I'm buying this!, heres why:

x6 new large linear actuators - AWESOME

New 7x5x1 frame(s) - AWESOME

New motors - AWESOME

New control hub - AWESOME

Everything else such as recolors, parts count etc - AWESOME

You know what this set is? AWESOME.

I'd rather get a 2nd 42082.

The video of the Liebherr driving up that small pile of dirt was pretty pathetic.

1 hour ago, 3797 said:

The video of the Liebherr driving up that small pile of dirt was pretty pathetic.

Are you serious? It’s an excavator not a monster truck. What do you expect it to do?

3 hours ago, 3797 said:

Now that's funny, those machines don't load a bucket of dirt then drive over to a dump truck, in fact they move very slowly and rarely over any sort of terrain, also they generally get built on site and remain there for their entire usable existence. 

5 hours ago, 3797 said:

I'm buying this!, heres why:

x6 new large linear actuators - AWESOME

New 7x5x1 frame(s) - AWESOME

New motors - AWESOME

New control hub - AWESOME

Everything else such as recolors, parts count etc - AWESOME

You know what this set is? AWESOME.

YES!! Well said my friend! I agree completely!!

5 hours ago, 3797 said:

I'd rather get a 2nd 42082

Why? Been there and done it.. new parts and a new build is much more interesting.

3 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I'd look for a completely manual MOD for this set. 4 knobs, 4 functions. 3 functions of the arm and 1 for the bucket.

That'd be kinda boring. What about a single knob going through a gearbox with four switches? The gearbox can be designed so that up to all four functions can be driven at the same time.

12 hours ago, 3797 said:

Strange choice, 42082 is kinda mediocre model for its range.

5 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I'd look for a completely manual MOD for this set. 4 knobs, 4 functions. 3 functions of the arm and 1 for the bucket.

Really? Manually driving regular LAs is tedious enough, let alone ones twice as long!

17 hours ago, 3797 said:

But you wouldn't get anything new with 42082. And considering it has two battery boxes, 7 motors and over 4000 parts ide say it's driving ability is respectable for an excavator. Not great for an off road buggy but then it's not an off road buggy, it's a whopping excavator.

27 minutes ago, allanp said:

But you wouldn't get anything new with 42082.

Exactly... sometimes it feels like 'principle' gets in the way. I love 42082, but why would i want 2? (unless my collection isn't very big and piece count/£ is the goal..) Every new set gets kicked, its as though people default setting is to be negative, find fault, reasons to not want it. Porsche? Kicking. 42082? Kicking. 42070? Kicking..ok fair enough on that one :classic:, Bugatti? Kicking. Thought the F in afol was for 'Fan'?!! 

Oddball : Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?   (Awesome film!!)

On 2/8/2019 at 6:44 AM, I_Igor said:

Yes, but as someone already said lots of our mocs cost even more...just look at @Jeroen Ottens masterpiece (also Liebherr :grin: )

Yep, Jeroen Ottens [MOC] Liebherr LTM11200 crane, is real nice!

I do have 3 non technic mocs, well, 1 built, 1 started and last 1 waiting for it turn. 3 different F1's by RoscoPC. Got all parts in 2017. Ate a lot of money.

Permanent disability and fixed income, since late 2016. So if something... like a PC breaks down, then that takes all Lego cash and more.

Is real nice too!

@Shiva, first if all I'm very sorry for permanent disability :sad: I'm temporary (with my left eye, but it could be fixed with LASIK...one day when it stabilizes). I have also one finished moc which will be redesigned in few weeks and one is currently under construction, but unfortunately none if them us crane... perhaps one day with 94.3 tires...

Regards

I like part RC, part motorised sets - something a lot of folks balk at - so a likely mod for me would be to keep the undercarriage as it is (or double the motors if it's underpowered) and replace the multiple motors in the superstructure with just one motor and a distribution gearbox. 

It is strange... In case of 42082 - "only one motor for couple of functions, blee, I will add more motors", but in case of 42100 it is other way around - "one motor for function - neee, I will change it to one motor and fancy gearbox". It is nothing personal, it is just my general obserwation.

It's the challenges you find for yourself. I wouldn't be surprised at pneumatic MODs of 42100 either. Though I don't know if the cylinders get large enough.

31 minutes ago, keymaker said:

It is strange... In case of 42082 - "only one motor for couple of functions, blee, I will add more motors", but in case of 42100 it is other way around - "one motor for function - neee, I will change it to one motor and fancy gearbox". It is nothing personal, it is just my general obserwation.

It's about modding opportunities. With 42082 there's the challenge of fitting all the necessary motors into a relatively dense model; with a fully RC model there's the challenge of designing an effective and efficient gearbox and blending the switches in with the bodywork.

Personally, this will be on my must have list for various reasons:

1) New control system

2) Sh&t load of parts

3) Love construction models, feels like technic was made for these.

4) I'm a big set whore!

So I heard people want a pneumatic mod for this set

I'd prefer this to the upcoming set.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

By the way,
Quite cynic but these kind of machines will soon belong to our history.
First the BWE, now the 9800.
Both open air miners, coal mining..
A mining industry that is slowly coming to an end because of the gigantic impact on the environment.

Just now, coinoperator said:

By the way,
Quite cynic but these kind of machines will soon belong to our history.
First the BWE, now the 9800.
Both open air miners, coal mining..
A mining industry that is slowly coming to an end because of the gigantic impact on the environment.

Seems like a good reason to celebrate these monuments of engineering now rather than later.

People will always need energy and this talk about environment is actually talk about taxes, did anyone ask him/herself how much does cost (and pollutes environment) disposal of batteries from electro-mobiles after the reach their end of life? Technology will be always be there as long humans need energy; and btw there is a version with 2 gigantic electro powerplants on excavator not just 2 V16 engines...

For that price it better has a B-model (and why not a C, D, and E also). However given it's a licensed model I'm afraid that's not going to happen. 

Another thing: why 7 motors? The rough terrain crane has 5 motorised functions and uses just a single motor. I think that's way more elegant than going "brute force" and using a separate motor for every function.