Looking forward to seeing some more photos of this huge model,

While looking at the photos and reading all this thread, i couldn't stop but wonder where is Lego heading with these huge sets,

Last three years the part count has constantly went up - where are they heading? 10k parts. I mean when will these toys stop being toys.

I know it is a little off-topic but still...

And as a side note, I will be getting this awesome set for my son (most likely when it will hit the stores) for Christmas.

34 minutes ago, LeechLord said:

While looking at the photos and reading all this thread, i couldn't stop but wonder where is Lego heading with these huge sets,

Last three years the part count has constantly went up - where are they heading? 10k parts. I mean when will these toys stop being toys.

That is a concern of mine as well. Make no mistake, this Liebherr looks amazing but it's very big, and very expensive. Most licensed models up to now have had reasonable parts counts and prices, bar a certain supercar which I don't even consider Technic, although 2017's flagship was actually comparatively small. Way overpriced though and it wasn't even licensed... :hmpf:

21 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

That is a concern of mine as well. Make no mistake, this Liebherr looks amazing but it's very big, and very expensive. Most licensed models up to now have had reasonable parts counts and prices, bar a certain supercar which I don't even consider Technic, although 2017's flagship was actually comparatively small. Way overpriced though and it wasn't even licensed... :hmpf:

Also if you come to think about it, the whole idea behind Technic was to make teenagers more familiar with how different mechanisms work and to put into 3d some of the things they were learning in school over various disciplines. Today i believe it has turned into "this year's flagship will let you build the biggest thing ever while using a ton of batteries". Oh and don't get me started on the instruction manuals... I was looking through some of my old sets and in 20 pages you could fit both model A and B. Nowadays you need a whole step just so that you turn the model in a different perspective. And they wonder why people are getting less and less attentive to details and inventive.... But then again maybe it is just me... and everything is just going along in a orderly and fashionable way....

43 minutes ago, LeechLord said:

had reasonable parts counts

I don't think this model will have a huge load of parts
it's more a lot of electronics that makes it expensive

also the size won't be much more or even equal to the BWE
and there is also a chance that they add a truck to it like with the BWE

nevertheless, you won't hear me complain if I'm completely wrong :laugh:

Edited by coinoperator

3 minutes ago, coinoperator said:

I don't think this model will have a huge load of parts
it's more a lot of electronics that makes it expensive

also the size won't be much more or even equal to the BWE

nevertheless, you won't hear me complain if I'm completely wrong :laugh:

it is already confirmed that part count is 4108

1 minute ago, Ivan_M said:

it is already confirmed that part count is 4108

okay, so that as good as a comfirmation that there is 225 bucks of parts and 225 bucks of electronics, motors and software to it
this also confirms that the size is about the same as the BWE and RTC

Edited by coinoperator

2 minutes ago, coinoperator said:

you won't hear me complain

Neither will I, but i was just curious where will this is going to lead? This set will be over 4k parts (4,108 to be precise), 42082 had 4056 parts, BWE was 3956 parts. So i see a steady increase in part number in flagship sets. My curiosity was - where is this going? 5k, 6k, - 10k flagship sets? And to what extent will those sets be considered toys anymore?!

1 hour ago, LeechLord said:

Today i believe it has turned into "this year's flagship will let you build the biggest thing ever while using a ton of batteries". Oh and don't get me started on the instruction manuals... I was looking through some of my old sets and in 20 pages you could fit both model A and B. Nowadays you need a whole step just so that you turn the model in a different perspective. And they wonder why people are getting less and less attentive to details and inventive.... But then again maybe it is just me... and everything is just going along in a orderly and fashionable way....

I think there is a little bit more behind this. At first, TLC wants to run a profitable business, therefor they look at the sales figures. If bigger models sale well, they do more of if. Also the technic fanbase, and not only aduits, built bigger MOCs, which is a definite sign, there is a community that wants bigger technic models.

The other point you are making is maybe more logical if you consider, that at first the Technic branch should be more accessible to a bigger community, where some haven't had any experience with Lego Technic at all. Therefor if a complete newbie choose a new, big Technic set, he or she should be able without any problems, to build this one according to the given manuals. It would be a real bummer if you make a single mistake because of a poorly or rushed build pic in the manual which then leads to a complete failure of the functionality. Coming back to the 42100, it would be kinda depressing to rebuild 1000+ bricks just to correct one failure because of a missed pin. In regards to this, older models needed more experience and maybe were 'harder' to build, but also had less complicated building techniques and way less bricks, so mistakes were faster/easier to fix.

On the other hand, i agree to a certain point, that the manuals should increase a little bit in difficulty, especially when it's officially stated there is a "complex building experience" for some big models. 

1 hour ago, LeechLord said:

Neither will I, but i was just curious where will this is going to lead? This set will be over 4k parts (4,108 to be precise), 42082 had 4056 parts, BWE was 3956 parts. So i see a steady increase in part number in flagship sets. My curiosity was - where is this going? 5k, 6k, - 10k flagship sets? And to what extent will those sets be considered toys anymore?!

Everything is a toy, depend of your point of view ;)

Waiting for 10k technic set! To defeat SW fans.

30 minutes ago, blondasek said:

Everything is a toy, depend of your point of view ;)

Waiting for 10k technic set! To defeat SW fans.

There Will always be a bigger fish at SW I think… and if Technic's part number ever exceeds the new UCS MilF's part count, it won't be in 5 years, I "afraid"...

Back on topic, as this Liebherr Will be present on bauma, I hope its (presumably) B model Will also be there! :D

I read somewhere in this thread or maybe in the Technic forum something along the line of we need a bucket but instead get a shovel. What's the difference between a bucket and a shovel for excavators? And for this model can't we just flip the shovel to the inside to turn the arm into the conventional backhoe configuration?

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

7 hours ago, Lh_Dredger said:

I will be there and making some photos ;)

Great :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Jockos said:

There Will always be a bigger fish at SW I think… and if Technic's part number ever exceeds the new UCS MilF's part count, it won't be in 5 years, I "afraid"...

Back on topic, as this Liebherr Will be present on bauma, I hope its (presumably) B model Will also be there! :D

Wait, somebody just said LEGO UCS MILF?
I am very interested now... :grin:

5 minutes ago, agrof said:

Interesting kind of mother but not for f-word

27 minutes ago, suffocation said:

Not sure whether or not this has been mentioned already, but I wonder if the B model might be a PR776.

no

2 hours ago, agrof said:

Sorry, sometimes I feel we need to lighten up on this forum - so naturally, I love this. 

Enjoy the show boys....

1440883408m_SPLASH.jpg

1 hour ago, coinoperator said:

WHAWHAWHAWHAWHAW
ROTFLMAO

but serious
There is only ONE big serious problem with this set

I mean BIG

Are you referring to the price?

1 hour ago, nerdsforprez said:

Are you referring to the price?

No,