Captain Edward

STOPMOTION/BRICKFILM, Master and Commander : The Far Side of the World.

Hi Eurobricks and swashbucklers. 

I haven't posted much of my own making in recent years, simply because well.. let's just say I'm a bit lazy. Sorry! :pir-murder:

Back in 2015-2016 when I was 15 -16 years old (I know, easy to remember) I started messing around a bit with a custom built ship and No. 6721 "Imperial Flagship" (which was one of the last second hand set I bought). It was also at that time I discovered the Aubrey-Maturin novels, and began devouring them in a way you don't expect from someone my age. I also found out a movie adaption was made, containing various elements from the novels. I watched it, and again, and again, and I became a bit obsessed with the story and historical accuracy. And I was (and still am) a lego fan. So 1+1 is 2, ey? I grabbed a green robe and tried recreating a scene! 

Thanks to a friend who helped me with final cut pro and my mother for sewing the sails, I am very glad I can present to you a movie I should've released three years ago! Here's something I had much fun working on, with vague images, laughable special effects and the occasional video thrown in. Please enjoy. I hope I inspire someone to make a perfect version of this. 

Kind regards,

Captain Edward, or on youtube: Jiskpirate

P.S. Be sure to check out my older animations on my channel, with some being reasonably successful, although not too good. For me, my channel is one big plaza of nostalgia. 

Edited by Captain Edward

Nice video, on a subject that i, too, find really cool. I admire your patience and dedication regarding the stop motion procedure.

On 1/29/2019 at 3:43 AM, Captain Edward said:

Also, should I post this in 'Bricks Flicks & Comics' forum too? Am I allowed to post the same thing twice?

I believe you are allowed to post a link towards this post but feel free to listen to other opinions from other members as well.