Robert8

HIDDEN SIDE - 2019

16 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Can you post cover? Thanks

The cover is here

The next issue (out early December) has Parker, with smartphone and laptop.

Parker is shown at 2:53. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Recently built the graveyard set. enjoyed it way more than i expected to. I'm in danger of getting all of them at this rate.

On 5/16/2019 at 4:33 PM, MAB said:

There's got to be a haunted lighthouse.

I thought so, and it is the best set of the new wave.

On 11/9/2019 at 11:41 AM, Cut the Kragle said:

Did a review of the latest Hidden Side mag if anyone fancies a look. 

I've read on a website that this magazine will only have four issues in total. That's probably just Europe, as America always has more then us

5 hours ago, Fifulin said:

I've read on a website that this magazine will only have four issues in total. That's probably just Europe, as America always has more then us

America doesn't even get these magazines as far as I'm aware...

6 hours ago, Fifulin said:

Link? I think that’s highly doubtful, it has a monthly print run of at least 10 months, to just after next summer which may be the final wave 3 sets. As for beyond that who knows, but they’ve only just put out the final Nexo mag, well over a year since the theme was retired.

Edited by Lucarex

1 hour ago, Lucarex said:

As for beyond that who knows, but they’ve only just put out the final Nexo mag, well over a year since the theme was retired.

That just shows how much it varies per region, for The Netherlands, the last Nexo Magazine (issue 9 of 2018) came out 20 December 2018.

Edited by TeriXeri

17 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Link? I think that’s highly doubtful, it has a monthly print run of at least 10 months, to just after next summer which may be the final wave 3 sets. As for beyond that who knows, but they’ve only just put out the final Nexo mag, well over a year since the theme was retired.

https://send.cz/casopis/1228/lego-reg-hidden-side-trade#harmonogram

It's in Czech, so you probably won't understand. This says, that there are only four issues coming, the first one in January, the second one in April, the third one July, the fourth in October, all in 2020

13 minutes ago, Fifulin said:

https://send.cz/casopis/1228/lego-reg-hidden-side-trade#harmonogram

It's in Czech, so you probably won't understand. This says, that there are only four issues coming, the first one in January, the second one in April, the third one July, the fourth in October, all in 2020

Could be true, a theme like Jurassic World got 4 magazines in 2019, Lego Movie 2 had 2 magazines in 2019

Hidden Side so far had 2 magazines come out (Jack and Pizza courier gifts)

The number of magazines overall vary a lot, 2018 City had 6, 2019 City has 12. Nexo Knights had 11 in 2016, 12 in 2017 and 9 in 2018.

As for other magazines, there's Friends, Ninjago and Batman as well.

Brickset has the little LEGO set gifts listed, which happen to be 100% the same as I've seen appear in stores in my country (The Netherlands)

It's just that magazines are handled by localized publishers/translators so exact magazine publish dates may vary per country.

Edited by TeriXeri

In the UK, issue 3 is out 11th December, which makes it three issues in just 10 weeks. 

But I can see them moving to quarterly from January to be fair. Sorry for my misunderstanding thinking you were saying only 4 issues in total. That last one in October 2020 coincides with the possible mooted end of the theme.

Edited by Lucarex
Misreading post!

17 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Has anyone taken a stab at motorising the Ghost Train? I’ve tried, but it’s very difficult. Anyone in the same boat?

Would it be possible to fake it by making an additional car and motorizing that (so that it pushes the engine and pulls the other cars)? That feels to me like it'd be the easiest solution (and the only one that wouldn't necessitate gutting the engine), but I'm not exactly a train expert.

Well, the series is on again!

And, plot twist, the principal from the High School is Jack’s mother! How did we not know about this before now?

EDIT: I just checked the description of the High School, and Rosa Davids (the principal) does indeed have the same surname as Jack. I guess no one noticed before now. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296

On 1/30/2020 at 11:16 PM, Feng-huang0296 said:

And, plot twist, the principal from the High School is Jack’s mother! How did we not know about this before now?

EDIT: I just checked the description of the High School, and Rosa Davids (the principal) does indeed have the same surname as Jack. I guess no one noticed before now. 

It was part of his profile on the official HS page since before the first wave even hit store shelves, that he was 'the new kid in town who's mother was also the principal' or something to that effect. It was actually finally meeting Parker's parents that kind of surprised me in that episode. They've been completely absent from the narrative until now.

Edit: https://www.lego.com/en-us/campaigns/kids/hidden-side/season-1

Edited by klinton
Added link.

The LEGO Group confirmed in the 2019 financial report that Hidden Side performed well.

"We are also satisfied with the performance of our IP sets and our new theme LEGO Hidden Side which seamlessly blends building and augmented reality.”

(Quote from the LEGO Group 2019 financial report)

There's been rumors going around that the Hidden Side sets are failing, but it seems like those rumors weren't true.

Edited by Lego David

8 minutes ago, Lego David said:

There's been rumors going around that the Hidden Side sets are failing, but it seems like those rumors weren't true.

....and I'm glad to hear that. 

On 12/7/2019 at 1:21 PM, Lyichir said:

Would it be possible to fake it by making an additional car and motorizing that (so that it pushes the engine and pulls the other cars)? That feels to me like it'd be the easiest solution (and the only one that wouldn't necessitate gutting the engine), but I'm not exactly a train expert.

If I get to keep my job (so far, so good), I am considering getting another set in order to have two locomotives and four cars.  I would probably gut the interior of one and place the battery box where the whole bat wing assembly folds.  The train motor would then be used below that.   The top would need to be modified for easy access to replace the batteries.  Nice thing is the the cars are basically the same at the bottom and the "cargo" is detachable.  You could easily swap the cargo out to have them carry the containers or something else.