wheels and no strings. I think that leaves not many options,  such as another excavator or some  LEGO fantasy "Futuristic ...." model.

IIWVF3n.jpg

1 hour ago, Jundis said:

Thats indeed the most likely to happen

3 minutes ago, coinoperator said:

Thats indeed the most likely to happen

It would be better that there are hidden wheels / tires and B-model adds dumper to excavator :grin:

8 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think Liebherr Mine Dump Truck will appear in the near future to be a complementary set with the excavator.

I think too...

I'm hoping for the PR776 as well, that would be just brilliant. Another hoe with the reversed bucket IMHO is not really pushing TLG design team is it.. In any case I'm looking forward to obtaining the instructions and purchasing the new control system- as I already have large investments in technic pieces and bricks.. 

Does anyone know why the front sprockets are covered but the rear sprockets have some kinda discs attached to it?

To work with the excavator the dumper has to be a big build. So its not realistic to think it would be included. 

I agree it may come later as another utilization of the license agreement. It is going to be a very nice looking big truck. 

On 3/30/2019 at 8:38 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Does anyone know why the front sprockets are covered but the rear sprockets have some kinda discs attached to it?

The rear sprockets will be the hydraulic drive for the tracks. It will be exposed to gain access and maintenance.  It probably weighs 2 tons easy

5 minutes ago, HRU_Bricks said:

The rear sprockets will be the hydraulic drive for the tracks. It will be exposed to gain access and maintenance.  It probably weighs 2 tons easy

Yes I agree. The rear sprockets are exposed to check and fill the hydraulic fluid. The front is equipped with a large roller and doesnt need any maintenance other than when it wears out and needs replacing but not very often. 

3 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

How does hydraulic drive the tracks though?

The hydraulics run the tracks and cylinders through hydraulic pumps. This is most common in heavy equipment. 

5 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

How does hydraulic drive the tracks though? 

With hydromotors

Acutally ALL Excavators, Cranes, Bulldozers, large mining trucks etc etc have the motor(s) drive an hydraulic pump(s)
with the generated oilpressure is all mechanic action driven, actuators as wel as motors

most large locomotives use the same system

Edited by coinoperator

I mean like, the way I imagine hydraulics is that oil is pumped into a cylinder and presses the cylinder to expand or retract. I still can't imagine how that transfers into circular motion to drive locomotion.

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Inside the rear sprockets are the Hydraulic motors while the front sprockets are passive.
not sure about the front or rear but they are different.

Edited by coinoperator

4 minutes ago, coinoperator said:

Inside the rear sprockets are the Hydraulic motors while the front sprockets are passive.
not sure about the front or rear but they are different.

Typically the hydraulic pumps are external with hoses going from the pumps to the cylinders, turntable, drive sprockets etc.. unless liebherr states in there technical manuals that the pumps are internal..

2 hours ago, Fieldtest said:

check and fill the hydraulic fluid.

Hydraulic fluid is not checked and filled.
These machines have an automated oil level control and thats NOT located at the drivemotors or actuators but near the pumps and buffertank

The motors have a fixed level of hydraulic fluid but the actuators are during expansion filled with a large amount of it
Thus there is somewhere a LARGE supply of this in what is called the buffer tank
In a machine like the R9800 this will be a real HUGE tank cause is will have to contain all the expansion fluid for ALL actuators

so no level control like a engine :-)

Just now, Fieldtest said:

Typically the hydraulic pumps are external with hoses going from the pumps to the cylinders, turntable, drive sprockets etc.. unless liebherr states in there technical manuals that the pumps are internal..

The pump is directly mounted to the engine
the fluid goes to all external drive systems

please don't post wrong info here

Just now, coinoperator said:

Hydraulic fluid is not checked and filled.
These machines have an automated oil level control and thats NOT located at the drivemotors or actuators but near the pumps and buffertank

The motors have a fixed level of hydraulic fluid but the actuators are during expansion filled with a large amount of it
Thus there is somewhere a LARGE supply of this in what is called the buffer tank
In a machine like the R9800 this will be a real HUGE tank cause is will have to contain all the expansion fluid for ALL actuators

so no level control like a engine :-)

Oh ok. I work in this industry using a 390f and 973k and  the  sprocket fluid level here are checked and filled right at the sprocket. There is also a hydraulic tank for expansion, contraction and fill.

I suppose that the level you are talking about is the lubrication system.
This is a separate system and that one is indeed located at the wheels etc.
If that level goes low or drops away the bearing will be damaged in no time, same as the crank in your car, no oil pressure is game over in seconds.
Actually these bearings float on oil and don't even touch each other.

The hydraulic level however goes up and down in the buffer while the machine is operated
there is some level control yes but you understand that this level is quite dynamic and can only be seen at the buffer.

Edited by coinoperator

I will help here a bit for explenation ,as a mechanic for Hyundai construction equipment .

As some spoke here ,all hydraulic excavators are driven and operated by hydraulic oil ,cilinders will operated by yoystick control ,oil deliverd by hydraulic pump with reguleted flow thru the main control valve .

The tracks are driven by an hydraulic motor oil flow com's from main control valve controlled by two levers ,same principal as pump with swash plate where you can regulate the flow .

Oil fom upper structure to the drive motors go's thru a central device .

The Liebherr model that's build from Lego techic is in real life a machine that's powerd with electric power .

Edited by technicbuilder