Bracari

Challenge II - Category A - Caravan to Bluevale

Word of Lady Eleanor's arrival in Bluevale, Mitgardia, and her efforts to restore the land to prosperity has reached her southern neighbors in Avalonia.

As an envoy of the Queen arrives to oversee the efforts of the noblemen from northern Avalonia in complying with her edicts, Dovas convinces his father that it would be in their interest to aid Bluevale. He argues a strong and prosper Bluevale will not only open possibilities for new markets and increased business but also to contain the more aggressive Clans and bands of outlaws that dwell in the Demon's Ridges.

The Queen's envoy and Dovas' father reach an agreement in which, whatever supplies Bluevale needs , the Kingdom's Treasury will pay for half and the nobleman donates the other half.

The nobleman dispatches, immediately, a token gift of supplies to Bluevale in hopes it arrives in time for Bluevale's mid-spring festival.

Davos leads the small caravan, the Queen's envoy makes the journey with him to assess the needs of Bluevale.

As they begin the ascent to Bluevale one of the Lady's rangers meets the caravan to lead them through the treacherous mountain passes safely.

46802464112_466dd46a00.jpg 46802464472_4be77dac94.jpg

46854620151_cc767e9e9d.jpg

Spoiler

This is a Mitgardian build although the story is mostly set in Avalonia.

A few more images:

46854620511_2872d23a27.jpg 39889600073_14d1c4c895.jpg

46854619151_52d5d36c34.jpg

The base is 24X16 studs, within the limits for the category, the border extends a little beyond but I believe it is within reason.

Fig posing is one of the strongest elements here. The way you have the wagon turning around the horsemen is nicely done and adds interest.

The fig posing is fantastic, as @mccoyed already said, and the story is well written.

I like the cart design and you've packed it well - it looks like a heavy load for those beasts to pull!

The tan base could have a little more detail on it - maybe mixing in more colours to make it less monotone?

Anyway overall it's a lovely build!

The wagon and it’s goods are really well done. The landscape could do with a little more work but it fits the bill very nicely.

This is a really outstanding little build!  I like the clean lines and the very nice work with the supplies on the wagon.  As others have said, the mini posing is great.  My only question is, if this is in the mountains, why’s is the land so flat?  Maybe it’s not in the mountains yet but you mentioned they had begun their ascent so it seemed a bit flat to me.  Love the story though!  Can’t wait to see where Lady Eleanor winds up!

Really nice! The terrain could do with a little more variation, but that cart design compensate well, imo! Nice short story too, keep it coming! :classic:

Lovely wagon and figs! The wagon do look a little big in that small moc though. It deserves a bigger moc! :)

Nice clean build that captures the essence of the challenge.  I like the little touches on the wagon contents, and as others said, the turned wheels makes a big difference in adding some character.  Well done!

Nicely done with the cart, and the barrels look great in the back. The thing that sells the build, though, is the wagon at an angle. If it were straight, aligned with the stud-grid, this would be boring; but as it is, this is visually interesting and a good entry. 

Quite a solid wagon design, and it's well loaded :thumbup: Fun touch having oxen pulling the heavy load instead of horses like is usually done :classic: