Bart

Change of management for Fort Maartens

Fort Maartens has until now been funded by the Sea Rats, but due to recent rises of the costs of forts, the Sea Rats have difficulty to keep paying for the powder and shot.
The mayor of Poppy Port, Rodsh Derr, finds it important his settlement stays protected from unwanted visitors. and therefore decided to take over the costs. 

Because of the succesfull mining industry of Poppy Port the settlement has enough gold in the bank to pay the costs of the fort, even the preferred drink of the commander of the fort has been taking into the budget

46910251511_9a97cf8ff5_z.jpg

Rodsh Derr has dragged a chest of gold pieces to the gate of Fort Maartens, where the commander is eager to accept it.

I hope I did @Kwatchi his creation honour with this little build. 

Edited by Bart

I like the gate a lot. Also, cool to sea another continuation story for Poppy Port incorporating builds and timeline events.

I like how you simulated hard pack wagon tracks going into the fort with the smooth instead of studs

It's fitting you've captured the essence of the fort well IMHO

On 1/29/2019 at 12:41 AM, LM71Blackbird said:

Great looking vignette! I like the front façade!

Thanks :) I think it is one of my first with a snot wall, (the white part) although because LDD blures out btick borders it isn't easy to see.

20 hours ago, Fraunces said:

I like the gate a lot. Also, cool to sea another continuation story for Poppy Port incorporating builds and timeline events.

The events in the world of bobs are an inspiration for builds aswell. And keeping it a rolling story with a correct time line helps me enjoy bobs. 

17 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I like how you simulated hard pack wagon tracks going into the fort with the smooth instead of studs

It's fitting you've captured the essence of the fort well IMHO

Thank you :) getting the angle of the fort to the road was hard in LDD as part of the fort isn't connected to other parts. 

In the end it was easier to angle the road.