SylvainLS

lxf2ldr.html, the even more awesome lxf2ldr

Hi all,

I just released an extra portable version of lxf2ldr: lxf2ldr.html  (still on gitlab, next to its brother, and also in GPLv3+).

Yes, .html like in HTML/ECMAScript (aka JavaScript) but it’s totally local and self-contained!

No compilation, no dependencies, no web server or arcane application (well, except for a d/recent web browser).

Just download the zip (or tarball…), unpack it somewhere and open the file lxf2ldr.html in your browser.

(See the senseless green/yellow coloured bar ?  Click on the little cloud just below, on the right, just next to “Find File.”)

Okay, okay, the look is spartan but it gets the job done.  Tell me what you think… or not :wink:

BTW, this is the initial release, I haven’t tested all the cases / stumbled upon all the :cry3: of the language (two days on this and I know why I hadn’t touched JavaScript since the last century), so any issue, bug, glitch is welcome.

Edited by SylvainLS
typo, in the title of course

54 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

(See the senseless green/yellow coloured bar ?  Click on the little cloud just below, on the right, just next to “Find File.”) 

Useful reminder. Almost "invisible" download button I desperately search each time I need something on github...

Even more awesome indeed! Worked fine for me for the few files I converted. The only thing I noticed - but I think that the problem comes from ldraw.xml - is that the 28t differential (62821) is rotated 90°, making the middle bevel gear float in mid air.

Thanks and, er, oopsie?  Yes, a misktake in ldraw.xml.  One of the parts that checked too quickly back then.  I’ll correct it soonish (there’s already a couple new parts in the queue).

Hey @SylvainLS I dont want to clutter the blueprint thread but I am having the same issue. I have found a few models that work and others that dont. I will PM you some further info. 

@supertruper1988 PM received and answered :classic:

To everybody: corrections have been uploaded this afternoon, along with latest version of ldraw.xml.  I blame typos and JavaScript’s insanity :grin:  Well, okay, I blame myself for not understanding and not having tested this translation enough :ashame:

May I suggest to add a link to this tool here?