4 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

be nice if the building replicates these modules

Well, the Bugatti is a prime example of replicating modularity... and you know how that turned out.

5 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

Intersting video showing how its shipped to site in modules and built up.... be nice if the building replicates these modules

Good question! The Porsche is definitely precedent for trying to recreate the real-life building process for the vehicle in the building process of the set. But as a motorized, remote controlled vehicle i'm not sure whether that'd be more or less practical than designing the build process from scratch.

1 hour ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Well, the Bugatti is a prime example of replicating modularity... and you know how that turned out.

I think there’s a difference when talking about construction machinery, which tends to be modular and more geometrically simple in design. I have faith that if they do that with this set it’ll work.

1 hour ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

and you know how that turned out.

Eeek!

The arocs felt very modular to build and i think is one of the best building experiences, for me BWE comes second as it was just proper technic building style. beams and frames and more frames and beams. A joy to build. I don't like making random fiddly bits that make no sense.. Claas was like that, didn't enjoy that build very much.

I'm hoping for the big hairy chested style of BWE with the modularity of arocs. I already love its looks, and seeing the live data feedback to the app made my wallet open.... 

Can it be labeled as UCS..? 

I hope the box/Packaging is specially the same as UCS!

And again... the Price will separate us all.. 

...I'm gonna buy it ...x2? 

That's one of my ultimate reward this year

1 hour ago, Dylan M said:

Who cares what it can be labelled as? I thought Lego was about building, playing & MOCing value, instead I see more and more folks flaunting it as a status symbol or leveraging it as an investment.

3 hours ago, Dylan M said:

I am sure it will not be labeled UCS,  nor should it. However that will not prevent people from calling it just that. 

I am also digging this set and very much want it, however I will wait until we learn a little bit more about it before deciding whether to buy it or not, I will continue to save for it none the less. 

In the "Future set wishes and speculation" i wrote this back in 2016

One set i guess would be successful with everyone would be a proper, well done, large mining truck. Not articulated. Your standard big-as-a-house dump truck. IR-remote controlled, fake V12 engine, PF lights. Could be a licensed Liebherr/Caterpillar/Komatsu set. Could either use 6 unimog wheels or some newer, larger ones. I have seen MOCs of mining trucks using unimog wheels and they look great.

A large mining shovel would complement this perfectly. Could be done inside the new record number of parts set by the BWE.

Guess i'm getting my wish fulfilled and honestly i couldn't be happier. A 7motor machine far exceeds my expectations, this is well within MOC territory. I'm guessing one of the more popular mods to this will be switching it from a mining shovel to an excavator since the real life model offers both options (backhoe attachment or face shovel attachment). 

Perhaps, the modders now begin to change this set in a non RC version, get rid of the motors and replace it by complex gearbox/drivetrains :D

Edited by Frequenzberater

3 hours ago, Frequenzberater said:

Perhaps, the modders now begin to change this set in a non RC version, get rid of the motors and replace it by complex gearbox/drivetrains :D

that would be very nice, but there is a big problem if you omit RC drive, you have steering complications :wink:

On 1/30/2019 at 9:48 AM, mpj said:

I don't like the real machine, but this model is a must-buy in my opinion.

It looks strong and functional, so I will build it for fun and to learn something new, and then disassemble it and use the parts for an other excavator. :excited:

Liebherr is a good choice, so we can have white machines and not yellow as usual. I expect a big dumper in the future, if the collaboration between Liebherr and Lego will go on in the next years...

We were waiting for a big excavator bucket... and now we have a front shovel bucket... and it is DBG... great! :sarcasm_hmpf:

Since the Liebherr brand and the new sprocket wheel, we can expect:

new bulldozers (8275 is expensive right now...): liebherr-pr776-crawler-dozer-1.jpg

a top notch crane: liebherr-ltm-11200-9-1-working-position-

And.. why not? A Concrete mixer... 23275-10320399.jpg

Edited by Rygar

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

that would be very nice, but there is a big problem if you omit RC drive, you have steering complications :wink:

That's exactly the case. I tried it a few years ago with a six-function crawler crane - including a subtractor - all driven by one motor. The superstructure worked decently but the amount of backlash that built up by the time the drive reached the tracks made it virtually unplayable.

800x600.jpg

@suffocation I have also tried, but had similar problem; I have even tried to make complete manual model but it was much worse than your first attempt to make RTC 

you can reduce backlash significantly if you put a big gear reduction right at the end, ideally with a worm gear as this stops and back-torque. The final reduction divides the backlash by its reduction..

The gear reduction before the diffs was indeed all wormgear-to-z24. The fact is, by the time you go from the motor through the distribution gearbox (1 motor driving 6 functions, not 3 driving 6 à la 8043) through the turntable you're already screwed. Plus, even a 1-motor version of the Liebherr is likely to be considerably heavier than 8043.

20 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Nice model!

But I would need a Nice Lottery win to be able to afford it...

Yes, but as someone already said lots of our mocs cost even more...just look at @Jeroen Ottens masterpiece (also Liebherr :grin: )

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Yes, but as someone already said lots of our mocs cost even more...just look at @Jeroen Ottens masterpiece (also Liebherr :grin: )

Mine are cheaper, none of them exit a long time so I don`t spend a lot of money.

Just now, jorgeopesi said:

Mine are cheaper, none of them exit a long time so I don`t spend a lot of money.

That is good philosophy; in recent months I think about making mocs from parts that I already have just to buy few needed parts and not sets... Few days ago my wife (when she saw this 42100 set) asked me what I need to make it in the same scale of my Unimog, Fastrac... and except extra extra big linear actuators and sprockets the rest is dooable, but then I where it will be stored (with some 85 studs theoretical length...) Perhaps 42100 looks expensive tio us because he have to "spent" some 450€ at once and not in several orders how we do with our MOCs :wink:

I have different approach that you because after several use parts are a bit worn out, so I try keep my mocs assembled

Regards Jorge

I have to take a look to my dumper maybe its scale is closer to the Liebherr, I think it is a little big but I don`t know yet.

15 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

I have to take a look to my dumper maybe its scale is closer to the Liebherr, I think it is a little big but I don`t know yet.

To me it looks like LIebherr is some 1:35 scale, but I could be wrong :wink:

I'm buying this!, heres why:

x6 new large linear actuators - AWESOME

New 7x5x1 frame(s) - AWESOME

New motors - AWESOME

New control hub - AWESOME

Everything else such as recolors, parts count etc - AWESOME

You know what this set is? AWESOME.

Edited by SNIPE

5 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

New motors - AWESOME

I will be waiting for your review of the set.

2 hours ago, SNIPE said:

New motors - AWESOME

I just hope that it is not a beginning of new legend of awesomeness :laugh:

2 hours ago, SNIPE said:

I don't really review sets because people like jangbricks, sariel, AustrianLegoFan, etc already do a great job of it. :)

...and you forgot someone with best photography skills - @Jim