Robert8

HIDDEN SIDE - 2019

Built Graveyard Mystery. Overall it’s pretty great. I don’t really care for the tree. If I didn’t already build The Rise of Voldemort, the winged statue in the HS one would’ve been a lot better. Love the minifigs & dog. The app doesn’t interest me at all, so the funky colors are annoying.

I need to figure out how to fit the whole set on the grounds of the Haunted House, definitely using the headstones & the little shed though. 

Other definite(hopefully) buys are going to be the boat, bus, & diner. 

11 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Built Graveyard Mystery. Overall it’s pretty great. I don’t really care for the tree. If I didn’t already build The Rise of Voldemort, the winged statue in the HS one would’ve been a lot better. Love the minifigs & dog. The app doesn’t interest me at all, so the funky colors are annoying.

I need to figure out how to fit the whole set on the grounds of the Haunted House, definitely using the headstones & the little shed though. 

Other definite(hopefully) buys are going to be the boat, bus, & diner. 

Totally agree Vindicare! Regarding the colors, just replace them! Easy peasy. Who needs them anyway. The app? What app? :iamded_lol:

The theme are awesome. Boat and bus already built, next is the diner, graveyard and lab. I`ve bought all of the them but sit on the fence about the ones not mentioned.

Have a quick look at my instagram, I´ve just "de-hided" the bus a bit, especially on the inside. 14 seats + the driver. I might buy another one and rebuild it into a completely normal school bus.

2 hours ago, Chilis said:

Totally agree Vindicare! Regarding the colors, just replace them! Easy peasy. Who needs them anyway. The app? What app? :iamded_lol:

The theme are awesome. Boat and bus already built, next is the diner, graveyard and lab. I`ve bought all of the them but sit on the fence about the ones not mentioned.

Have a quick look at my instagram, I´ve just "de-hided" the bus a bit, especially on the inside. 14 seats + the driver. I might buy another one and rebuild it into a completely normal school bus.

Yup, gonna switch out the green 2x4 slope on that one grave for sure. Not sure I’m going to put the entire Graveyard in or not, but I’ll just switch the 2x2 tiles as well of it comes to that. Saw your bus this morning, looking good. Hope the Dummy doesn’t get to banged up testing it though. :tongue:

A head purported to be Hidden Side in origin has popped up on Instagram. It's a fleshtone (print test run?) skull with a bandage on its cheek, hinting it to be Mr. Elton/El Fuego.

Edited by K_Tiger

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

According to Promobricks, the Juice Bar will be given away from 02. to 15. of September. No definites on the conditions yet, it seems 45€/$50 is the treshold.

Hoping this applies to all sets and not just Hidden Side - I purchased the whole wave on launch day and would hate to have this promo after all the sets have been out for a month. Very odd how this wasn’t just an August 1 promo to coincide with the release of the sets...

Not that odd in my opinion: I consider this an attempt to keep the sets in "public attention" after the first rush is over.

14 hours ago, Darnok said:

Not that odd in my opinion: I consider this an attempt to keep the sets in "public attention" after the first rush is over.

I guess that makes sense - still a shame if it only applies to Hidden Side sets. If anything, it could be even better if it applied to all sets so people who otherwise wouldn’t get Hidden Side would be exposed to the theme, rather than just the audience that already set out to buy them.

When the first pictures of the theme appeared, I fell in love with the little Shrimp boat. It was the first set I bought from Hidden Side and I liked it a lot. But I also thought that it could be bigger and better. So I modded the Wrecked Shrimp.
First I got rid of the ugly colour wheel/engine thing. I added two inverted slope segments to lengthen the boat and moved the bridge to the end. In front of it I added the new engine hidden under a wooden facing. Then a movable mast and fishing net, a crate and some barrels. The mod was complete and I was happy :classic:

00ship01ebdejzu.jpg
00ship02ebofjcn.jpg

And a little horrific scene.
Father and son were shocked, as they discovered what the net brought to the surface. Unbeknownst, that a unspeakable terror is right behind them...

00ship03ebzpjwj.jpg

@Plissken Great mod! I was interested in the shrimp boat the most, but have to say in person found it a little bare. Your modifications of the mast, net, extra railing and minus the colour wheel make it feel much more authentic. The spooky pic is really cool too. :classic:

Edited by BacktoBricks

12 hours ago, Darnok said:

Great MOC, much better than the (already nice) original. Well done! :thumbup:

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

Haha I see you did what I did - Make \aother shrimp using spares :D

:grin::thumbup:

25 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

@Plissken Great mod! I was interested in the shrimp boat the most, but have to say in person found it a little bare. Your modifications of the mast, net, extra railing and minus the colour wheel make it feel much more authentic. The spooky pic is really cool too. :classic:

Thank you!
The boat felt a little bit small besides the Old Fishing Store. With the added length it is a more natural fit and will be displayed beside the house.

On 8/21/2019 at 3:33 PM, Plissken said:

When the first pictures of the theme appeared, I fell in love with the little Shrimp boat. It was the first set I bought from Hidden Side and I liked it a lot. But I also thought that it could be bigger and better. So I modded the Wrecked Shrimp.
First I got rid of the ugly colour wheel/engine thing. I added two inverted slope segments to lengthen the boat and moved the bridge to the end. In front of it I added the new engine hidden under a wooden facing. Then a movable mast and fishing net, a crate and some barrels. The mod was complete and I was happy :classic:

And a little horrific scene.
Father and son were shocked, as they discovered what the net brought to the surface. Unbeknownst, that a unspeakable terror is right behind them...

Very nice mod and scene! I've been playing around with modding the shipwreck rocks to have a bit of a more lovecraftian feel to them for a bit now, so it's nice to see others do similar things. :laugh:

September calendar has been posted on Instagram and the juice bar will be free with any $50 purchase Sept 2 to 15 in the US.

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:22 PM, shadefoundry said:

Very nice mod and scene! I've been playing around with modding the shipwreck rocks to have a bit of a more lovecraftian feel to them for a bit now, so it's nice to see others do similar things. :laugh:

use the book of monsters from nexo knights as the necronomicon

5 hours ago, TheGlynreaper said:

use the book of monsters from nexo knights as the necronomicon

Oh that's so perfect too! I've got so many of those book pieces lying around as well. I'll post pics when I'm finished with my changes.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:30 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Heh, check out this guy's mod of the Paranormal Intercept Bus! :thumbup: :smug:

I'm actually planning on doing something along these lines with the bus, but more Mad Max:  i.e using random reddish brown pieces for rusty spots, replace half the windows with metal plating & all the glass with the bars, and with a twin .50 BMG mount in place of the ghost zapper.

4 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Official themed magazine to be released late Sept apparently.

Same deal as with the Nexo Knights one with a figure in each issue?

1 hour ago, shadefoundry said:

Same deal as with the Nexo Knights one with a figure in each issue?

I hope so, though that might be tricky; all the figures are programmed into the app. Nexo Knights had exclusive variants, even if they were mostly figbarfs of existing parts. But I can’t see how that would work with HS. Unless they programmed specific figures into it just for the purpose of magazine figures, which seems unlikely, or they just include duplicates of the figures from the sets, which would be a bit boring. 

On 8/22/2019 at 11:03 AM, Plissken said:

The boat felt a little bit small besides the Old Fishing Store. With the added length it is a more natural fit and will be displayed beside the house

Agree, and I really like your mod - but it is more of a fishing boat than a shrimp trawler.

Traditionally, some small single rigged shrimp boats were just like the LEGO one, with one wheel for the trawling net at the back.

Though more common are the bigger double rigged shrimp trawlers, with two arms making a big V.

The UK S@H is currently advertising on the thin grey banner at the top of the page that the Newbury Juice Bar promo is free with purchases over £45. I don't know if that's £45 worth of HS or any Lego as the promo actually isn't live yet (it's reported to start on 2nd) and adding £45 + of any Lego, including HS, to my basket does not add the promo. Another Lego mess up, but it does mean that we will be getting the promo in the UK. I know some people over on Brickset having seen the UK calendar thought we weren't and were annoyed about it.