Robert8

HIDDEN SIDE - 2019

I know enough German to know what flugzeug means! A Hidden Side plane sounds nice to me. Also looks like a subway station, a lighthouse, a dune buggy and a....ghost fair? Next year could be pretty great. Speaking of next year, there's a black and reddish-brown version of Jake's hoodie on Instagram, though it seems like it's for the Ninjago line.

Just seen a leaked Ninjago minifig using Jack's hood and baseball cap piece in new colours. Black hood and reddish brown for the cap with camo style printing in dark and olive green.

Really cool to see the piece in a different colour and even though the matching torso piece has a Ninjago symbol on it, I could easily see them both being used to create an alternate costume for Jack.

Speaking of variants. Seems the "leaked" slimed up Jack minifig has been revealed to be a fake Photoshop job...

I'm still hoping that we'll get some new versions of the characters in different costumes for the next wave though.

5 hours ago, Cut the Kragle said:

Speaking of variants. Seems the "leaked" slimed up Jack minifig has been revealed to be a fake Photoshop job...

I'm still hoping that we'll get some new versions of the characters in different costumes for the next wave though.

Has that been confirmed? Where? Disappointing . . 

The app does have code for a ‘YouTuber Parker’. It’s likely.

6 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Has that been confirmed? Where? Disappointing . . 

Yeah, the original poster got called out and then they admitted it and posted the source pics they used to create it. The slime was from the Paintballer minifigure and the tear on hi hoodie was from one of the LEGO City prisoner torsos that wears a torn vest.

As I posted in the 2020 thread, Parker will have a variant where her cap is removed and her purple hair is revealed: (I forget the source but it is listed in the 2020 thread, this was me just translating it using Google)

Also, there is no gas station, it's a mini-train of sorts.

Personally, although I've not been a fan of this theme, I do love the Ghost Fair but I hope it's not as underwhelming as described by the user who's seen it. But 5 minifigures for what, $50 or $60 and red rails, isn't bad either.

There will be new minifigures that deliver more options and open the world to many more possibilities down the road as we have seen with the four-armed minifigures. We now have double-headed and leaning, "bent" minifigures to look forward to thanks to this wave.

According to Google Translate:

We now have the first information from the next LEGO Hidden Side Set wave, which will most likely be published in late December / early January 2020.

• LEGO Hidden Side - Hidden Side Portal (70427)
    4 Minifigures - 19.99 Euro - 189 Pieces
  • LEGO Hidden Side - Jacks Beach Buggy (70428)
    3 Minifigures - 19.99 Euro - 170 pieces
  • LEGO Hidden Side - El Fuego's Stunt Airplane (70429)
    3 Minifigures - 29.99 Euro - 295 parts
  • LEGO Hidden Side - Newbury Subway Station (70430)
    3 Minifigures - 29.99 Euro - 348 parts
  • LEGO Hidden Side - The Lighthouse of Darkness (70431)
    4 Minifigures - 49.99 Euro - 540 Pieces
  • LEGO Hidden Side - Ghost Fair (70432)
    6 Minifigures - 49.99 Euro - 466 parts

Let's take a closer look: The Hidden Side Portal looks like a dark Harry Potter version of Aragog's hideout - but without a huge spider, but with a darker tree. Exactly this tree is supposed to represent the portal. Where will this portal lead? Maybe the light blue and thus frosty-looking treetop reveals this. But the minifigure of Jake is very cold. What's a little irritating about this set are the two fire ghosts - Nexo Knights sends greetings.

The two sets, numbered 70428 and 70429, could also be attributed to the LEGO Creator 3in1 team. Because the beach buggy and the stunt airplane come in the almost typical colors blue / yellow. Only interesting should be the double-headed spirit beach buggy set. The Newbury subway station looks a little small at first glance, if one thinks of the other train stations of LEGO. This is also shown by the indicated tracks, which are only two nubs apart. Otherwise, a slightly grim set with the minifigures of Jake, Parker and a ghost construction worker.

Highlights are certainly the two largest sets with 540 and 466 parts. The Lighthouse of Darkness is similar to the LEGO Scooby Doo Set 75903 Haunted Lighthouse, just adapted to the Hidden Side theme. Furthermore, it fits well as a berth for the Hidden Side shrimp cutter (70419) . Once again Parker is among the four minifigures, but for the first time without her cap and thus with open, purple hair. Well and with the set ghost fair, also holds the quite new roller coaster rail system at Hidden Side feeder. Where fair is a bit over the top, because it is a ride with accessories. Part of a ghost train, which consists of three red rails. In addition, the visitor of the train is greeted by a ghost clown who denounces high above the track. Fittingly, the set includes Jake, Parker and JB (a sensational scientist), three fantastic fairground employees.

