when I went to my local lego store yesterday an employee told me they are due for release in august so that's confirmed it for me

if they theme is a success though I wonder what other builds they can do as we have a fantastic variety in the 8 sets already

37 minutes ago, TheGlynreaper said:

if they theme is a success though I wonder what other builds they can do as we have a fantastic variety in the 8 sets already

Well, out of the subject matter covered in the first wave one (two depending on how you look at it) glaring exception/s come to mind.

Unless Newbury High is a boarding school, Jack and Parker don't have anywhere to live. 

I could definitely see a future wave's flagship set being a big haunted "Parker Mansion", where Parker's no-doubt-rich-af parents live and disapprove of their rebellious punk teenage daughter. Probably a smaller house for Jack at some point, too. Or vice versa.

I could also definitely see a haunted supermarket. A shoutout to that one episode of Gravity Falls, maybe?

3 hours ago, TheGlynreaper said:

when I went to my local lego store yesterday an employee told me they are due for release in august so that's confirmed it for me

Oh, I can think of tons of directions they could take the theme. Its down-to-earth subject matter that gets elevated to fantasy with "haunted" features means that the range of subject matter it could cover is nearly as broad as themes like City or Friends.

A few ideas I've had:

• A fair/amusement park. Honestly, like with Friends, you could potentially even make a whole wave of sets focused on this conceit. Haunted roller coaster, haunted ferris wheel, haunted carousel... the list goes on and on.
  • A farm setting. Either a physical building like a barn and silo, a haunted vehicle like a tractor or crop duster... potentially even both! I'm sure City fans would love to see the farm setting revisited, especially if it came with some farm animals.
  • A shopping mall. There's so much that could be done with that sort of setting due to the variety of stores and businesses.
  • An arcade! A fitting setting for the hip young protagonists to visit, and one that could offer all sorts of interesting haunted arcade machines.
  • A pizzeria. One of the most classic and iconic types of Lego restaurants, and one that could offer features like a haunted oven.
  • A bowling alley. What if the alley turned into a huge mouth that "ate" the ball and pins?
  • A haunted hotel. One of those classic spooky sorts of locations.
  • A haunted car wash! Another great sort of business that can feel spooky (perhaps with the brushes being replaced by spikes or teeth).

That's not even getting into the vast potential for vehicles. I've already MOCed a haunted hot air balloon on LDD and have been trying to come up with a ghost-fighting helicopter or airplane to fight it.

I only just now noticed this theme and was completely blown away. It looks like the perfect mix between Monster Fighters, Ghostbusters and Scooby Doo.

Do we know anything about pricing? I hope the app stuff doesn't push the prices too high up, as I don't care about that part.

8 minutes ago, Hive said:

Do we know anything about pricing? I hope the app stuff doesn't push the prices too high up, as I don't care about that part.

Pricing so far seems fair, only the Train set is outside of the normal price range.

https://brickset.com/article/43695

Prices for the Lab and Diner are estimates, the others I got from the article.

Lab - $19.99, €19.99

Boat  - £24.99, $29.99, €29.99

Graveyard - £24.99, $29.99, €29.99

Truck - £34.99, $39.99, €39.99

Diner - $49.99, €49.99

Bus - £54.99, $59.99, €59.99

Train - £69.99, $89.99, €79.99

School -  £109.99, $129.99, €119.99

Edited by TeriXeri

11 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Pricing so far seems fair, only the Train set is outside of the normal price range.

https://brickset.com/article/43695

Prices for the Lab and Diner are estimates, the others I got from the article.

Lab - $19.99, €19.99

Boat  - £24.99, $29.99, €29.99

Graveyard - £24.99, $29.99, €29.99

Truck - £34.99, $39.99, €39.99

Diner - $49.99, €49.99

Bus - £54.99, $59.99, €59.99

Train - £69.99, $89.99, €79.99

School -  £109.99, $129.99, €119.99

Thanks a bunch!

I'm looking to get at least the School, the Diner and the Boat - and likely also the Graveyard. Great colours, great parts, great figures.