Bricksnaps

(MOC) Oh..Look what the Greeks left us...its Pretty!!!!!

Built and displayed for Brickfair ALabama, I built the horse in one evening over Christmas. I knew I needed to frame it nicely so I decided on having it set at the gates of Troy, having been pushed up from the beach by the Trojans. The question is, will they let it in or will they burn it? hmmmmm.....I know what they should do, but we dont always do what we should do, we often get blinded by pretty things with 'no strings attached'.

Presenting my first ever Greek build, 'The Trojan Horse'. Next up will be an expansion, but thats going to depend on mini-figure sourcing. I have used only LEGO minifigures to date, but these parts and pieces are not cheap :)

Thanks for looking, any criticism or suggestions are always welcome :) Cheers.

39865224003_34654099f5_b.jpgLook what we found! by Martin Harris, on Flickr

46778259362_f94ec8002e_b.jpgLook what we found! by Martin Harris, on Flickr

32954869188_8814be13ae_b.jpgLook what we found! by Martin Harris, on Flickr

45915688125_2b8066199c_b.jpghow nice of them by Martin Harris, on Flickr

46778287892_2e4b218ceb_b.jpgOh cool! Come on in guys by Martin Harris, on Flickr

32954918278_e4c117fd66_b.jpgwow it looks cool by Martin Harris, on Flickr

46778293932_4a1ea728cf_b.jpgWOW, look what they left us by Martin Harris, on Flickr

46830631451_38f0a6eb83_b.jpgTHey left us a Lovely present guys by Martin Harris, on Flickr

Edited by Stillinamerica
needed Moc in title

Man that's a lot of tan bricks.  The horse is wonderful, I really like the way you did the mane.  Nice job with the figs too.  

Wow, the way you arranged those pictures really makes the scale stand out. That wall's huge! I also really like the use of the net for the tail.

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts!

Great creation. The shaping of the horse is really well done and the parts usage very clever. ?

On 1/21/2019 at 3:05 PM, pantelis said:

My friend like a Greek iam one think i want to say..... Many... Bravo!!! Well done.. 

Thank you

19 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Man that's a lot of tan bricks.  The horse is wonderful, I really like the way you did the mane.  Nice job with the figs too.  

Thanks. Yes that is much tan and a lot of rather pricey minifigs- and I thought SW was expensive :) 

10 hours ago, Nick Wolfe said:

Wow, the way you arranged those pictures really makes the scale stand out. That wall's huge! I also really like the use of the net for the tail.

Done purposefully for effect, glad you noticed it:)

18 hours ago, Reaper said:

The horse looks great! Nice MOC!

Thank you!

4 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts!

Great creation. The shaping of the horse is really well done and the parts usage very clever. ?

Thanks. I went for a war horse style, I didn’t want it standing straight

On 1/24/2019 at 12:49 PM, Aine said:

Amazing! And yes, the scale is insane!

Thank you, it would have been nice if I had built it with minifigs in the horse :)

On 5/5/2019 at 5:10 AM, Witold said:

This horse is absolutely amazing!

Cheers, thats what I started the build with and scaled around it, imagine my horror when my wife places a plastic bag in front of me containing brown pieces of lego saying my daughters friend had been playing with it...

Ooh, my! That’s a cool looking horse! I’d definitely open my gates to such an incredible construction-gift.

Nice color scheme. I like to detailed on that massive wall. And that gate is sweet!

Cheers for the build.

The horse is superb! The wall is pretty simple in its design but absolutely fits to the scenery since the balance is very well done. Great MOC!

I like it. I really like the mane and tail.

Though, you need to push the bricks together on the horse more. There are some unsightly gaps between the bricks; the ones I particularly noticed were in the legs.

Steve