Robert8

HIDDEN SIDE - 2019

52 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

The UK S@H is currently advertising on the thin grey banner at the top of the page that the Newbury Juice Bar promo is free with purchases over £45. I don't know if that's £45 worth of HS or any Lego as the promo actually isn't live yet (it's reported to start on 2nd) and adding £45 + of any Lego, including HS, to my basket does not add the promo. Another Lego mess up, but it does mean that we will be getting the promo in the UK. I know some people over on Brickset having seen the UK calendar thought we weren't and were annoyed about it.

For some reason it’s $129 AUD, which does not equate to £45 or $50 USD. Australia gets screwed over again . . 

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

For some reason it’s $129 AUD, which does not equate to £45 or $50 USD. Australia gets screwed over again . . 

Ouch! Google tells me that's about £71? Not good. ?

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Ouch! Google tells me that's about £71? Not good. ?

Yeah. I barely go to Shop@Home anyway, and, silly me assuming the promo would only be valid on HS sets, just a couple of weeks ago I bought the Dragon Boat set and the new Ninjago and Spider-Man minifig packs. All together, if I’d just waited that would have been enough to qualify me for the Juice Bar . . oh well. I dn’t have the money to buy up enough sets for the Bar and won’t get enough before the promotion ends, so I’ll have to watch BrickLink for anyone selling them in the secondary market. Why oh why, Lego, did you have to include stickers? Couldn’t you have made it just out of common parts? :(

21 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Yeah. I barely go to Shop@Home anyway, and, silly me assuming the promo would only be valid on HS sets, just a couple of weeks ago I bought the Dragon Boat set and the new Ninjago and Spider-Man minifig packs. All together, if I’d just waited that would have been enough to qualify me for the Juice Bar . . oh well. I dn’t have the money to buy up enough sets for the Bar and won’t get enough before the promotion ends, so I’ll have to watch BrickLink for anyone selling them in the secondary market. Why oh why, Lego, did you have to include stickers? Couldn’t you have made it just out of common parts? :(

Yeah me too. I only buy when there's a promo and a exclusive set that balances out the price. I want the new Friends set though and had seen articles about this promo coming up and thought I should just wait and see if the promo will apply. Who knows, tomorrow may come around and it may just be HS purchases that qualify. I'm sorry you missed out. ?

Edited by BacktoBricks

I need to order the Friends set asap but I'm not going to risk ordering and not get the promo.

I'm guessing they've put that banner up too early.

5 hours ago, ukaskew said:

I need to order the Friends set asap but I'm not going to risk ordering and not get the promo.

I'm guessing they've put that banner up too early.

The banner is on the US site as well but the promotion only starts tomorrow. The promo will be added automatically to your basket if you put an item over the threshold.

I got 3 of those juice bar sets with my new orders... I guess this promo set is to get people into HS. Or to try it out. Last night I assembled one only To find out that this set is not yet in the app so I couldn’t try it. :/

1. Its a nice promo in the US as I got two juice bars. I think a lot of those sets will hit ebay and be fairly inexpensive (though not compared to free)

2. I'm glad I got it for free as when I went to load the app on my (not new but not that old) ipad, it said my ipad lacked some feature and it could not work. Had I bought a big set for my kids and found that out I would have been really annoyed. (Though to be honest, not that big a deal for me personally as I sadly don't have time for games)

Anyone planning to build up Newbury as a Hidden Side themed town diorama? Would love to see it. 

Edited by Ponga91

On 9/14/2019 at 1:39 PM, Gomek said:

2. I'm glad I got it for free as when I went to load the app on my (not new but not that old) ipad, it said my ipad lacked some feature and it could not work. Had I bought a big set for my kids and found that out I would have been really annoyed. (Though to be honest, not that big a deal for me personally as I sadly don't have time for games)

And if your phone was new enough for the app to work you would be (rightfully) annoyed that the Juice Bar is not featured in it.

3 hours ago, Darnok said:

And if your phone was new enough for the app to work you would be (rightfully) annoyed that the Juice Bar is not featured in it.

The Juice Bar isn’t in the app? Like, at all? Disappointing. 

