Robert8

HIDDEN SIDE - 2019

19 hours ago, legozebra said:

Hidden Side Target DPCIs if anyone wants them - street date is this Sunday but you might get lucky, who knows.

204-00-____

0666 Lab

0807 Boat

7283 Grave

0818 Truck

9919 Diner

3433 Bus

8183 Train

4185 School

Found spots for all of them on the shelf at a Target in Colleyville, TX...looks like they had them up there and they had been taken off. Furthermore, basically everything else was up there...Ninjago, Batman, Harry Potter...but no Hidden Side. Kinda sucks...I wanted that diner. 

2 hours ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Found spots for all of them on the shelf at a Target in Colleyville, TX...looks like they had them up there and they had been taken off. Furthermore, basically everything else was up there...Ninjago, Batman, Harry Potter...but no Hidden Side. Kinda sucks...I wanted that diner. 

They’re street dated for tomorrow so you could try again then!

ok I am seriously thinking of recreating the poor jack moment from the ghoulishly awesome nightmare before Christmas with the cemetery set and im so so so so so glad I kept all my ninjago possession ghost minifigures as with some adjustments they can fit right in at newbury

Street date is august 1st., that is just a couple of days away. Why haven`t there been an official release yet? More pictures, partslist etc..

Edited by Chilis

4 hours ago, legozebra said:

They’re street dated for tomorrow so you could try again then!

Out of curiosity, where did you hear this?  Everything I've seen still has August 1st as the date.

Bought 2 sets (the school bus and the steam boat) because it's on launch special (20%).  Haven't build it yet but from the back of the box, it looks awesome!

^Saw that review but was disappointed that it omitted possibly one of the most interesting functions of the set, that being the sidewalk/patio that opens up like a giant mouth.

Hit several Targets today but no sign of them anywhere.  I asked at one but they looked at me like I had three heads so I didn't ask at the others.  Pchan1983 - who had them for 20% off?

20 hours ago, sithewok said:

Out of curiosity, where did you hear this?  Everything I've seen still has August 1st as the date.

I asked to get one from the back stockroom at Target by giving the DPCI codes, an employee got it for me, but when I tried to buy it, the cash register gave a warning for do not sell until today (July 28).

There’s a video on Insta that shows a clip of the app gameplay, and confirms you can play first-player as expected but also as the ghosts themselves.

*edit* App is now available!!!

Edited by Lucarex

Saw some of the reviews and see those ghost hair with gape in the back, anyone thinking we're going to see those hair again but backwards to cove the face except for a eye?

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

2 hours ago, ShadowWolfHount said:

Saw some of the reviews and see those ghost hair with gape in the back, anyone thinking we're going to see those hair again but backwards to cove the face except for a eye?

Possibly? Though I think the main purpose of that gap might be to let light in to the transparent head piece from behind to illuminate the face (similar to the "eye stalk" of many Bionicle figures that makes their eyes "glow" when lit from behind).

As a side note, thinking about that also made me consider how cool many of these ghostly figs and features might look under a blacklight... the Spring Yellowish Green parts might not glow, but the Trans. Fluor. Green parts certainly would.

On a side note, I'm considering using in MOCs is the hair piece for Beetlejuice from the Lego Dimensions set, since the color matches and it could add a bit more variety if I were to make some custom possessed townsfolk. Though on the other hand I'm not sure whether the going price on that hair piece from a single fig would be conducive to that on Bricklink...

I've just built the lab and been playing the game for about 1/2hr, very enjoyable, kids will love it and you can play as the ghosts in mini side games.

Well, shit . . apparently the app can only be installed on phones or iPads with ARKit capabilities, meaning both my phone and iPad are too old and outmoded to use it. And I was so excited . .

Edited by Feng-huang0296

My nearest Target did their toy reset yesterday so I was hopeful that they would have these sets out today but no luck.

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Well, shit . . apparently the app can only be installed on phones or iPads with ARKit capabilities, meaning both my phone and iPad are too old and outmoded to use it. And I was so excited . .

Yep requires iOS 11 or above, same as the new minifig Lego Towers app.

As for the brick sets, it seems the Juice Bar 70336 (a GWP by all accounts) is out in the wild.

22 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Yep requires iOS 11 or above, same as the new minifig Lego Towers app.

As for the brick sets, it seems the Juice Bar 70336 (a GWP by all accounts) is out in the wild.

Where?

Photo of box (IRL not stock) and build on Instagram. Username is "collector_leaks"

Edited by Lucarex

On 7/25/2019 at 8:27 AM, summicron said:

And as expected from LEGO lately, they avoid printing yellow/flesh colour neck area as much as possible.

Many of us are thankful of that, as it greatly increases versatility.

I personally get rid of all torsos with flesh tones, as they won't work at all for my "yellowfication". And I'm sure many people operate the other way as well. I greatly prefer LEGO giving us neutral torsos that can be used either way.

Tried out the app extensively with the only set I could find (the train) and while it’s super fun, certain aspects are very mixed. The AR works great when the set is involved, which I guess is the most important feature, but other aspects aren’t as great. The “scan a minifig” feature correctly identifies the figure maybe 10% of the time, and even misidentified some figures as a possessed version of Parker, which doesn’t appear in any Wave 1 set - maybe this could be a hint to what’s coming up next? 

Being able to play as the ghosts you catch is an inspired idea, but the gameplay itself is really boring and repetitive, focusing on the same graveyard and no AR elements. I’d much rather have the feature to haunt the built sets with AR than what they have implemented now.

The boss battle, at least for the train, also seemed restrictively hard even with dozens of effort put into grind and upgrade your phone shooter. I’m curious how many times kids will try it before giving up.

Just now, legozebra said:

Tried out the app extensively with the only set I could find (the train) and while it’s super fun, certain aspects are very mixed. The AR works great when the set is involved, which I guess is the most important feature, but other aspects aren’t as great. The “scan a minifig” feature correctly identifies the figure maybe 10% of the time, and even misidentified some figures as a possessed version of Parker, which doesn’t appear in any Wave 1 set - maybe this could be a hint to what’s coming up next? 

Being able to play as the ghosts you catch is an inspired idea, but the gameplay itself is really boring and repetitive, focusing on the same graveyard and no AR elements. I’d much rather have the feature to haunt the built sets with AR than what they have implemented now.

The boss battle, at least for the train, also seemed restrictively hard even with dozens of effort put into grind and upgrade your phone shooter. I’m curious how many times kids will try it before giving up.

A possessed version of Parker? Like, you scanned Parker and it said she was possessed or I tried actually showed an image of Parker with a ghost head? If so can you share a picture?