Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[GoC] ETTC - The Sacred Bean: Part 1 - Beginings (LDD)

Previously...

Arriving in King's Harbour with her precious cargo, Jennifer Cartwright of the ETTC wasted no time in setting her project up. Within a week she had established herself in a company farm house on the outskirts of King's Habour. Clearly the property itself was not suitable for the first plantations; however Jennifer had decided that she needed a base of operations to first grow and study some seedlings before conducting a thorough survey of the island for suitable locations.

46166599334_bc860c55fe_c.jpg

Seeds were germinated in planter boxes under shade covers, then the saplings could be transported to test sites around the island by the wonderful Grand Wagonway of Cocovia. Now after almost a year of study, Jennifer has narrowed down her selection to two sites, one close to Quinsville and one not far from her test site outside King's Harbour. She is especially proud of her two mature samples she has grown at the test site. Along with the seeds she had 5 advanced saplings shipped from Tazelft; however, only two survived the journey and transplant into the ground.

46166599424_4b067b04dc_c.jpg

Now for the first time they are bearing fruit and she is especially proud of the bright red coffee cherries. Soon she can begin experimenting with the the processing phase! But first the initial plantations must be established and so her work is about to become even busier.

GoC Task 5 - Higher Education.

Stage/Entry 2: Vocational/Industry Specific Education. Footprint: 64x48

While at first glance this one may be better suited to Stage 3 academic/higher learning, I feel it fits better with the industry category because of the commercial nature of the research being conducted.

The property will be licensed as an educational for the ETTC in King's Harbour.

The coffee tree has had me working for a while trying to find the right solution in bricks. After many (terrible) iterations, the above example is as close as I can get for now, I'd be really interested to see anyone else's ideas! The trees themselves should be possible in real bricks - I'll give them a try when I get a chance. Even digitally they are fiddly though, I am not looking forward to putting together a plantation (or two) worth of them... :pir_wacko:

Great job on the coffee plant, looks very visually appealing with the hints of red between the leaves!  The rest of the build looks really nice too, I especially like the small porch, looks very appropriate for the climate!

Nice tree especially. The building is somewhat simple but still very appropriate and suiting building style considering the beginning of this story and the use of the factory + setting 

Great looking build and interesting storyline, Ayrlego! I really like those palms, and the outhouse for the saplings too, and of course the coffee bushes!

How did you get the different shades of the roof tiles?

The halftimbered walls and the nicely detailed foundations make for a very nice house too.

Oh, btw: :thumbup:

A great build and an interesting story approach to go with it. Loving the coffee tree build!

I took some inspiration from here, including this facility being the origin of the WTCs coffee seeds. Legally? We will never know! :innocent:

Edited by Darnok