I hope that it is ok to make a post about a game that I have created (perhaps some of you already have played it). The game is called Classic Space Adventure and is a free web game programmed in HTML5 that you play in your browser (Chrome or Firefox) using your keyboard. It is inspired by the Classic Space theme so you will notice many of these sets in the game.

You can play the game here, or check out the webpage for the game here

There is also a Facebook page for this game and it would be appreciated if you wanted to follow it. I make posts about the game there now and then. 

In total there are more then 60 different characters and enemies, and the game takes approxamately 4-5 hours to finish. It is written in the programming language Javascript and took me about two years resulting in almost 400 pages of code. The music I have composed in Famitracker, a program where you can create Nintendo 8-bit music.

Hope you will enjoy it and let me know if you have any questions regarding the game! 

Below are some of the sets that you will find in the game that I have recreated in a pixelated style. 

set_game_collage1.png

This was how the game looked like at the very beginning of the development, compared to when it was finished in 2018/19. The resolution was lower and with much fewer details and colors.

32804317688_5ccae3b73b_c.jpg

Here are some of the enemies that I have built in real LEGO. For most of the enemies and characters in the game I built them first in real LEGO-bricks. Box-Kloss is the first boss you will encounter!

enemies1.jpg

For the game I also needed to develop a game editor where I can easily build each level by just placing bricks, characters and enemies where I want them. It is not that pretty though. :)

editor1_s.jpg

I saw this when it was featured on the Brothers Brick a few months ago, but I haven't taken the time to play it yet.  Maybe that's something to do tonight after work.  This is a really impressive piece of work, here.  Thanks for posting.

21 hours ago, icm said:

I saw this when it was featured on the Brothers Brick a few months ago, but I haven't taken the time to play it yet.  Maybe that's something to do tonight after work.  This is a really impressive piece of work, here.  Thanks for posting.

Thank you very much! Yes hope you can get some time to try it out! The game is saved for every new level/chapter you reach, so you can turn it off and then return to the previous chapter.