Legonaut

[COR - FB] The Arriving of Edward Brown

Born as the son of a sailor and cartographer, Edward Brown had the advantage of beeing introduced into the high society of sea travellers at a young age. His father taught him navigation skills and while his father sailed Edward lived with his uncle which was a cavalry Veteran. At the age of 16 edward decided to goto the military academy. Two years later he served for the ETTC (East Terran trade Company) as a cavalryman. After years of work for the ETTC he decided to leave the Company. He made that decission because he wanted to serve for the Queen in the Royal Army. In late 618 AE he began his journey to Cascadia, Celestia and Garma´s Key. In 619 AE he arrived at Port Woodhouse...

31966298567_08e002903c_c.jpg

33032160528_9077cd2460_z.jpgBoBS Entry - Edward  Brown by Lego Naut, auf Flickr

{to be continued}

---------------------------------------

Hey Guys,

My name is Timo and here I present you my Entry for Corrington :)

Hope you like it!

Greetings

Legonaut/Timo

Very nice build, great use of those olive snakes in with the vegetation! :thumbup: 

Great intro build Legonaut, it's fantastic to have you here and with Corrington. I especially like the way you have integrated the path into the vegetation here and the fleshie redcoats look great. Looking forward to what comes next.

Good about this built: 

- Vegetation and simple but striking architecture,

- Caribean-"real" style, even included fleshies,

- Nice overall composition with a nice black edge to finish the boundaries,

- The story shows some great lurking and learning before joining :pir-grin: (like me).

Bad about this entry:

- Corrington.

:sweet: Just joking, welcome to BotBS!!

Welcome, Legonaut!

And more so, welcome to Edward Brown! The colonies can always use competent soldiers, and I am sure Mr. Brown can find employment!

I really like your intro story, and the build is very good too! I particularly like the vegetation - some very nice parts usage there!

Seeing as this is a military building in Port Woodhouse and of very good quality, you could enter this into task 11 in the GoC building challenge :)

1 hour ago, Professor Thaum said:

Welcome aboard that's a great first one

Thank you, I'm glad you like it! 

1 hour ago, Kai NRG said:

Very nice build, great use of those olive snakes in with the vegetation! :thumbup: 

Thanks, yes those snakes are a great piece, especially if you haven't a lot of those olive green plants ;) 

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

Great intro build Legonaut, it's fantastic to have you here and with Corrington. I especially like the way you have integrated the path into the vegetation here and the fleshie redcoats look great. Looking forward to what comes next.

Thanks for the nice greeting :) You can't imagine how I struggled in finding all those 2x2 round plates (I should sort again). First I watched for a good yellow face for Edward, but there was just none so I lately (yesterday) decided to change the color.

Btw: Your Moc's brought me to Pirates and therefore here :)

48 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

Great start!

Thanks! 

19 minutes ago, Fraunces said:

Good about this built: 

- Vegetation and simple but striking architecture,

- Caribean-"real" style, even included fleshies,

- Nice overall composition with a nice black edge to finish the boundaries,

- The story shows some great lurking and learning before joining :pir-grin: (like me).

Bad about this entry:

- Corrington.

:sweet: Just joking, welcome to BotBS!!

Thank you, I think I reached now a point in Landscaping with which I'm happy. The house is really a simple Build but I wanted to go the "Classic Pirates" way. Well, there wasn't so much learning before this entry, just a nice conversation with Bregir :)

18 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Welcome, Legonaut!

And more so, welcome to Edward Brown! The colonies can always use competent soldiers, and I am sure Mr. Brown can find employment!

I really like your intro story, and the build is very good too! I particularly like the vegetation - some very nice parts usage there!

Seeing as this is a military building in Port Woodhouse and of very good quality, you could enter this into task 11 in the GoC building challenge :)

I absolutely agree, Edward will definitely find a new Job :) 

Like I said earlier I'm happy now with my Vegetation building skills, special thanks to some Friends of mine that helped me to come where I'm now: @Balbo @Dr Zarkow @markus1984

Good Idea but for this Challenge I'll definitely Build something else ;) 

Thanks again to all that commented or read at least to this point :)

Greetings 

Legonaut / Timo 

Welcome aboard legonaut,

That is a very nice introduction build. 
you are setting the bar high for yourself :D 

Splendid looking entry build! As others have noted, great parts usage on the vegetation. Also, welcome to Corrington! While highly (and occasionally hotly) debated, we are no doubt the best! :laugh: 

Welcome to Brethern of the Brick Seas and to Corrington!

I am enjoying studying your build and noting the small details like the teapot and cup with platter on the chest and the rat in the underbrush. What part are you using for the hen's nest? I haven't seen that before but it looks so perfect I feel I missed a new piece. 

I enjoyed your story and look forward to what Edward does next in the New World. 

Thank you all for your welcomes!

15 hours ago, SilentWolf said:

Welcome to Brethern of the Brick Seas and to Corrington!

I am enjoying studying your build and noting the small details like the teapot and cup with platter on the chest and the rat in the underbrush. What part are you using for the hen's nest? I haven't seen that before but it looks so perfect I feel I missed a new piece. 

I enjoyed your story and look forward to what Edward does next in the New World. 

The part isn´t old at all. It was first released in 2016, here is it on Bricklink ;)

I was away when this was posted, so I'm a bit late on the welcome but: Welcome to Corrington! From what you've shown thus far, I expect you will do great things for our glorious faction!