Arrow

Electrical wire for lego contacts

Hi everybody!

I have 2x 5306c01 and 2x  5306bc046. All the wires are frayed, as always :sceptic:

I want to change them, but I want to use a similar wire, like the original ones. But I can't find something online!

Could you help me? Many thanks!

you cold use the wires from an pf extention cable you just have to cut them and fit them into the old plugs

XGBC

Thank you all. I wanna use a cable that is quite the same as the original (I dont like custom made cables, but in this case i need to).

Those frayed cables keep popping up more often, it seems... Related post: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/169489-frayed-wiring-on-9v-track-connectors/

That material has reached it's expected lifetime, eh? :laugh:

I replaced the frayed cable with a telefone cable, have a look here in my Flickr account:

46813136542_f10af7512a.jpg46813133832_31f4f0cc25.jpg

Edited by Capparezza

1 hour ago, treczoks said:

Be careful, this is a 28AWG, and anything but a "power cable". This is not the kind of cable I'd use to drive a LEGO motor. The original LEGO PF cable is more like 20-22AWG range for a reason.

Ah ok!

@treczoks Had to read up on AWG first... I don't know why Americans always have to make things more complicate than they are? :laugh:

I would'nt worry much about using 28AWG here. 20 to 22 AWG can handle around 15 Ampere (!!!). The 9V regulator delivers around 1 Ampere at 9 Volts Maximum. I ran 2 x 9V train motors with my repaired cable without any problems.

@Arrow If you have old telephone cables around at home (ISND or normal phone lines), you can use these as well. Telephone cables have around 0,12 to 0,16 mm² cross-section which should be more than enough for the load you are putting on it.

Found myself repairing a 9v cable this morning, and it went pretty smoothly. Ended up using 22 awg stranded wire. Thought I would have to solder, but ended up pressing the wire into the original contact prongs. 

450f92ce-5bbb-4e24-9981-98c383cf594713eacada-621d-4ae2-9996-ee54265c4b2e

There is a few more pictures/descriptions on my flickr account here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmxAdgKx

Unfinished_Projects

Edited by Unfinished_Projects

On 1/25/2019 at 4:12 PM, treczoks said:

Be careful, this is a 28AWG, and anything but a "power cable". This is not the kind of cable I'd use to drive a LEGO motor. The original LEGO PF cable is more like 20-22AWG range for a reason.

The original LEGO wires were 24AWG. If you use that thickness you should be fine. Especially since the original LEGO wires were made from Aluminum, whereas these are made from Copper, which is a much better conductor.