1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

gallery_6705_157_22742.png

Hello everyone,

I am very excited to share my first 2019 Marvel Superheroes review with Eurobricks Community. I am sure Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) fans are looking forward to the upcoming blockbuster movie of Captain Marvel which is slated for release on 8 March 2019. This is the only feature set which will come from the movie which will bring us back to the time where Nick Fury had both eyes. When this set was first released, I knew I had to acquire it due to its overall appeal. Without further ado, let me share my thoughts onto why this set is desirable in my mind. 

Name: 76127 Captain Marvel and The Skrull Attack
Theme: LEGO System / Marvel Superheroes / Captain Marvel
Year: 2019
Pieces: 306
Minifigs: 3 minifigures plus a cat
Price: USD $29.99, GBP 24.99, EURO 29.99, SGD 49.90
Resources: Brickset, BrickLinkBrick Insights

An original box image of the 76127 Captain Marvel and The Skrull Attack
32952203628_daa6630978_o_d.jpg

Back view of the original box image of the 76127 Captain Marvel and The Skrull Attack
45912966715_b17f41c66c_o_d.jpg

The latest Captain Marvel official movie set coverage
45912965735_891559ffaf_o_d.jpg
This 76127 Captain Marvel and The Skrull Attack is a medium-sized set and it is typical for TLG to include a vehicle or aircraft of an equivalent accompanied with 3 minifigures. In this case, the set appeal is combined with the Quinjet and the minifigures assortment. In general, people could either shunned this set by buying the minifigures via BrickLink or simply like the overall set design and the minifigures. Luckily, the latter formula works well for me. I chosen to pick up this set at a very early stage without discount is due to my strong preference of Quinjet which is the stealth assault aircraft or air transport for SHIELD. I had enjoyed seeing the numerous renditions for the Quinjet release and this is the fourth Quinjet design and is the smallest among all. This set took me about 30 minutes to finish building. Let's go on with the rest of the review. 

The content of the sealed box
32952203568_54fcf8bf82_o_d.jpg

The sealed box come with three numbered mint packs. The box contain an instruction manual and a dreaded sticker sheet which I did not apply for this set. After completing the built, these are the remaining spare parts for packet 1, packet 2 and packet 3.

The brand new minifigures from Captain Marvel movie
32952203328_a102e5ea39_o_d.jpg
In the above minifigures assortment, we have (from left) Nick Fury, Captain Marvel, Goose and Skrull. Let's look at the main character, Captain Marvel. Her real name was Carol Danvers. She was a former U.S. Air Force fighter pilot and member of an elite Kree military unit called Starforce. Her DNA was somehow fused with a Kree during an accident, imbuing her with superhuman strength, energy projection, and flight. The minifigure design is accurate to the movie reference. Next, we look at Nick Fury who will be the future Director of SHIELD. In this case, he is just a low level operative in this movie. The minifigure is nice to have, even though I kind of disliked the vanilla black legs similar to Talos. The last minifigure is Talos. He is a shape-shifting Skrull and is on a mission to wreck destruction on Earth. For his minifigure, I find it to be poorly designed and far off from the actual movie reference. He look just like a regular looking alien minifigure which hardly strike off as any worthy adversary. Of course, not to forget Goose who is the Cat. The animal's identity remain as a mystery other than its name is closely related with Top Gun. All of the minifigures contain back printing. Only Captain Marvel and Nick Fury minifigures contain alternate facial expression

Captain Marvel, we are pleased to have you with us
32952202858_a496f3b234_o_d.jpg

Evolution of Nick Fury
32952202918_56b790d6f4_o_d.jpg

The entire building content for Packet 1
32952203438_9ca3b2a2d6_o_d.jpg

The completed built for Packet 1
32952203388_bb65b1db37_o_d.jpg

The entire building content for Packet 2
45912966165_a4324a4510_o_d.jpg

The completed built for Packet 2
32952203288_845b4f82d1_o_d.jpg

The entire building content for Packet 3
45912966075_15e4b49538_o_d.jpg

The completed built for Packet 3
45912964965_8e280d238e_o_d.jpg

The completed built of the Quinjet
32952203798_c9c93742f8_o_d.jpg
The completed Quinjet design is pretty appealing to me, despite of the size being the smallest among the four released Quinjets till this date. This design is very different from the earlier Quinjets which we are familiar with in either Agents of Shields or MCU movies which is much stealth looking. My best guess is that this Quinjet is much more of a prototype which is designed as a fighter jet. I am also fond of the colour schema which make a good mix of grey and distinct red bricks. 

The Quinjet is measured at 30cm length, 21cm wide and 11cm height. It is packed with the state-of-the-art MLRS (Multi-Launch Rocket System) which can be pushed via the rear bricks. However, do note that the pushing mechanism is fragile and I often get annoyed that the mechanism got stuck or fall off. The wings and flaperon are also adjustable but the other annoying thing is the frequent drop of the rocket booster which is supported by a 1x1 round stud. The cockpit cover can be removed but you have to completely remove it as if it is ejecting the pilot out of the cockpit. Although these features are great to have, but the design aspect for the playability is weak. The overall Quinjet design on its exterior is nicely designed which I am fond of it, but I am just frustrated with the 'drops' that could affect my 'swooshing' performance. The last playing mechanism is the surprise cargo compartment door at the rear where it can housed Goose safely. 

You can enjoy viewing more of the up close viewing angles from the front view, bottom viewside viewback view, and the landing position

Quinjet taking a right bang
45912966935_26a0cb2f02_o_d.jpg

Prototype Quinjet vs Commissioned Quinjet
32952203718_899ec2072b_o_d.jpg

Who are you? Where did you come from?
46827772741_092fcef4e1_b_d.jpg

This is the End Game
46827772661_6d4831ec4b_o_d.jpg

Surrender! You can't pass through this barrier
45912966855_c7377a8daf_o_d.jpg
To conclude, I enjoyed the building and playing experience along with my other official LEGO Marvel sets. It integrates well apart from the slight design flaw on the MLRS, cockpit cover and weak connection of the rocket booster engine. The exterior design is adequately and worthy to be in my display for sometimes. It even look nice (based on my context) without those dreaded stickers. On the minifigures' aspect, I am quite disappointed with Talos due to it being a typical alien looking minifigure. Captain Marvel and Nick Fury is great to have in your LEGO Marvel minifigures collection. If you are a Marvel fan, be sure to get this set in your collection and is recommended to acquire it with some discount.  

Summary review
Playability: 9/10 (Well integrated with other Marvel playsets but it contain slight weak playing design.)
Design: 8/10 (Slightly above average minifigures' design and excellent Quinjet design.)
Price: 7/10 (Consider this set at a discount as the SRP is still quite expensive but unless if you are a fan of Captain Marvel and can't wait.)
Overall: 8/10 (Join in the hype of Captain Marvel with the fun of this LEGO set.)

I gave it a "4" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?  

I hope every one of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Criticisms are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Flickr.

A pretty decent set for the price, at least from my perspective. I do dig the vintage Quinjet build, and Fury's torso looks to be quite useful beyond its intended purpose. :thumbup:

Thank you for the excellent review! Would you kindly tell me what colour Skrulls head is? 

Co und be interesting for orcs :)

Thanks guys for your thoughts and comments. I really hope this review will help fans to decide whether to get this set or not. 

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Pretty certain it's just Bright Yellowish Green.

Yes, it is! Thank you. 

There really is no deep meaning to "Goose" the cats name. In the comics Captain Marvel's cat is "Chewie". But marketing felt uncomfortable using that Star Wars reference in the MCU, so "Goose" it is. 

My biggest issue with the set is probably the minifigures looking so bland. Carol deserves a better minifigure for the headlining character, very similarly underdone like Black Panther's multiple variants were. Talos is in need of a cloak/cape piece, but Fury looks perfect.

Was a nice build, hopeful I'll get some MOC ideas after watching the movie.  

Awesome review.  I don't mind the minifigures and I thought Captain Marvel has done nicely. But I agree Talos is a bit meh.  The quinjet is nice considering the size of the set.  So the cargo is for Goose?  I thought when I build wow, why design the space while you can hardly access it? XD  Be sure to check out my detailed thoughts here too. As usual I did a slow mo missile test =D