Sign in to follow this  
dalle

Challenge II: Category A: The first horse cart south

46087254334_472d12fbf7_c.jpg

After a long break, the first load of Updale's famous cheese Prostental could go south to its customers in Kaliphin. A merchant, Jonhaz Ludvecho from Barqa, supervises together Dalle d’Updale when the horse cart with the yellow cheeses leaves the dairy.
The fact that the trade has started between two so remote realm seen as proof that the trade routes are again open in Historica.

45897195045_5fb8e45ed5_c.jpg

Lovely work all round!

Love the roof and the colours you've chosen, it mixes well with the browns and greys. The timbered part is really nice, lovely use of the curved tiles and I like those half stud offset bits to transition to the stone bottom half.

The stonework itself looks a little messy, the angled plates are bothering me a little as it doesn't look very natural to my eyes.

The fig posing is great though and I did enjoy the story. Good work!

Great to see that the Prostental cheese soon once again will be on the tables of the Barqan patricians :thumbup:
In the build I particularly like the upper wooden part (except maybe for the loose pieces).
Nice clean photography and I love the "minifig level" shot. I would however have preferred the overall shot taken a bit further away to avoid the strong perspective distortion.

Nice building, I like the upper wooden section.  The stone bottom is a little blocky with the 2x1 plates on the outside but nice build overall.  

I love the base and the way it depicts a cobbled Street. The house is a nice clean build and it is good to hear that trade is returning to the land!

Great build!  I really like the snot bricks for cobblestone.  The roof texture and color choice go well with the brown and dark tan Tudor styling.  The cheese wheels are great (or should i say grate?) and I really like the whole little scene.  Nice job!

Really nice entry! Love the use of the masonry-profile bricks as base, lovely build overall with an enjoyable short-sized story as backup :thumbup: Oh and the fact that you don't always push the bricks down completely - I wouldn't probably appreciate it anywhere else, but it's a really nice choice for the wooden part! It makes sense as wood isn't always straight, I might even cop... er... borrow the idea! :grin::classic:

Nice building. Not as crazy about masonry tiles as a floor but I think you use it well here, though a fully squared base might look a bit better.

Neat job, I like the various details!  I would just have added a wooden beam on the back of the house behind the roof, it needs one there for looks I think.

Excellent building, especially the timber portion. It's fun seeing the new macaroni tiles get incorporated more and more in medieval scenes, and they work nicely here.
Lovely roof design, and the sideways masonry bricks make a top-notch street :thumbup:

Lovely scene here! As others have said, the timbered section of the house looks great but the stone work on the first floor is a bit messy with plates in all directions.. 

Great work with the figs!!

Great build!  I like the roofing quite a bit, but I LOVE the profile bricks for the base.   Great job!

A nicely clean build, and the colors are sharp! Some of the gaps could be smoother, but I like the build. Perhaps a slightly lower camera angle, or perhaps a camera position a bit further a way, would help with the odd distortion of proportions of the building. But it still looks good.