Lego David

Themes LEGO should discontinue

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

What about the Nexo Minions? :devil:

Don't hurt the poor Squirebots :sarcasm:  , especially Cyberbyter Dennis :alien:

Anyway, as for Minions or Trolls, I need to see the sets first before judgement, no plan to see the movies however.

Edited by TeriXeri

54 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Minions.

I imagine they are already planned to be discontinued, in 2020.

It's funny to see people wishing for a theme to be discontinued before it's introduced, not to mention before we have info about even a single one of its sets. Meanwhile, people lament that LEGO gave up on licensed themes like The Lord of the Rings, Scooby-Doo, Indiana Jones, and Pirates of the Caribbean (as well as non-licensed themes like Pirates, Monster Fighters, and Castle) so abruptly!

On 6/3/2019 at 2:34 PM, Robert8 said:

What about the Nexo Minions? :devil:

Those too!

On 6/3/2019 at 7:43 PM, TeriXeri said:

Anyway, as for Minions or Trolls, I need to see the sets first before judgement, no plan to see the movies however.

Agreed. You never know, these sets could bring some interesting new pieces or part recolours...

3 hours ago, TheL390Man said:

Agreed. You never know, these sets could bring some interesting new pieces or part recolours...

Imagine if the setting for the next Minions movie was some sort of huge, elaborate castle with printed heraldry... :wink:

5 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Imagine if the setting for the next Minions movie was some sort of huge, elaborate castle with printed heraldry... :wink:

Or a minions modular :grin:

In fact (although I kind of doubt it) they could make a sort of Arkham-Asylum-style flagship minions set, like a minions base or whatever they have in the movie...

22 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Imagine the complaints if the setting for the next Minions movie was some sort of huge, elaborate castle with printed heraldry... Minions keeping Classic Castle off the shelves.

I'm completely lost here now. We're talking about those yellow things from despicable me? Or something else?

55 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

I'm completely lost here now. We're talking about those yellow things from despicable me? Or something else?

Yeah, LEGO are doing sets for the new movie next year.

On 6/5/2019 at 8:24 AM, Lyichir said:

It would probably turn out like that Angry Birds castle set.  As in, not worth it.

45 minutes ago, x105Black said:

It would probably turn out like that Angry Birds castle set.  As in, not worth it.

That was pretty much spot on for the source material though!

22 hours ago, MAB said:

That was pretty much spot on for the source material though!

I'm sure it was, but it surely wasn't anything I was interested in as a Castle fan.