. . I still want it. There’s a bunch of listings on eBay if anyone’s looking for it and doesn’t mind the mark-up. (Better than buying enough to register the promo on Shop@Home, since it’s so easy to get most sets discounted if you know where to look - just this past week I got Major Vonreg’s TIE Fighter for 36% off and Rex’s Rexplorer for about 60% off!)

I saw reports that these are already on sale.

Is that true? 

Because if these are already on sale... well thats not a good sign

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Is that true? 

It is, I noticed all sets on sale on several shop sites and thought the same, not a good sign...
I've never seen an entire line on sale after a month and a half from drop

Edited by Ponga91

Weirdly enough, HS sets were on solid discounts for as long as I have seen them. That includes a time when it wasn't even on sale in the Lego store nearby, believe it or not.

Right now we seem to be in a "sale before Christmas season"-season, since a lot of Lego sets are discounted at the usual suspects. But a month ago only HS was - make of that what you will.

I really hpe it is just heavy advertisement, since I so want this line to succeed. The app is of no interest to me, but the sets are just fresh and great. I love the Hidden Side theme, and want to see it for years to come!

1 hour ago, Ponga91 said:

It is, I noticed all sets on sale on several shop sites and thought the same, not a good sign...
I've never seen an entire line on sale after a month and a half from drop

In all fairness, both the Harry Potter and Jurassic World new waves were on sale a week after launching on several sites in the UK last year.

It's probably just the usual build-up to Christmas toy sales.

On 9/22/2019 at 8:13 PM, Darnok said:

On 9/22/2019 at 11:20 PM, Feng-huang0296 said:

The Juice Bar isn’t in the app? Like, at all? Disappointing.

Wow, what the heck!!! Seeing as that was my first Hidden Side set, yes, I would have been beside myself that it's not included. The incompetence of giving away a set, to gain interest in a theme, when that set is not featured in the app your promoting, is off the charts. That will have the exact opposite result.

I was even thinking it would be pretty cool if they included some not Hidden side sets in the app to drive interest. That would be cool. I mean, if the app could actually be used by people who don't have the latest iPad.

On 8/28/2019 at 11:41 PM, Lucarex said:

Official themed magazine to be released late Sept apparently.

Now out in the wild.

Things to note:

- First issue minifig is (yet another) standard Jack with selfie stick :ugh:.

- Explains how Spencer became a ghost dog (vrrrooom...squeal...bang...whimper)

- Not seen before/as yet in app(?) headless ghost

- Next month issue minifig is at least new...ghost pizza delivery guy 

Edited by Lucarex

On 9/24/2019 at 1:43 AM, Robert8 said:

Is that true? 

I've gotten all my Hidden Side sets at sale from 35-51 % off. But those sales weren't targetted Hidden Side specifically, but just coincided with some general LEGO sales.

20 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Now out in the wild.

Things to note:

- First issue minifig is (yet another) standard Jack with selfie stick :ugh:.

- Explains how Spencer became a ghost dog (vrrrooom...squeal...bang...whimper)

- Not seen before/as yet in app(?) headless ghost

- Next month issue minifig is at least new...ghost pizza delivery guy 

Pretty lame to open up with a minifig that's in literally ALL (except the juice bar) Hidden Side sets.

Where have you seen the pizza delivery guy?

2 hours ago, Hive said:

Where have you seen the pizza delivery guy?

It's shown on the "coming next issue" page of the magazine. Not sure if it is actually a delivery guy, or just the possessed version of the dude in the Shrimp Shack Attack (70422). Either ay, at least it is a 100% useful minifig!

For some reason, I can't find the Hidden Side app on the Play Store of my phone. Why is that? Is the app only available on specific devices or something?

Edited by Lego David

32 minutes ago, Lego David said:

For some reason, I can't find the Hidden Side app on the Play Store of my phone. Why is that? Is the app only available on specific devices or something?

Yep. You can only get it on devices that have augmented reality capability. It shows up in some stores, but it'll tell you you can't download it, if that's an issue.

I wonder if they'll do something special with Hidden Side for Halloween...

On 9/30/2019 at 10:14 PM, PenPlays said:

You can only get it on devices that have augmented reality capability.

How new must your device be in order for the app to work?

On 10/3/2019 at 12:12 AM, Lego David said:

How new must your device be in order for the app to work?

LEGO has a device check website for all their apps.