6 hours ago, OwenMistika said:

Has anyone modded 70423 to be a normal school bus? 

Nah. Sadly I'm not very great at MOCs or big modifications. 

So we're actually getting physical ghosts??Huh,color me suprised but I wont get too excited untill I see how they look like.

About the sets themeselves the portal and the lighthouse sets sound the most promising.

Edited by LOTR34

3 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

So we're actually getting physical ghosts??Huh,color me suprised but I wont get too excited untill I see how they look like.

About the sets themeselves the portal and the lighthouse sets sound the most promising.

They are possesed people again

The clowns are possesed and the double headed character is possesed as well. He grew an extra head due to the possesion

Are you sure, because the portal set sounds like it has actual ghosts that came out of the portal.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

They are possesed people again

The clowns are possesed and the double headed character is possesed as well. He grew an extra head due to the possesion

I see,thanks for the clarification.

1 hour ago, LOTR34 said:

I see,thanks for the clarification.

3 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Are you sure, because the portal set sounds like it has actual ghosts that came out of the portal.

Just to clear things up; so far as we know the portal set is the only set that has actual ghost minifigures in it. The other sets are like this year; head swaps and occasionally other accessories, like the wings, tentacles or torso extension we saw this year, or the two heads part and torso twist part we’ve heard about. 

Edited by Feng-huang0296

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Just to clear things up; so far as we know the portal set is the only set that has actual ghost minifigures in it. The other sets are like this year; head swaps and occasionally other accessories, like the wings, tentacles or torso extension we saw this year, or the two heads part and torso twist part we’ve heard about. 

Yea but these "ghost minifigs" are fire ghosts, noted to be along the lines of those from Nexo Knights.

16 hours ago, kelceycoe said:

Yea but these "ghost minifigs" are fire ghosts, noted to be along the lines of those from Nexo Knights.

Are they actually "fire" ghosts, or just look like fire due to trans orange/red parts? We already know based on promo art for this year ghosts can be blue, yellow, and red - maybe the so-called fire ghosts are just yellow and red ones using the Ninjago/NK ghost tail?

16 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Are they actually "fire" ghosts, or just look like fire due to trans orange/red parts? We already know based on promo art for this year ghosts can be blue, yellow, and red - maybe the so-called fire ghosts are just yellow and red ones using the Ninjago/NK ghost tail?

Exactly what I was thinking.

Honestly, though, I wish they’d do blue ghosts. It’s easy enough to create customs if you have the right NK or Ninjago parts (Flama’s head from the Siege Machine set is the best head for custom ghosts), but there is no blue ghost tail yet. The closest I’ve managed is repurposing the Hydroman build from Spider-Man and using the CMF Banshee (which I had the foresight to get during Ninjago’s ghost wave). 

1 minute ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Exactly what I was thinking.

Honestly, though, I wish they’d do blue ghosts. It’s easy enough to create customs if you have the right NK or Ninjago parts (Flama’s head from the Siege Machine set is the best head for custom ghosts), but there is no blue ghost tail yet. The closest I’ve managed is repurposing the Hydroman build from Spider-Man and using the CMF Banshee (which I had the foresight to get during Ninjago’s ghost wave). 

I feel the same way; you can basically make the red/yellow ones today with Flama, but we've yet to get blue ghost legs (which I'm sure a lot of people would get use out of for their own custom figs as well).

All this talk about differently colored ghosts reminds me of the new Luigi's Mansion game coming out at the end of this month. I'm kind of hoping it might give me some ideas for Hidden Side MOCs, since I've been in a bit of a MOCing rut this fall and would love some inspiration that gets the gears turning in my head again.

On 10/17/2019 at 1:57 PM, kelceycoe said:

What's a little irritating about this set are the two fire ghosts - Nexo Knights sends greetings.

Yes, according to the English translation from the article, which I posted above, they are fire ghosts.

4 hours ago, legozebra said:

actually though the descriptions about the new upcoming sets could be false as leaks have got it wrong in the past a few times

I just picked up the shrimp shack yesterday in a great deal along with the LM2 shimmer and shine sparkle spa and lego friends ocean rescue lighthouse all for £100 altogether

the only hidden side set im missing is el fuegos truck but im not interested at all in it