According to legend, the phoenix lives for many centuries. When at last it is old and tired, it flies to the city of Heliopolis, alights atop the temple of Ra and builds a nest of cinnamon bark. The following dawn, the sun god sends a spark which ignites the nest, turning it into a funeral pyre which consumes the bird. Later, a new phoenix emerges from the ashes of its predecessor.

This model consists of 2,705 elements, took seven days to design & build and was completed in December 2018.

45947869265_4edf0439a0_z.jpgPhoenix at Sunrise 1 by Jessica Farrell, on Flickr

46810364112_a5068d200f_z.jpgPhoenix at Sunrise 2 by Jessica Farrell, on Flickr

This is a gorgeous model! I have always loved the legend of the phoenix and this is exactly what I've always imagined!

Another gorgeous build from a stellar builder. Thanks for sharing this build, it truly is exceptional. :purrr:

The phoenix is really well done, and nicely posed, but the whole scene is completed with the pyre and temple/pedestal. Good designs all around, and it really succeeds at telling the story :thumbup:

This is beautiful!  The colours on the phoenix and the pyre stood out, but all round an awesome build.

Spectacular build. The Phoenix alone is amazing but that wonderful base and fire combined create an amazing work that looks so great and complete. Most excellent building!

On 1/26/2019 at 7:06 PM, Karalora said:

This is a gorgeous model! I have always loved the legend of the phoenix and this is exactly what I've always imagined!

I totally agree ...this Phoenix is gorgeous! :wub:

I love the flames ...and the base is really elegant!

This is a magnificent build, great use of color and the design of the base is also really good!

Hi JanetVanD, That is a wonderful build you are sharing here with us. I enjoyed the elaborate feather detailing immensly. Another thing I really love is your choice in colours. The magenta you used on the back in conjunction with red, orange, yellow and gold gives me so much joy and the bird looks more vibrant for the colour graduation. Lovely build.

Edited by Brick A Dee Brick

Stunning piece. I love where the masonry has started falling away and plants are coming through. Shows not just the rebirth of the phoenix, but how nature will eventually reclaim the ground by growing up through the citiies etc.